• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail ability addition thread

High tiers and God tiers

• Character with higher magical power shown to Fear Manipulation and overwhelming aura like ability on others
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]

[7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12]

[13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18]

If accepted it will scale to character above Brandish

Natsu

• Soul manipulation/Thought projection magic
> he can control his own soul freely

> Non-Physical Interaction Hurt Wraith [19]

>Astral Projection he can entre or Leave his body freely

>Intangibility and Invisibility in astral form, Happy can't hear or see Natsu and Wraith Fighting, Only dragons slayers are stated to be able to hear/see them.

>Durability Negation can hit soul in someone body, wraith, who posses Happy, feel pain when natsu hit him and natsu forced wraith to leave happy body

Ability for Wraith profile
Standard dragon slayer abilities, Non-Corporeal (he is already dead, and live as a ghost,Soul Manipulation (can hit,manipulate,extract and absorb souls] Possession( can possess human/animals), Statistics Amplification(Depends on people he posses, can increase his powers),Power Absorption(can absorb power reside within a soul) Resistance to Soul Manipulation (he is a soul dragon slayers)

Gonna wait for others to speak on the fear manip. Neutral but leaning against.

Agree for most of Natsu's stuff but I wouldn't say Natus can hit souls in a body. That would just be him hitting Happy and Wraith feelimg it due to possessing him. Wraith leaving would be due to his plan of Natsu not hitting his friend being a failure.

Agree with the Wraith stuff.

I am against the Fear Manip stuff. Being intimidated by people significantly stronger than you in raw power is a common thing in....pretty much every single franchies out there.

I agree with the rest though.

AnonymousBlank said:
Gonna wait for others to speak on the fear manip. Neutral but leaning against.

Agree for most of Natsu's stuff but I wouldn't say Natus can hit souls in a body. That would just be him hitting Happy and Wraith feelimg it due to possessing him. Wraith leaving would be due to his plan of Natsu not hitting his friend being a failure.

Agree with the Wraith stuff.
What about overwhelming auura, gray said her(brandish) aura is even stronger then makarov

Beast Zero Gudako said:
I am against the Fear Manip stuff. Being intimidated by people significantly stronger than you in raw power is a common thing in....pretty much every single franchies out there.

I agree with the rest though.
Isn't what we called fear manipulation?iirc black clover character have fear manipulation based this

I know nothing about Black Cover, but if they did get the ability based on "intimidating their opponent through sheer raw power," then it should be removed since it isn't a fearm manip at all.

Aura

Fear-inducing - Aura affecting an enemy's emotions, make them feel insecurity and fear. Generally has a negative impact on the target's fighting ability, and at high levels (in the absence of resilience), can cause hallucinations and induces insanity.

What is different with what KD shown?

The difference is that it doesn't caused any negative effect on the victim aside of slightly uncomfortable feeling towards the opponent.

Heck, Gray felt intimidated by Brandish magic power but later on he barely felt anything when he faced Invel, who is on the same level as Brandish.

Epsilon R said:
Aura

Fear-inducing - Aura affecting an enemy's emotions, make them feel insecurity and fear. Generally has a negative impact on the target's fighting ability, and at high levels (in the absence of resilience), can cause hallucinations and induces insanity.

What is different with what KD shown?
That what exactly i show in scans, gray/natsu/lucy/erza was shivering in brandish presence when they 1st time meets her, Kagura feels like whole battlefield is frozen in dimaria presence. And more example ins above scans

Beast Zero Gudako said:
The difference is that it doesn't caused any negative effect on the victim aside of slightly uncomfortable feeling towards the opponent.
I will not count this as slighty uncomfortable feelijg toward opponent https://**********.com/manga/Fairy-Tail/0486-009.png

Disagree with Fear Manipulation and Natsu's Durability Negation (Souls in Fairy Tail appear to have the same AP and Durability as their Physical Bodies)

Beast Zero Gudako said:

Fear-inducing - Aura affecting an enemy's emotions, make them feel insecurity

Heck, Gray felt intimidated by Brandish magic power but later on he barely felt anything when he faced Invel, who is on the same level as Brandish.

Idk whi they are honestly, but it depends on their magic amount. Brandish may have more magic power than Invel

Also those two scan atleast proves overhelming aura for ft characters

https://**********.com/manga/Fairy-Tail/0442-020.png

https://**********.com/manga/Fairy-Tail/0443-019.png

Natsu was shocked yes, but not to the point he is afraid of August. After all, he has faced Zeref and pretty much ragdolled him. Brandish has already knew what August capable of, so her was seen to be calm is make sense. Mest, Lucy and Happy are the only ones I see to genuinely afraid of August, that's because they were fodder.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
I'm not Ok with just giving Fear Manipulation because a Character is stronger
There's a difference between being shocked by someone else's power and being unable to fight back due to their power.

Fear Manipulation can inflict Fear on the target, which can incapacitate them by making them to scared to fight back.

Thats from the Fear Manipulation page and this feat by Hades fits this definition of fear manip.

Again, there is difference between inflicting fear through a certain ability and inflicting fear through sheer raw power. What Hades did is the latter, he didn't make them fear because some certain hax, he did it because he is much more powerful than the FT gang. Heck, in the scan above, even Erza said stated that each monster that Hades created has an overwhelming power. Not to mention, all of them are pretty much worn out from their previous battles.

