• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Energy yield for Emitting Light on the level of a supernova

Long story short in a verse I like a weapon is stated to be able to generate light rivaling a supernova
How would I go about calculating that

5.00000000000000036e+36 joules (This is the low end) eh i might have used the wrong numbers though. might have to use the total radiated energy instead of the ergs per second. which using those numbers would give a higher result.

Find the luminosity in ergs then covert to joules. i used google to convert it.

5.00000000000000036e+36 joules (This is the low end) eh i might have used the wrong numbers though. might have to use the total radiated energy instead of the ergs per second. which using those numbers would give a higher result.

Find the luminosity in ergs then covert to joules. i used google to convert it.
Interesting I got 3.9e35 joules/second

Although I used a different site for the source for ergs a second so that’s why

If its around Solar level it'd be consinstent with basically one shotting sirin, and sirin was able to be taken down by the welt supernova explosion so 🤷
Well it varies alot
Massive supernovas which achieve 100 billion kelvin its around 2.268e36 joules 5-A

More standard/smaller supernovas which output 1-3 billion kelvin get 2-5 exaton of tnt range (Aka High 6-A) and much higher into it

Back