• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Eternity Seventh Cosmos 1-A upgrade

The Far Shore was part of Eternity, even during its last iteration. See how the Challenger says he was exiled to the Far Shore until everything died, which implies that he was exiled there while the Seventh Cosmos existed and only could return to exist after the desctruction of said iteration of the Multiverse by the Beyonders. Having said that, said stracture (The Far Shore) existed in the Seventh Cosmos, as the Super Flow and and the Neutral Zone also did.

What do you think?

This Challenger's history in avengers no surrender is already set in the eighth multiverse, not the seventh.

The far shore is a new and exclusive concept of the eighth multiverse, it was never mentioned for the seventh, so this upgrade makes no sense.

Alonik said:
This Challenger's history in avengers no surrender is already set in the eighth multiverse, not the seventh.
then how do you explain this line

"There I waited. In the dark. In the cold alone and friendless.

I waited for everything to die.

And one day….

Everything did
."

Sir sun man said:
Alonik said:
then how do you explain this line
"There I waited. In the dark. In the cold alone and friendless.

I waited for everything to die.

And one day….

Everything did
."

That means just that he stayed there until everything died, restart and he can find a chance to come back, that's all.

Sir sun man said:
or the fact that al ewing the guy who intreduced this concept said that it always existed
That's a good point, where he said this exists in all the multiverses? If you're talking about a fraction of the response he gave me on twitter "where it's always been." I don't think he's saying that this has been in all the multiverses, but the realm where always been since he conceptualized it. After all I mentioned a "today far shore is a", so it's an objective answer to this temporality I had mentioned in the question.

Alonik said:
That means just that he stayed there until everything died, restart and he can find a chance to come back, that's all.
yeah everything aka the 7th cosmos and the far shore freeing him form it as he was stuck in there due to the very nature of the far shore "where each picosecond last forever and forever. without end" and when the 7th cosmos died he was freed

meaning that the 7th had the far shore in it

Alonik said:
That's a good point, where he said this exists in all the multiverses? If you're talking about a fraction of the response he gave me on twitter "where it's always been." I don't think he's saying that this has been in all the multiverses, but the realm where always been since he conceptualized it. After all I mentioned a "today far shore is a", so it's an objective answer to this temporality I had mentioned in the question.
no im talking about the whole statement

"The Far Shore is still right at the edge of everything, where it's always been. It's part of the Multiverse in the same way the beach is part of the land and not part of the sea"

Well, I was rereading the comic book and you seem right, but not by challenger's quote of everything dying, but rather that he was imprisoned by the Grandmaster in a young universe, because of a game for the title of grandmaster.

My apologizes about the mess, I forgot that little detail, I'm a little sleepy. I'm going to ask imput staff members who take care of the verse here, so they can help with this topic.

You're not understanding my point, Alonik. He said that he was exiled to the Far Shore until the end of reality, until everything died. That implies he was exiled there during the Seventh Cosmos, what means the Far Shore is part of it, and then everything died during Time Runs Out/Secret Wars, which allowed him to return in the Eightth Cosmos. If it wasn't the case, what died then?

Sir sun man said:
oh someone finnaly said somthing about that i was planing to start a crt myself about this

there is also this statement here https://twitter.com/Al_Ewing/status/1204932661296406528

"The Far Shore is still right at the edge of everything, where it's always bee. It's part of the Multiverse in the same way the beach is part of the land and not part of the sea."
Al Ewing is referring to the fact that the Far Shore was never retconned, and that it's still in the same place as it was since it was introduced as a concept, not that it was always the edge of all existence in all Marvel Multiverses/Ultimates.

Kepekley23 said:
Al Ewing is referring to the fact that the Far Shore was never retconned, and that it's still in the same place as it was since it was introduced as a concept, not that it was always the edge of all existence in all Marvel Multiverses/Ultimates.
well ok but what about the challanger story which implies that the far shore was a part of the 7th cosmos?

The intention of this CRT is not upgrade all multiverses, just 7th Cosmos, as the story of the Challenger shows that the Far Shore existed in said Multiverse. Nothing more.
In terms of scaling, I think that only the Chaos King, Infinity, the Beyonders and the original Living Tribunal, and possibly Death and the Never Queen, not sure about these two, should hypothetically scale.

DanielIH15 said:
The intention of this CRT is not upgrade all multiverses, just 7th Cosmos, as the story of the Challenger shows that the Far Shore existed in said Multiverse. Nothing more.
In terms of scaling, I think that only the Chaos King, the Beyonders and the original Living Tribunal, and possibly Death and the Never Queen, not sure about these two, should hypothetically scale.
all multiversial entities kinda scale off of the 7th

The Challenger thing in no way suggests that the Seventh Cosmos encompassed the Far Shore, just that it already existed back then. It could have very well been outside the multiverse at the time. It may have only grown in complexity/range to encompass it after Eternity evolved into the 8th Cosmos.

