• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Equal Stats Tournament V2: Sanemi (Demon Slayer) vs Vira Lillie Granblue Fantasy (Quarter Finals)

I have contaced Lemon and other DS supporters you're gonna have to wait till then you can analayze both profile and mention potential wincons here.

Im not very familiar with demon slayer since the only knowledge i have with is from profile + kocho, tomioka and rengoku being collab characters.

And i think Rengoku had interaction with a Primal Beast of battle which should be superior in skill with Luminiera and him calling their skills remarkable and wanted to spar with them.

As for verse equalization. Since they become characters the powers of their special ability like ninth form rengoku is considered as mystery or Ougi So Sanemi using his strongest move would be considered as such similarly to viras affection abyss in terms of damage output
can sanemi resist empathic manip?

As for verse equalization. Since they become characters the powers of their special ability like ninth form rengoku is considered as mystery or Ougi So Sanemi using his strongest move would be considered as such similarly to viras affection abyss in terms of damage output
can sanemi resist empathic manip?
I understood 2 limes of this

Does Granblue function on some universal energy system, because Demon Slayer probably doesn't equalize in that regard, given Breathing Forms don't function on anything like that. Also the appearances of KnY characters crossover into Granblue probably isn't relevant to this debate given our crossover rules would treat those characters as their own separate characters without proof of their crossover into another verse being canon.

Battle Spirit may help him ovecome empatyc manipulation but how will Vira pass his Passive fear manipulation?
(Overwhelming Aura that causes the opponent fear and paralysis with them feeling the air getting heavier, and can even cause internal bleeding and external lacerations)
her resistance to mind manip and empathic includes fear manip as it is classified as debuff in the game and is often used and blocked further by her Veil. same goes with paralysis since it is under status effect inducement. as for internal bleeding, it is also classified as one but if you guys want to argue it isn't then she can simply heal back her internal bleeding with life-stealing skills like affection oath
Does Granblue function on some universal energy system, because Demon Slayer probably doesn't equalize in that regard, given Breathing Forms don't function on anything like that. Also the appearances of KnY characters crossover into Granblue probably isn't relevant to this debate given our crossover rules would treat those characters as their own separate characters without proof of their crossover into another verse being canon.
aight fair. but in regards to skill and battle skill can they be used? because I'm very doubtful that hashira's(Sanemi) intelligence and battle skill are only above average seeing how their skill is highly regarded by both Captain and Primal Beast of battle. it is even written in Tanjiro he is a Genius. while sanemi is only above average

Then as it is Vira's affection abyss 500% and 250% separate damage boost that she can use after a short while. would be her winning move as always paired with her own stat reductions

intelligence and battle skill are only above average seeing how their skill is highly regarded by both Captain and Primal Beast of battle. it is even written in Tanjiro he is a Genius. while sanemi is only above average
This is wrong them, all of the hashiras (that were a live) fought muzan like tanjiro and sanemi even fought and defeated demons before having any demon slayer traning or equipament

her resistance to mind manip and empathic includes fear manip as it is classified as debuff in the game and is often used and blocked further by her Veil. same goes with paralysis since it is under status effect inducement. as for internal bleeding, it is also classified as one but if you guys want to argue it isn't then she can simply heal back her internal bleeding with life-stealing skills like affection oath
Fair
Then as it is Vira's affection abyss 500% and 250% separate damage boost that she can use after a short while. would be her winning move as always paired with her own stat reductions
What?

This is wrong them, all of the hashiras (that were a live) fought muzan like tanjiro and sanemi even fought and defeated demons before having any demon slayer traning or equipament
that's what I thought so too. and I feel like Tomioka and Sanemi Intelligence section wasn't expanded on and was lazily classified as above average but it should be Gifted or something higher
Vira can release her Mystery/Ougi after some time which is called Affection Abyss which deals 500% dark elemental damage and 250% light elemental damage based on her current base potency which is mostly her finisher. she doesn't use it at start so what does Sanemi leads up with?
it has two variations
One is ranged execution while the other is the melee

I wouldn't mind helping out with revisions related to the intelligence of the Pillars and expanding on their justifications.

