• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

End of the Ephemeral Moment: New Profiles and Physiology Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Introduction​

Note 0: I would like to thank Tony_di_bugalu for creating this CRT and allowing me to use write it up, this is possible only due to Tony_di_bugalu's hard work and nothing else.

Note 1: As always, many of the scans that I am using have been given to me by Qliphoth Bacikal (Who also helped with the translations used and was the original creator of the profiles sandbox). Any other scans were ones I got myself. Once again, thank you dude so much, I know I worked you like a slave, and I am sorry for that - you're the best - thanks again.

Note 2: This thread is different from most CRTs in that it sort of doesn't take "no" for an answer, lmao. There will not be a "votes" section, but a "complaints" sections. The profiles will be changed out with these new ones, the physiology pages will be made and implemented accordingly. There is no changing that, but how much of what is presented remains the same is what needs to be determined and reviewed.

Mainly two things. . .

First, are all the abilities indexed, tiering justification, and scaling accurately conveyed? And if not, which ones are wrong and why are they wrong?

Secondly, are there any spelling, spacing, coding, and/or grammatical mistakes in these new profiles? I've been over these profiles for months, constantly adding stuff to them, arguing scaling and tiering, and spent hours looking at the code. But I am one man, I am likely to make a mistake, if you see one, point it out, and I will fix it!

Back-to-Back-to-Back Dies Irae CRTs, I truly am the gift that keeps on giving. Wouldn't you agree?

I want to start off this thread with an apology for the lack of proper direction with this CRT and how chaotic it is, this CRT has a massive amount of content that needs to be reviewed and I am genuinely sorry for that, but that is just how it is.

Content​

Before I start, I just want to thank Qliphoth Bacikal again for all his hard work.

Here is Qliphoth Bacikal's sandbox of the character profiles.

Here is Warren_Valion's Apostle and Shinza God Physiology blogs.

Complaints​

All complaints will be placed here, they will be written down, possibly debated, and then determined to be accepted or rejected. After everything is discussed, the content will be properly implemented.

Tiering/Scaling/Power Indexing/Etc

• Complaint 1:

Grammer/Coding/Spelling/Spacing/Etc

Massive thanks to anyone who decides to help with this, its a massive workload, and the final Shinza CRT that I have planned to do, I am free after this.

Thanks, everyone, again!

Last edited by a moderator:
As one of, if not the biggest, worker on this content, I want to say it feels good to see it all out there, and obviously this has my seal of approval.

I am too blind and biased to notice any more mistakes with editing and I feel I have debated and discussed everything on the profiles ad nauseam with some of the other Masada guys, so I have nothing to add.

Really great work everyone, and thanks to anyone who views this content.

Last edited:
Congratulations, in terms of the content itself, I do not have anything to add. Visually characters look good as well.

Since I didn't participate when it comes to the content, the best I can offer is some help in terms of the grammar, spelling etc. I have tried to do some checking/proofreading. Since English is my 2nd language, I might have made some mistakes. In those cases, please ignore it:

In God's physiology page (some of these happen multiple times):
  1. "extending to all of creation" I think you ether need to remove "of" or add "the" so it would be "all of the creation".
  2. "Transcendance" should be changed to "Transcendence".
  3. "Gudō and Hadō Gods Uses" this one is not a mistake, but "uses" don't fit well in my opinion. Maybe "abilities" would be better.
  4. In the Nigh-Omniscience section "and as auser of Taikyoku knows" should be "and as a user of Taikyoku knows"
  5. Omniscience section, "they knows everything" change to "they know everything" AND "When apart of Marie's Law" change of to from.
In Apostle's page:
  1. It might be my mistake, but in the reality warping section, shouldn't "pre-existing world" be spelled as "preexisting"?
  2. In the resistance to spiritual and other stuff, the phrase "mummifying everything dry - even" at least visually appears to have double spacing before "everything" and after "dry" AND in possible lightning resistance "lightning of Tubal Cain"

Character pages:
  1. Ren's Hado section - "all of creation freezes in its wake" same as before, ether need to remove "of" or add "the" and change to "freeze". "All of creation" is a pretty common mistake in all sections.
  2. Ren's Kei's Route section - " : " after exceptions looks weird, " ; " might be better.
  3. Ren's All Routes - "Possesses all the abilities" I would add "of".
  4. Ren's intelligence - "However, he is also at times reckless and not quite tactically and strategic in combat," looks weird, maybe "tactical".
  5. I am pretty sure that it is "vice" and not "vise" in "vice versa". This is repeated multiple times throughout the profiles.
  6. In Shirou's Standard Tactics, "Often he tries", after often needs " ,".
  7. In Cain's summary "(i.e Reinhard)," after e need "."
  8. In Schreiber's Tactics - "Wolfgang is perhaps the mot experienced", it is "most".
  9. In Methuselah's powers - Shapeshifting (Due to being the originator of all that lies under the dark, he can take the form of anything related to darkness such as a nachzehrer, vampire, ghouls, etc), "." is needed after etc

This is it for now.

