• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Eternity Above Universe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eternity is only a part of a single universe, precisely the time. To say that it is superior to a single universe is an ontological error. on comicvine they joke about this.

Let's not bring other communities on this.

From what i remember Eternity is the embodiment of the universe itself but you'll have to ask someone with more knowledge of Marvel Comics.

Each Eternity is the embodiment of a universe, which is a Low 2-C feat. He is already rated as this.

There is an Eternity for each universe in the multiverse.

All these Eternities are just aspects of a multiversal Eternity, who himself is an aspect of the Living Tribunal (or was, before Tribunal was killed. I don't know how things are with the new Tribunal).

@Azathoth

That is correct, yes, although we have been rather generous with Multi-Eternity's ranking, given that the 16-D story, and the one wherein Multi-Eternity was later even introduced as a concept, were years apart.

However, we couldn't very well rate a regular 4-D universe as 16-Dimensional, so I had to try to make sense of it as best I could.

Again, Marvel does not make any sense whatsoever, and we end up in a bad position, no matter what we do.

not, by definition Eternity is only time for a universe. He represents a concept of a universe. Nothing else. Infinity as representing only the space of a universe. If anyone destroys that universe is Eternity Infinity die. No sense dimensions. I'm a physicist, it is assumed that the universe has five dimensions, but this does not make him more powerful than other two-dimensional human beings omnipotent!

There is no sense in this.

Marvel Encyclopedia

"Eternity came into existence when the universe was formed (along with Death, Oblivio, and Infinity) ... Eternity is the physical incarnation of time, whereas his sister Infinity represents space."

http://phantombunburyist.freedomforceforever.com/cripp12/E-F/ETERNITYBack.jpg

Even if Eternity only embodies time, manipulating time across the entire universe is 2-C going by our tiering system.

Well, they have consistently been represented as being different aspects of each other, and to together embody the universal spacetime continuum.

I am the wrong person to talk with about this (DontTalk and DarkLK would be much better), but we are following the principle of Brane Cosmology, in which universes are 4-Dimensional, as well as the math from infinity in projective geometry, and the principles of a Hausdorff dimension.

It is very strongly against our rules to attempt to overturn our tiering system and throw the wiki into complete chaos. It is the best alternative that we have available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back