• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail: Revisiting Erza's Meteor Feat

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloverDragon03

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Hey all, Dragon here. Props to anyone who gets that reference, by the way. This calc group discussion thread is gonna be all about Erza's current speed feat. There are two ends: 2.23% SoL (Sub-Relativistic) and 10.67% SoL (Relativistic). The difference in these is dependent on one thing: the distance Erza was at when she swung her sword.

The Sub-Relativistic end gets the closest distance shown between Erza and the meteor (which ended up being 9.717 meters) and assumes she swung her sword then. However, the Relativistic end assumes Erza swung right as she got in range to do so, and thus uses Erza's arm + sword length to get the circumference of a half-circle (as she swung 180 degrees) and uses that as the distance.

The low-end is what was accepted, but in this thread, I want to suggest using the high-end. Here's why:

We see in these back-to-back scans that Erza didn't actually swing her sword until she was right at the meteor. The Sub-Relativistic end is inconsistent with what's shown in the scans, and the scans lean much more to the idea that Erza swung her sword when she got in range to do so, which is what the Relativistic end goes with. As such, I propose that it be used instead of the Sub-Relativistic end.

I'd also like to hear the thoughts of other calc group members on this.

Last edited:
I 100% agree with this, the high-end should be used here instead. This will also upgrade a bunch of characters, and speed for a bunch of people. It makes 100% sense to me, and the upscaling won't be needed anymore, which is also good.

Someone tell me how the speed ratings would look now and who scales where pls

Hey all, Dragon here. Props to anyone who gets that reference, by the way. This calc group discussion thread is gonna be all about Erza's current speed feat. There are two ends: 2.23% SoL (Sub-Relativistic) and 10.67% SoL (Relativistic). The difference in these is dependent on one thing: the distance Erza was at when she swung her sword.

The Sub-Relativistic end gets the closest distance shown between Erza and the meteor (which ended up being 9.717 meters) and assumes she swung her sword then. However, the Relativistic end assumes Erza swung right as she got in range to do so, and thus uses Erza's arm + sword length to get the circumference of a half-circle (as she swung 180 degrees) and uses that as the distance.

The low-end is what was accepted, but in this thread, I want to suggest using the high-end. Here's why:

We see in these back-to-back scans that Erza didn't actually swing her sword until she was right at the meteor. The Sub-Relativistic end is inconsistent with what's shown in the scans, and the scans lean much more to the idea that Erza swung her sword when she got in range to do so, which is what the Relativistic end goes with. As such, I propose that it be used instead of the Sub-Relativistic end.

I'd also like to hear the thoughts of other calc group members on this.
link not working, for the scans

yeah seen it, take a look at it, it was not that she was close it was more of the angle the art was drawn from
Look at the second image. She appears to have gone right at the meteor and then she swings her sword. What the 2.23% SoL end does is inconsistent with what the manga shows.

Look at the second image. She appears to have gone right at the meteor and then she swings her sword. What the 2.23% SoL end does is inconsistent with what the manga shows.
in this she is seen approaching the meteor in a ready to srike pose

then here

we have the art showing that she hit the meteor even before the swing, or she simply swung through the meteor

Not talking about the speed feat, but talking about the meteor feat itself. The calculation is wrong, the meteor moves at relativistic speed and the guy uses normal KE for the result in energy, which is wrong. Using relativistic KE will create a small upgrade, but nothing significant

Not talking about the speed feat, but talking about the meteor feat itself. The calculation is wrong, the meteor moves at relativistic speed and the guy uses normal KE for the result in energy, which is wrong. Using relativistic KE will create a small upgrade, but nothing significant
The meteor is Sub-Relativistic, so no, Relativistic KE is not going to be used.
in this she is seen approaching the meteor in a ready to srike pose

then here

we have the art showing that she hit the meteor even before the swing, or she simply swung through the meteor
None of this contradicts what I'm saying though. Yeah, she was approaching the meteor but she didn't do anything just yet. From the scans, it appears she only swings once she's in range. That 9.717 meters for the Sub-Relativistic end contradicts what the manga shows. And it wouldn't make sense for her to swing after she hit the meteor, plus the anime confirms that she doesn't do it afterward so the most likely conclusion is that she swung it once she was in range.

None of this contradicts what I'm saying though. Yeah, she was approaching the meteor but she didn't do anything just yet. From the scans, it appears she only swings once she's in range. That 9.717 meters for the Sub-Relativistic end contradicts what the manga shows. And it wouldn't make sense for her to swing after she hit the meteor, plus the anime confirms that she doesn't do it afterward so the most likely conclusion is that she swung it once she was in range.
i am not trying to contradict anyone, just saying what i see n the scans

and actually from the calc, it looked like she swings after she hit the meteor, check the secon scans, we see the sign of something hitting the metoer and in the next panel, we see her swing

i am not trying to contradict anyone, just saying what i see n the scans

and actually from the calc, it looked like she swings after she hit the meteor, check the secon scans, we see the sign of something hitting the metoer and in the next panel, we see her swing
The thing that she's hitting first isn't actually the meteor, its actually the superheated air that surrounds the meteor. We don't see the meteor actually crack until Erza swings her sword. It also wouldn't make sense for Erza to actually hit the meteor with her body first as she's a broken mess and is a glass canon. We don't even see the Meteor touching any part of Erza on panel meaning she couldn't have touched the meteor itself.

I believe this is unanimous, so it’s safe to say the high-end for this feat has been accepted.

This discussion has been settled, 4 Calc Members agree with the High-End, so that is what will be used

I will close this now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back