• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants to Die 2: The M E G A Thread

After a nice, refreshing feast, the group is all well-fed, having eaten their fill.

"It seems you're all plenty satisfied. So, shall we begin this parley?"

Izumi taps Xanna on the shoulder to try and rouse her once the meal was done, allowing her and Zephyr to lead the conversation as before.

"There are guests, you can sleep after, you were doing so good talking earlier, just continue." Izumi pleads through the telepathic connection she'd established earlier

"I want to know what e x a c t l y you are planning."
"And I'll tell you, all in due time. But first, why don't you tell me about yourself? You know my motivation and goals. I want to know what you want, and why you want it."

His words bring up... painful reminders for nil.

"..."

Nil's face shifts. Blankness? Frustration? Anxiety? It's hard to tell.

"... I'm not the one preparing for world conquest. I've mostly just been reacting to threats, I think you need to explain it first."

Zephyr holds up a hand in Xanna's direction. "No. He's right. You all deserve anexplanation."

He leans back in his throne, clearing his throat. "What I plan to do is simple. First, I am going to unite the world under a single banner: Mine. Be it as human or demon, my subjects will come to recognize me as their one true king. Of course, with threats such as the colonel and nameless... dealt with, the risk of what happened to this unfortunate landmass is much lower. However, everybody in this room has the ability to wipe out the rest of this planet's life with ease."

He looks around the room. "if I may wager a guess, with the obvious exception of Amakros, the seven people sitting at this table are the strongest seven people in this universe. Am I correct in assuming the few other summoned in this world don't approach the level of power that you all possess?"

"... Pretty sure we're all supposed to be on the same level. Dunno if they're actually good at using their abilities, but, just power is equal."

"I mean like, relatively, some wrenches are thrown but it's not like I could lock you all in this room, go outside and destroy the entire planet with ease."

"In any case. I will once again return to my original question. What do you want, in the grand scheme of things? And why?"

"... Wait, that was the entire discussion on your method? Just, unite under one banner? That's something that's been tried in history like, every single other time. Just because we happen to be powerful doesn't stop people from resisting, or that power from getting to our heads and, maybe even just offhandedly, exploiting to kill enough people to put them in their place."

Dura just remains with the same expression, not providing a personal answer, not liking this discussion at all... it reminded him of Gunner and Colonel...

"..."

Nil adjusts his position, as it's become obvious he can't evade the question anymore.

"... I mean, I'm pretty sure I have a clear understanding... But I'm just going to end up feeding this guy... and even then, the goal Ichika forced me into is temporary, what about overall ambition beyond that?"

"... Being cool, I guess."

"So you seek the admiration and approval of others. An understandable goal, but not one I expected from you, I'll admit." Zephyr sips from a glass of... who knows, really. Could be wine, could be blood. "And you're alright with the neglect that this world's overseer has demonstrated?"

"Overworld overseer this, overworld overseer that! Can't these guys get something else to talk about? 'Ooooh, I can't pass a single test in peace, so I am going to complain!'" Dura thinks to himself, grunting a bit.

'What is it with people and trying to overthrow the goddess? First it's The Colonel and then it's...this guy." Cain thinks to himself as he listens to Zephyr.

"...This is simply a guess. But I think you have some history with her. The cosmic nature of your body, your intentional evasion of my questions... Why don't you tell all of us? I'm sure your teammates are as curious as I am~" He smirks, leaning forward.

"...Dura, I knew you were trying to dig into my memories, and you probably managed to get past my defenses when I went berserk on Nameless. So, you already know what's to come... what's really confused me is that you haven't said anything about it since we fused."

"...Yeah, I just did not want to bring it up. Bringing them up would... feel a bit awkward y'know? Especially given people could have heard us if I talked to you about them."

"... Well, all she did was bring me back from nonexistence to take this test."

Back