• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kuma scales to at least 1.744 Megatons while Thriller Bark Zoro in base scales to 1.3 Megatons making Goken an at least a 1.341x boost

Is there any other way to get a value for what it's boost should be around or should we use this as a bare minimum multiplier?

making Goken an at least a 1.341x boost
That's not how it works... It finds a weak point or creates the weak point of the thing he cuts which is similar to dura neg. Zoro needs to know what he is cutting and using his will to cut... He tried cutting Kuma as if it was normal iron/steel but instead was something stronger

That's not how it works... It finds a weak point or creates the weak point of the thing he cuts which is similar to dura neg
But what is the limit to how it works, can Zoro find the weak point of Goku and cut him???

I'm just trying to find a limit based on what the profile states which is that the technique is damage boost therefore we need to find out how high it boosts so we don't run into nlf

But what is the limit to how it works, can Zoro find the weak point of Goku and cut him???

I'm just trying to find a limit based on what the profile states which is that the technique is damage boost therefore we need to find out how high it boosts so we don't run into nlf
Well 🤔... Ah it has always cut the thing Zoro wants to cut... Other times he fail is when something was harder than steel or doesn't know what he's cutting
18.png

Last edited:
Kuma scales to at least 1.744 Megatons while Thriller Bark Zoro in base scales to 1.3 Megatons making Goken an at least a 1.341x boost

Is there any other way to get a value for what it's boost should be around or should we use this as a bare minimum multiplier?
Wtf... This comment appeared on a different thread for me

Well 🤔... Ah it has always cut the thing Zoro wants to cut... Other times he fail is when something was harder than steel or doesn't know what he's cutting
I get that your using the explanation given from what we know in One Piece but how do we even translate that to verse matches? I don't like the boost that I worked out because I think it's too small but if it's the only thing we have to work with then so be it.

Wtf... This comment appeared on a different thread for me
Bruh

I get that your using the explanation given from what we know in One Piece but how do we even translate that to verse matches? I don't like the boost that I worked out because I think it's too small but if it's the only thing we have to work with then so be it.
Just saying... it one shots people with higher dura than his ap 🤔... Tho that's kinda NLF but Zoro himself says he can cut everything 🌚
16.png
17.png

Not exactly, Kuma's Urusus doesn't scale to his physicals (also I'm pretty sure that calc specifically is invalid)

It would just be considered a higher boost from base, there's no actual way of getting a proper multiplier for it at this moment.

The underground Seatunnel is a bit of a flawed example, as Zoro was incapable of cutting through it due to the sheer thickness of the steel, he could definitely cut it the issue was cutting through all of it.

Kuma's is weird, I suppose he couldn't hear Kuma's Breath which makes sense with him being a robot, but Goken has worked on inanimate objects before.

Honestly not even sure why the discussion matters or not, Escanor isn't made out of some blade resistant material. He's composed of flesh, just durable flesh. He's still susceptible to slashes by those who have comparable AP, Zoro can cut through material that's inherently more resistant to slashing attacks with Goken. Goken used on flesh would be incredibly lethal, leaving incredibly deep wounds as a result. Goken has the potential to one shot depending on where Zoro decides to aim, such as major arteries which he's been shown to target before.

Escanor doesn't have the luxury of being resistant to slashing based attacks as Daz Bone's did and look where that got him after Zoro utilized Goken. A few Goken's would cause incredible blood loss, and possibly sever limbs. Also keep in mind, a major point in Goken is determining the opponent's weak spots and the optimal direction at which to cut them. So it's very possible that Zoro would aim for Escanor's neck from the start.

The underground Seatunnel is a bit of a flawed example, as Zoro was incapable of cutting through it due to the sheer thickness of the steel, he could definitely cut it the issue was cutting through all of it.

Kuma's is weird, I suppose he couldn't hear Kuma's Breath which makes sense with him being a robot, but Goken has worked on inanimate objects before.

Honestly not even sure why the discussion matters or not, Escanor isn't made out of some blade resistant material. He's composed of flesh, just durable flesh. He's still susceptible to slashes by those who have comparable AP, Zoro can cut through material that's inherently more resistant to slashing attacks with Goken. Goken used on flesh would be incredibly lethal, leaving incredibly deep wounds as a result. Goken has the potential to one shot depending on where Zoro decides to aim, such as major arteries which he's been shown to target before.

Escanor doesn't have the luxury of being resistant to slashing based attacks as Daz Bone's did and look where that got him after Zoro utilized Goken. A few Goken's would cause incredible blood loss, and possibly sever limbs. Also keep in mind, a major point in Goken is determining the opponent's weak spots and the optimal direction at which to cut them. So it's very possible that Zoro would aim for Escanor's neck from the start.
I'm aware, I was just arguing for the sake of future matches to avoid coming in with the mindset that Zoro can damage boost up to low 6-B and looking for a limit to avoid NFL.

If you can't cut through all of it then that's the limitation of Goken as Zoro possesses the range to easily pass through the distance of the seatunnel's wall but not the full durability of it with Goken.

Being a robot wouldn't change anything, he can sense the breathe of soil, tree's and rocks being a robot wouldn't change that at all (but you already said that). Due to the durability of Kuma Goken only amounted to a dent.
I'm aware, I was just arguing for the sake of future matches to avoid coming in with the mindset that Zoro can damage boost up to low 6-B and looking for a limit to avoid NFL.
Tbf no one should be arguing this ability can cut those with low 6-B durability.

Yeah the 6-B stuff is flawed, Mihawk only failed to cut Daz Bones because he wasn't meaning on cutting through steel.

Not too different than Mihawk not cutting Jozu, the attack was meant to cut through flesh and Ice, if the intent was to cut diamond he would have done so, as Alabasta Zoro implies he's capable of cutting diamonds at the end of his fight with Mr 1.

If you can't cut through all of it then that's the limitation of Goken as Zoro possesses the range to easily pass through the distance of the seatunnel's wall but not the full durability of it with Goken.
Does Zoro actually have that type of range? An underground tunnel would be incredibly thick and I don't quite remember Zoro having impressive range to get through something like that. Seatunnels have have depths of 340 m, the number varies depending on the structure but you see the point there.
Being a robot wouldn't change anything, he can sense the breathe of soil, tree's and rocks being a robot wouldn't change that at all (but you already said that). Due to the durability of Kuma Goken only amounted to a dent.
Anti feat for Zoro's skill since he could have just cut the ******* muscle part on Kuma's shoulder instead.
Tbf no one should be arguing this ability can cut those with low 6-B durability.
Yeah that's stupid.

Does Zoro actually have that type of range? An underground tunnel would be incredibly thick and I don't quite remember Zoro having impressive range to get through something like that. Seatunnels have have depths of 340 m, the number varies depending on the structure but you see the point there.
We see an illustration of how thick the tunnel is (Here, here and here) and it's shown less thick than the actual wall of the towers themselves, this leads me to believe it's more due to the quality (durability) of the steel walls as Kaku and Zoro previously had no issue cutting the tower walls in their battle. Plus we even see that Zoro's cut just stops short in the panel.
Anti feat for Zoro's skill since he could have just cut the ******* muscle part on Kuma's shoulder instead.
The Dent seems to imply he hit the shoulder.

Should probably bring this up but not seeing how the current discussion is relevant to the versus match
Not sure who started it but I only pushed on this discussion so that I know how to treat Goken in future matches. We are technically derailing the thread. I will go make a questions and answers post so we can continue it there if anyone wants to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back