• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Abilities addition thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gray

• 1)Resistance to Fire manipulation 1 2
3 4

Explanation- he can take and freeze Natsu flame with minimum effort, who can melt steel with his body heat alone and enhance Resistance to ice in IDSM Natsu could not able to melt Silver ice, while gray is better than silver in term of using IDSM

• 2) Possible resistance to Death manipulation
PicsArt 06-28-11.13.34

As zeref states anyone who rewrites the book can't survive for long and die eventually, lucy was affected by it and Gray null it

Mercuphobia
Mind manipulation/Memory manipulation via transmutation, Elminia people forget that they were originally human, instead of fish

NATSU

• Limited attack reflection shown Here(1)(2) and Here(1) (2)
GIF-190629 212122
(anime version)

Zeref
Lifeforce manipulation, technically it's fall under life manipulation and zeref already have it, but it's based on him creating the demons, while zeref death wave can drain life force of anything it touch

Laxus
Resistance to power nullification, despite having anti-magic particle, laxus can use his magic, and anti-magic particle can destroy ethernano and cause magic deficiency disease

Jellal
Barrier creation: shown here (note: we are not talking about that barrier durability, this feat can be a outlier, but the ability isn't)

Extrasensory perception for all ft character
Already accepted here (just need to make changes on everyone profile)

Everything here looks fine aside from Natsu's attack reflection. That's something that can be done though sheer AP. Perfect example is Goku he got deined powee null for crushing a energy blast with his hands but that was written off as AP. Also the death Resistance is iffy. At best this seems like a power null but only for Death Manipulation since Devil Slayers are the bane of anything domonic. Also adding life force manipulation for Zeref is redundant. Death manipulation obviously kills thing aka sucking out the life out of something.

• Okay with Merc
  • That's not Attack Reflection for Natsu. Attack Reflection is reflecting an attack or damage right back the opponent that sent it.
  • Okay with Jellal

Fine with everything except Natsu's attack reflection for the above reasons and Gray's resistance to death manipulation.

Against Grays resistance because Zeref never actually stated that it would be death manipulation that'd kill the person. Judging by the instance of Lucy rewriting the book, I think it's more likely than not that it was END's sheer power that kills the person not death hax; and that would line up well with Gray negating it since he already has resistance to demonic curses.

I also doubt about natsu, and gray death mani resistance,but i just feel right to mention

I think that this seems fine, except for attack reflection.

Okay, let's see.

• Gray: Yes, legit. Looks like the resistance has been debunked.
  • Mercuphobia: I guess this is okay. I was thinking that the problem might have started like hundreds of years before so nobody would remember such thing, but I don't think such timeframe has been stated so this is fine.
  • Natsu: Nel. Punching something out of your way isn't AR just because you are strong enough. This isn't a stated ability, nor he is doing this with some technique.
  • Zeref: As some people stated, adding this would only clutter the profile with redundant powers.
  • Laxus: Legit. I agree.
  • Jellal: Jellal used Love Power I agree.

And zeref magic resistance Negation His magic was able to affect irene who become a drago

I'm not forgetting anything. I haven't read the whole arc so I have no idea about the timeframe. That's why I accepted it.

About Acno, it shouldn't. His kick was strong enough to give Cobra internal bleeding, but such thing is possible if you are strong enough. And IIRC, Cobra is like 7-B vs Acno who is Low 6-B. It's not strange that he caused that much damage even playing around.

I'm... not sure about Zeref. It might be the enchantment that is able to affect Irene instead of a whole resistance negation. Because if so, this would plant a massive plothole in the story: If he's able to do such a thing, why didn't he try to take Acnologia's life? He had immortality and plenty of ways to eventually kill him.

I also think that's just a limited form of transmutation. For all we know, Zeref might be using Curses instead of just Magic.

In regards to Zeref, he was able to transform Irene, true but that was in appearance alone he couldn't transform her back to human and she could still ultimately undo the spell when she saw fit. At best it's a slight resistance to magic resistance, at worst we give him nothing, I can't say for sure what it should be though.

@Calaca not much of a plot hole if Acno's resistance is so much better than Irene's, which it was. As a dragon he already had a resistance then adding on top that he's the dragon slayer of magic (and we've seen how stupidly resistant DS are to their respective elements) his resistance to magic was undoubtedly in a tier of its own.

Irene did mention that Zeref was more adept in magic than her and noted that that's how he transformed her.

Right, Irene was able to undo the transformation. So even if Zeref was able to affect her in the surface, she was more than capable to just lolnope the transformation.

>Acno

Not quite. I mean, yeah, his resistance is far above anyone else because his resistance is to magic and not a specific element, but it's not because his resistance is far above everyone else.

X Character has resistance to Soul Absorption while Y has resistance to Soul Absorption, Destruction and Erasure. Both have the same levels of proficiency (for example: 1), but Y's resistance covers more points than X's, so his resistance is better in the versatility rather than the power.

I guess you didn't mean otherwise, I'm just clarifying.

In the series, dragons were shown to have resistance to magic, acnologia was the only one who was stated as immune to it. Also zeref can't kill him anyways since whatever he through will consume by acnologia instantly

I think that the accepted suggestions can probably be added by experienced members, yes.

As a summary

• Gray resistance to fire manipulation is accepted
  • Laxus resistance to power nullification(limited) is accepted
  • Jellal Barrier creation is accepted
  • Mercuphobia Memory manipulation has been accepted
Pending-

• Zeref magic resistance negation

For instance, it seems like it could be legit, but Dragon's resistance comes from their scales, and it could apply to magic that has to touch them. Zeref likely transmuted her body bypassing the resistance with a method that might not be covered by said resistance.

This also add the plothole of having all the tools needed to take down Acnologia and still being somehow unable to do it.

Zeref really didn't have the tools to defeat Acnologia, that dragon is too damn strong, on another note, it seems that the evidence for giving Zeref the ability is pretty weak

Unless someone can give a better reason then I don't think Zeref has Magic Resistance Negation

I don't want to derail this thread into a discussion of whether Zeref have or haven't the tools to deal with Acno, but infinite magic supply, death magic, time magic and magic resistance negation seems good enough to deal with him. He'd eventually win, but I guess he didn't want to destroy the world in the process.

Considering he transmuted the scales as well, he couldn't have bypassed it tbh.

Acnologia has also shown to resist the MR negation of the 7DS and Igneel, and can be assumed to have done the same to basically every dragon in the series.

The Calaca said:
This also add the plothole of having all the tools needed to take down Acnologia and still being somehow unable to do it.
Acnologia is way above irene because unlike irene he didn,'t have any attribute. Also he can just eat zeref any attack through towards him

@1997 Again, I prefer if we don't start a discussion of what'd happen if Zeref doesn't try his plan and instead go after Acno's head. It's not about that at all. It's just a thought I have about Zeref actually negating resistance which might be an inconsistency rather than an ability that it's canon to his moveset.

I say this because Mashima isn't too consistent, and this could be a detail that happened because he was distracted when writing it.

Since it seems like Zeref will not get magic resistance negation, should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back