The only one who I can imagine to have fear manipulation would be Gildarts due to him actually shutting down Natsu completely back then. I can't say anyone else should have it here.

Supporting most of the upgrades/additions though

This is simply the ability to make the target feel frightened in some form or another.

Another excerpt from the Fear manip page that states fear manip doesn't have to come from a specific ability.

It doesn't state anywhere that "being stronger" should be a reason for a charater to not posses fear manip. it would just make it limited because you have to be stronger than your oppenent.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Disagree with Fear Manipulation and Natsu's Durability Negation (Souls in Fairy Tail appear to have the same AP and Durability as their Physical Bodies)
durability negation because he can hit souls as well along side opponent physcial body(when he hit happy wraith get sffect as well) not just because he can hit soul

Hi, big fan of BC here, remove that.

Jokes aside... Finral is shown to be frequently a cowardly character (Who gets better) so him being afraid of someone doesn't mean that someone should get a fear based ability. Unless there are other backings I'm going to have to check. There's not a lot of fear feats there.

Fear Manipulation can definitely be used as intimidation skills, but we're gonna need more backings of it actually preventing others from moving or being so afraid.

Ciruno Fortes said:
Fear Manipulation can definitely be used as intimidation skills, but we're gonna need more backings of it actually preventing others from moving or being so afraid.
There are a few examples such as Gildarts causing Natsu to shake in fear and conceed in their battle and Erza causing the Historia's to disipate in fear with just a glare.

Was talking about that earlier but that might be a feat for Gildarts alone.

The other ability seems to be more of a weakness of the ability itself rather than a feat. Are there other feats? Erza scaring Natsu and Gray and co whenever her name is called out early on the series wouldn't really count though so saying that in advance

Another one I can think of off the top of my head is Zeref causing the remaining Grimoire Heart members to be paralysed with fear by just his presence alone.

Natsu has Soul Manipulation already and by defect it bypasses durability. Adding DN would be redundant.

Fear Manipulation through power difference isn't a feat of Fear hax but AP. It means the character is so strong that everyone and their mothers crap their pants when Next to them.

Another thing to note is that being stronger has also shown not to cause fear manip such as Mercphobia not causing fear dispite the power difference being massivly larger than the one between Hades and Team Natsu.

Show me a scan where someone intimidates a character stronger than them.

Brandish was nowhere near that difference and everyone lost their minds.

Erza dispite being weaker than the historia's at the time was still able to disipate them with a glare alone.

Erza weakened
Erza Fear Manip 1
Erza Fear Manip 2

The Calaca said:
Brandish was nowhere near that difference and everyone lost their minds.
As I mentioned before causing fear and being shocked by someone's power are not the same thing, they can overlap but they need the Fear manip. part to actually cause fear.

Brandish was stated to have a lot of strength and thats it. It's massivly different than the Hades feat where they were actually unable to move in fear.

Wasn't it stated that the Historias are weaker than their current versions? On the other side, if they are as strong as Erza (compromise), three comparable opponents attacking her at the same time would give the same results we saw in the fight. Erza might be Erza, but three opponents of the same level wouldn't be a fair fight at all.

They also retain their memories, and it's only natural to be scared of the one who basically killed you. I don't see any actual fear hax here outside of plot doing what it should do to characters.

Ignoring that at the time Hades summoned his demons they were already drained by the long fight.

Historias are as strong as Neinhart's Magic Power, otherwise there's no way Ikaruga and Azuma who lost to X784 Erza could even hurt X792 Erza

Plus every Historia challenges Spriggan level characters

The Calaca said:
Wasn't it stated that the Historias are weaker than their current versions? On the other side, if they are as strong as Erza (compromise), three comparable opponents attacking her at the same time would give the same results we saw in the fight. Erza might be Erza, but three opponents of the same level wouldn't be a fair fight at all.
They also retain their memories, and it's only natural to be scared of the one who basically killed you. I don't see any actual fear hax here outside of plot doing what it should do to characters.

Ignoring that at the time Hades summoned his demons they were already drained by the long fight.
Erza only ever killed Ikaruga (but that might also not be the case due to the r system exploding), Azuma died because he turned himself into a tree, and Kyoka was killed by Minerva and Face's activation.

Them being exausted doesn't mean anything given they still could dodge attacks from these demons.

When I say killed I meant that Erza was the reason of their deaths. If they weren't defeated, they would be alive. She basically bested them in the past and they're scared of that very same emotion because that's what Erza said.

Delaying the inevitable only. Not like they were able to stand up and defeat the demons just like that.

While that line of thinking may work for someone like Kyoka it just deosn't work for Azuma. He wasm't terriied of Erza and even accpted his death and even kept his promise to Erza to restore the Tenrou Tree.

Again that still doesn't matter given that they were still paralyed with fear(Untill Natsu snapped them out of it). Whether it was due to an ability or Hades being stronger, it still caused Fear inducement. The Fear manipulation page also supports my claims so either the characters that have shown fear inducment get said ability or the Fear manipulation page needs to be changed.

Back