Kepekley23 said:
The Challenger thing in no way suggests that the Seventh Cosmos encompassed the Far Shore, just that it already existed back then. It could have very well been outside the omniverse at the time, and the omniverse only grew in complexity/range to encompass it after Eternity evolved into the 8th Cosmos.
that is debatable due to a few reasons

1. the challanger was traped in the far shore (mostly due to its nature where even the smallest messurment of time lasts for eternity) and was only able to escape it when the seventh cosmos died impleing that its death effected the far shore in some way shape or from

2. the far shore being incompassed by the 8th cosmos shouldn't change its nature because if it did the 1-A ratting would be wrong as the far shore wouldn't be 1A anymore as its very nature of timelessness and dimensionlessness wouldn't apply anymore(which we know from other scans that this is not the case at all)

this leads to a most likely conclusion that when the 7th eternity died the far shore whent out with it freeing the challanger

1. Or perhaps it was merely the transition between the Seventh to the Eighth Cosmos that freed te Challenger, not the destruction of the 7th Cosmos. We know that the transition between each cosmos is regulated by the Heart of Eternity, which is 1-A, but that doesn't mean the seventh cosmos itself is 1-A/encompasses the Far Shore. We need more evidence than just that.

2. What does that have to do with anything, though?

I ask the same question. But again, what does that have to do with anything in this thread?

1. That is just speculation at best. How is the line that gose "there, I waited. In the Dark, in the cold, alone and freindless.... i waited for everything to die. and one day... everything did. and i began my journey back." there is no implication that the creation of the 8th cosmos was involved in any way and only the fact that everything died did and another thing is how would a trasition between the seventh and the eighth even change the nature of the far shore. Because if it did infact change the very nature of the far shore that would also mean that our whole 1-A scaling system going from eternity to the malecule man is dead wrong and needs to be changed to low 1-A as the far shore wouldn't exibit the 1-A properties it originaly did the same 1-A properties that kept the challanger form escaping the far shore.

2. explained it above

Kepekley23 said:
I ask the same question. But again, what does that have to do with anything in this thread?
That if Eternities heart is 1-A then how does it make sense for any iteration of Eternity to be weaker than it? It makes as much sense as saying my pinkie is stronger than my entire body. Unless there's some metaphysical aspect I'm missing.

This took place after the 8th Mutiverses creation perhaps the challenger was refrencing the events of the ultimates(2016). You know how the first firmament going to eat eternity after eternity was reduced from a mutiverse to a single universe.

I can explain If you like.

That if Eternities heart is 1-A then how does it make sense for any iteration of Eternity to be weaker than it? It makes as much sense as saying my pinkie is stronger than my entire body. Unless there's some metaphysical aspect I'm missing.

The Heart of Eternity is not the literal physical heart of Eternity, though. It's a power-source of sorts that acts independently of Eternity himself.

Kepekley23 said:
The Heart of Eternity is not the literal physical heart of Eternity, though. It's a power-source of sorts that acts independently of Eternity himself.
Ok then.

1. Did Galactus fuse with the HoE before or after Eternity become the 8th Omniverse?

2. Didn't Galactus fuse with said power source? https://imgur.com/a/pCfwAGc

Randomperosn said:
This took place after the 8th Mutiverses creation perhaps the challenger was refrencing the events of the ultimates(2016). You know how the first firmament going to eat eternity after eternity was reduced from a mutiverse to a single universe.(exsplained in the story)
Just in case yall didn't notice.

For gods sakes, omniverse means all of fiction and reality combined. It is how Mark Gruenwald originally defined the term. As such, I would appreciate if you stop using the word to refer to a single multiverse.

Please cease at once with this irrational nitpicking and paranoia over how I use a random word that literally no one in this wiki interprets as negatively as you do. You know what I mean by the term and it is not the "fiction" nonsense. We've long since left the year 2016. Thank you.

I am a picky and perfectionistic person, and the use of the word is factually inaccurate, and sounds very hyperbolic.

Antvasima said:
I am a picky and perfectionistic person, and the use of the word is factually inaccurate, and sounds very hyperbolic.
1. No one particularly cares. You're just being annoying about this for no reason, in multiple threads.

2. It's not, at least not in the context of AI Ewing's cosmology, where it's just a fancy way of saying "all of everything". The guidebook was retconned.

I agree with Kep about the subject of this thread, btw.

Doesn't matter, it's not in any of the profiles, and you are perfectly, completely aware that what I mean by the term isn't this 2016 "all fiction and reality" Handbook nonsense that is long since dead and no one else really remembers. In addition, I tend to use the term solely to break contrast and stop repeatedly using the words "multiverse" or "cosmos" and make my post repetitive as a result, not to push this term into the wiki. So, please, stop word-policing me. Thank you.

Well, I still disagree, as the word itself still holds its original meaning, but obviously cannot force you to use it correctly. It is very annoying to me though.

Randomperosn said:
This took place after the 8th Mutiverses creation perhaps the challenger was refrencing the events of the ultimates(2016). You know how the first firmament going to eat eternity after eternity was reduced from a mutiverse to a single universe.
no it wasn't because that part happens way after this one

Back