• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Energy Needed To Knock A Huge Statue By Shooting It

Matthew_Schroeder

VS Battles
Retired

Feat happens at around 13:39 seconds. See here for a direct link.

Context: Within the Analog Horror series The Monument Mythos, the Statue of Freedom that stands on top of the US Capitol Dome is actually alive and a serious killing machine that runs away hacking people with her giant sword. Me and a few other people are currently making profiles for the series and we came across this feat. Basically, during a riot on the Capitol, a group of extremists actually shoot the statue down. We can see in the video that we hear and see a few shots, and then the statue comes falling down. Of course it survives and then starts murdering the rioters like crazy.

I'm just wondering... What kind of weapon packs the power hit a 6,800 kg giant statue so hard it knocks it over. Like I'm actually serious, think about it. What kind of force is needed to do that. Regular firearms obviously don't pack the necessary punch. A Rocket Launcher? I honestly don't know.

Is this calculable in any way? I appreciate help.

Are you trying to know the durability of the statue by calculating the bullets that hit it? Because I think you could get a better result by looking for how hard it fell instead.

If you are only looking for the KE of the shots, then I think you could do the force (Newton = kilogram x meter/s^2 ) and then the work calculation (Joules/meter = Newtons x meters) then divide it by 3

Kinda hard to see how fast is moving after being shot tho. What is even the size of it?

Are you trying to know the durability of the statue by calculating the bullets that hit it? Because I think you could get a better result by looking for how hard it fell instead.
It can scale to an 8-B character tbh I'm more just curious what kind of force is needed to even knock down the statue like that.

Back