• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Eternity Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elizio33

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Hello everyone, for a while, most of the people believed Eternity to be completely inferior to the Infinity Gauntlet but the true is both are or almost equal in all ways...

Lets start!

• The Living Tribunal itself declare that Eternity is equal to the Infinity Gems in all ways.
M7kudnx
  • Adam Warlock BFR's Eternity dosen't really prove his superiority over him since they wasn't fighting.
3007218-warlockinfinitywatch01-21
  • The fight between Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet and Eternity was intense.
gallery

RCO022 1469047965
RCO023 1469047965

• Eternity say to Thanos "Let us see which almighty beings has truly the tighter grip on the fabric of what is" which prove that both, Eternity and IG Thanos were rivals. Yes, Thanos defeated Eternity but he did it not as easily as the other abstract entities. Keep in if both of them were equal in all ways, Thanos has still better fighting skills and willpower than Eternity.
RCO024 1469047965
So, what's the conclusion? If the Infinity Gauntlet is really more powerful than Eternity, the difference between their power is not big since both share a simillar power. Eternity should be upgraded he is equal or rival the Infinity Gauntlet.

Eternity is the most powerful of the Abstracts Thanos fought, not much more, there is still this and this while Eternity landed nothing on any IG user. He's no equal to them.

Alternately we should simply downgrade the Infinity Gems to 2-A, as that is the greatest degree of feat I know of that we can scale from.

@Antvasima I don't know since the gems are apparently higher dimensional. Maybe TLT was wrong (I think not) and the Infinity Gauntlet may be stronger than Eternity but Eternity should still be upgraded since Thanos had more difficulty to defeat him than the others abstracts.

Eternity also declare "If this were not merely a visualization of my totality, the gauntlet effect would have been nonexistent"
DMTZkQv

I think that we do not have any actual feats to base an "At least 2-A" or higher tier on, so if anything, I think that the Infinity Gems should be downgraded to 2-A.

Maybe it is a good idea to downgrade the Infinity Gauntlet to 2-A. The soul gem containing a multiverse stuff was more like a retcon. So, maybe another key for the infinity gauntlet will be necessary?

... What is the thing being revised here? Also, no, I don't think Eternity compares to the Infinity Gauntlet at all. Even in the scans present, any comparability isn't explicitily shown except for the TLT statement, which can be considered as outliers.

What is being suggested is to either upgrade Eternity or downgrade the Infinity Gems (I suggested the latter).

I disagree on the first one for reasons stated above, but am neutral to the latter suggestion, and would prefer for some input by other staff for that suggestion before making my mind

That feeling when you realize you haven't gotten any sleep but you have a bunch to do....

Now a fair disclaimer my knowledge on marvel comics is far from perfect, so I'm likely not the best person to comment on this.

The eternity upgrade is a harsh no from me, he's only comparable to the gauntlet in a single scan. Even if all four showed him being explicitly equal to the gauntlet I'd still view it as a likely outlier.

As for the downgrade? The gems being "Higher dimensional" Really doesn't sell me on the idea they're above 2-a, especially if they're lacking in feats that point towards their at least rating.

So to summarize vehemently against the eternity upgrade for the reasons stated above and at least slightly in favor the infinity gems downgrade.

Yea, as you can see the Infinity Gauntlet arc is full of inconsistencies, and even the power levels of the IG itself are very inconsistent from story to story. But its obvious the IG is superior to all abstracts including Eternity. Obviously the IG removing Eternity is a feat of superiority. But then as you show, TLT claims they are equal in all ways despite this being demonstratbly untrue and the fact Thanos defeats and replaces Eternity. A fight between equals in Marvel wouldnt be this one sided. Eternity never has had a hand up over the IG in any of their encounters other than the statement from the TLT. So safe to say we shouldn't put Eternity on IG's level off of one scan when the feats don't adhere.

Alternatively TLT scan can also be interpreted as him stating Warlock divesting himself of 5/6 gems makes him Infinity's equal, rather saying he's equal to all the gems. Which makes infinitely more sense.

You have a point but eternity claimed the power of the ig is merely a visualization of his totality. "If this were not merely a visualization of my totality, the gauntlet effect would have been nonexistent". Remember also that the gauntlet's power level depend on the will and imagination of the user and we never really saw eternity win a fight he was always threatened by something even by lesser beings like dormammu or nightmare and even five cosmic cubes can affect him. The ig may be superior to eternity yes, but the superioty the ig have over eternity is not that high depending on the user of course.

Anyway, if no one's agreed with all of this, i think it is better to close this thread.

Yeah nah. Eternity isn't comparable to the Infinity Gems in any way shape or form, and is consistently schooled, fooled and tooled by the Infinity Gauntlet wielders. Yeah sure the fight between him and Thanos looked intense, but we were shown it from the Silver Surfer and Adam Warlock's perspective. Thanos literally took Eternity down with a single attack.

The vision of my totality thing was likely Eternity saving face. He'd just been embarrassed in front of the entire Celestial Host, and anyone knows that this man is proud as hell, it's legit his primary flaw.

Eternity can never and will never scale to the Infinity Gems

There is a revision as proposed by Ant in this thread tself to downgrade the gauntlet itself to 2-A, so probably we should get that resolved here as well.

From what I've seen, the Stones High 2-A justification is that they exist in higher realities beyond space and time. I looked through the justifications. I found precisely nothing that backed that up

I mean the whole point was that IG was superior to the Abstracts. I mean the fight with Thanos looked intense but he was downed just as easily. I mean didn't he went to beg with LT for help.

High 2-A is a massively infinite quantity above 2-A. It is a whole dimensional jump, from 4-D to 5-D. You can easily get stomped in that tier by another 2-A.

To make that jump, you really need 5-D feats. The Infinity Gauntlet doesn't show that

Instead of revising Eternity and The Infinity Gauntlet I make a suggestion of creating a profile for the Astral/Dimensional Regulator. I suggest placing them/it at High 2-A based on the story that they appear in stating that their power is a magnitude exceeding the Infinity Gems up to 1-B since thanos in the same story also was able to absorb the Living Tribunal (Adam Warlock version) and prior to absorbing the Living Tribunal he absorbed both the universal representations of Eternity and Infinity and became equal to The Living Tribunal. Thanos's first act when he acquired the Regulator was to absorb and become the Embodiment of Death. It is also shown that the Regulator can absorb any abstract entity allowing the user to become the concept itself. Jim Stalin the creator the The Infinity Gauntlet also created this object of power so I'm guessing it is canonical to the marvel timeline too.

We do not need one. Thanos already has a statistics key for them, and they are either not an actual part of continuity or not a recurring one, so a profile would be redundant.

Gotta agree with ant on that one, we don't create separate profiles for every item/power up that boost characters to higher tiers to avoid pointless profiles. The regulator has rarely appeared and afaik hasn't been wielded by anyone else of particular note, thus there's no point to giving it it's own profile as it only exist in regards to thanos wielding it.

Its far simpler and neater to list thanos boosted capabilities with it, rather then create a separate profile for the rarely seen/used device.

@Crimson

I am uncertain. He was weaker than Infinity + Eternity at least.

I am actually of the opinion that the Magus' Infinity Gauntlet key should be removed. He had an incomplete version for a very short period, only feat he has is superiority to the Ultimate Nullifier and a well-fed Galactus. He never even really showed familiarity with the weapon

Okay. I will do so. Tell me here when you are done.

Thank you for helping out.

Should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back