I wouldn't mind helping out with revisions related to the intelligence of the Pillars and expanding on their justifications.
This would be great
Vira can release her Mystery/Ougi after some time which is called Affection Abyss which deals 500% dark elemental damage and 250% light elemental damage based on her current base potency which is mostly her finisher. she doesn't use it at start so what does Sanemi leads up with?
it has two variations
One is ranged execution while the other is the mele
Sanemi is a sword fighter, he bassicaly starts using a bunch of breath tecnics in a rush down of atacks

Vira's skilled with both Swords and Axe/Halberd. and has memories and battle knowledge from all the past hosts who are always the Top performing military fighter and Some Astral Knights who fought the war. so I believe she won't have issues dealing with barrage.
What are some notable breathing techniques and breathing forms Sanemi could use?

• Wind Breathing:One of the five Breathing Styles derived directly from the Breath of the Sun, it allows Sanemi to become much stronger and faster in order to combat demons.
    • First Style: Dust Whirlwind Cutter: Sanemi dashes forward in a cyclone of slashes.
    • Second Style: Claws-Purifying Wind: Sanemi lifts the sword upwards towards the right, above his head and does a vertical slash down creating four blades of wind that slashes down on the enemy like claws.
    • Third Style: Clean Storm Wind Tree: Sanemi uses his arm to slash around his body to create a whirlwind around him that slices up everything in its path.
    • Fourth Style: Rising Dust Storm: Sanemi swings his blade downwards from several directions.
    • Fifth Style: Winter Gale: Sanemi strikes from above while falling in a multitude of arced slashes.
    • Sixth Style: Black Wind Mountain Mist: The swordsman strikes from the side, while rotating the body in a position to deliver a uppercut movement, creating a slashing tornado.
    • Seventh Style: Gale – Sudden Gusts: Sanemi leaps into the air while swinging his blade which generates gale-force winds to shred his opponent apart.
    • Eighth Style: Primary Gale Slash: Sanemi dashes past his opponent, enveloping them in a tornado of wind that slices at them from multiple directions.
    • Ninth Form: Idaten Typhoon: Sanemi backflips into the air and while upside-down, unleashes a powerful gust of circular wind that slashes apart anything below.

If she has enough skill to keep up with him.

And also has stat debuffs to make him weaker while buffs to make her magic attacks stronger then i have to say she wins this

Sanemi has Accelerated Development that allows him to become better and better in the middle of combat and Reactive Power Level that allows him to increase his speed and reflexes while fighting, so that can be an issue for Vira in situations where she'll rely on skill and speed. If we presume Sanemi to start out in his base, then he will also be able to boost himself with the Demon Slayer Mark.

Vira can also speed amp for a short burst
her statistic amps goes instantaneously with the statistic reduction against her enemy

Could someone provide a concise summary of their respective win conditions/leads?

I was requested to comment here, so I'll repeat what I said there:
I've watched Demon Slayer, but only very casually. I don't know the whole show well.
I don't think I'd be able to analyze the Skill levels of the characters very well. Power levels, maybe. But I'm too tired for either of those right now.
& I'd fare even worse with Granblue, as I'm pretty sure I pretty much don't know that 'verse at all.
Sorry. : (

From what little I've read, it sounds like Skill would be a big factor. But with how sleepy I am AtM, I'm not really suited to go trying to parse two characters that I have, at best, limited knowledge of.
Like, to give some perspective, if you asked me who Sanemi was, I would guess they're a girl.

Could someone provide a concise summary of their respective win conditions/leads?
Vira via using her Arsenal
initiating with Layer Rise stats amp and stat reduc and Evening existence, veil that blocks majority of harmful afflictions present in the game
Then summoning Bits to fire light-based attack then after a short while once she accumulated enough energy from the fight she will lead with Affection Abyss which is her ultimate move and mystery that has massive damage boost (500% dark and 250% light damage) in comparison to her normal attacks
lastly Vira with at least a thousand years experience from the memories and skill of past host
if he survives she also has a follow up like Lifestealing attacks and further amping from berserk status and ability delay skill

I think Sanemi's wincon is his Accelerated development which allows him to adapt to Vira's skill level after a decent amount of time in combat and increases his speed overtime with RPL.
His multitude of wind style will also work since Vira is only resistant to light and dark attacks and unlike Vira her speed amps only increases overtime rather than short burst which gives him chance to perform barrages while Vira's short speed burst is on cooldown. Instinctive reaction would also help while vira is under a speed boost and Demon Slayer Mark for more stat amps to equalize if not counter her Stat reduc

Back