• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Considering how "vs Suicune" came out pretty bunk, I'll do this instead. Speed equalized. Base Lucario. Low end Esdeath. They both realize the other's heartless killing style, and decide to engage in mortal combat. Assume this is the Lucario from the movie. Banned move is banned.

Mega Lucario by this guy
Esdeath-0

Well Esdeath's Time Stop likely won't work here....I dunno enough about Esdeath so I'll wait for more opinions.

Much of Esdeath's arsenal is based on ice attacks so I will vote for Lucario because of his resistance to ice-based attacks, in addition Lucario seems more versatile.

Another Esdeath thread.....(Sighs).....

Anyway, ice resistance alone seals the deal, combine it with his variety and this is yet another match Esdeath can't win.

I'm pretty sure Lucario's typing alone grants him Ice Resistance, so gg, no time stop. Esdeath has the worst kind of time-stop, ever. Some simple cold resistance can render it pretty much useless. Shitty time-stop is shitty.

Lucario's typing also gives him significant resistance to Ice already. A melee battle can be quickly decided with Aura sensing, Force Palm, Metal Claw, Power-up Punch and Counter. If it's a long-range fight, Aura Sphere + Flash Cannon can seal the deal.

But what do you mean by banned moves? Moves that can only be learned by TM/ HM/ Tutoring?

Matches with Esdeath are becoming more and more predictable and easy, given how bad her time-stop is o3o

Lol. Poor Esdeath. Such a powerful force in her verse, yet gets consistently defeated...

Anybody with decent ice resistance or strong fire can defeat her, and since people won't stop putting her against said opponents she has no way to win, yet when you put said opponents against the likes of Akame or Tatsumi the results tend to be much better with more results in Akame's favor.

Ice resistant characters>Esdeath>Akame>=Tatsumi>Ice resistant opponents.

Mostly because her time-stop is ice-based rather than time-based unlike most cases, so you don't even need Time manipulation resistance to bypass time-stop. Maybe future vs threads should limit her time stop so we can have more decent fights

not really. You can clearly see that she's the most commonly used Ice user for vs threads in this wiki, solely because Time Stop. Putting her against foes without cold resistance tends to become stomp in her favor because Time Stop. Take it away and she's your average Ice user who throws ice at the opponent, and won't even be used that much

Looking back at Ice Storm Commander in Chief, does that move really make a difference? It requires prep time and only alters the environment in a way that grants Esdeath the advantage of replenishing her power constantly. If she never fired that move straight at someone for destructive power IN CANON, why would we assume that she would in a hypothetical crossover fight? Does it really need to be banned?

... I was not expecting that reason. But hey, why not allow it? Esdeath is far from invincible within the storm. Maybe that can allow her to last longer against Lucario.

Back