Congratulations, in terms of the content itself, I do not have anything to add. Visually characters look good as well.

Since I didn't participate when it comes to the content, the best I can offer is some help in terms of the grammar, spelling etc. I have tried to do some checking/proofreading. Since English is my 2nd language, I might have made some mistakes. In those cases, please ignore it:

In God's physiology page (some of these happen multiple times):
  1. "extending to all of creation" I think you ether need to remove "of" or add "the" so it would be "all of the creation".
  2. "Transcendance" should be changed to "Transcendence".
  3. "Gudō and Hadō Gods Uses" this one is not a mistake, but "uses" don't fit well in my opinion. Maybe "abilities" would be better.
  4. In the Nigh-Omniscience section "and as auser of Taikyoku knows" should be "and as a user of Taikyoku knows"
  5. Omniscience section, "they knows everything" change to "they know everything" AND "When apart of Marie's Law" change of to from.
In Apostle's page:
  1. It might be my mistake, but in the reality warping section, shouldn't "pre-existing world" be spelled as "preexisting"?
  2. In the resistance to spiritual and other stuff, the phrase "mummifying everything dry - even" at least visually appears to have double spacing before "everything" and after "dry" AND in possible lightning resistance "lightning of Tubal Cain"

Character pages:
  1. Ren's Hado section - "all of creation freezes in its wake" same as before, ether need to remove "of" or add "the" and change to "freeze". "All of creation" is a pretty common mistake in all sections.
  2. Ren's Kei's Route section - " : " after exceptions looks weird, " ; " might be better.
  3. Ren's All Routes - "Possesses all the abilities" I would add "of".
  4. Ren's intelligence - "However, he is also at times reckless and not quite tactically and strategic in combat," looks weird, maybe "tactical".
  5. I am pretty sure that it is "vice" and not "vise" in "vice versa". This is repeated multiple times throughout the profiles.
  6. In Shirou's Standard Tactics, "Often he tries", after often needs " ,".
  7. In Cain's summary "(i.e Reinhard)," after e need "."
  8. In Schreiber's Tactics - "Wolfgang is perhaps the mot experienced", it is "most".
  9. In Methuselah's powers - Shapeshifting (Due to being the originator of all that lies under the dark, he can take the form of anything related to darkness such as a nachzehrer, vampire, ghouls, etc), "." is needed after etc

This is it for now.
Thanks for this.

Some notes:

1. No, it's "all of creation", not "all of the creation". Adding a definite article is very awkward in such a sentence, in English.

2. I used "Uses" because that is what other physiology pages used, so I did so as well.

3. Pre-existing or preexisting both work fine, it doesn't matter, it's just a different style of writing.

4. Where are you referring to in Ren's Kei Route where you said, ": after expectations looks weird, ; might be better" - I can't find it.

The rest of your complaints are valid.

Thanks for this.

Some notes:

1. No, it's "all of creation", not "all of the creation". Adding a definite article is very awkward in such a sentence, in English.

2. I used "Uses" because that is what other physiology pages used, so I did so as well.

3. Pre-existing or preexisting both work fine, it doesn't matter, it's just a different style of writing.

4. Where are you referring to in Ren's Kei Route where you said, ": after expectations looks weird, ; might be better" - I can't find it.

The rest of your complaints are valid.
No problem, glad I could help a bit.
  1. I merely posted what I thought grammatically to be correct. All my English teachers used to complain about me not using a/an/the, so it kinda stuck. That is also why I suggested "all creation" as an alternative.
  2. I see your reasoning. The thing about "uses" is that it sounds awkward for me. Maybe it is just an aftereffect of reading to many novels. When I think about it, I would replace "uses" with "powers and abilities". This way it would also match profile sections.
  3. My mistake then.
  4. I was talking about Ren's Powers and Abilities Section, Kei's Route, where directly after exceptions (powers that are related to Marie, that he no longer has), ":" is used. It might be grammatically correct, because ":" is indeed used before listing things, but when you have a long list of exceptions, it felt a bit weird. Maybe it is just personal preferences, but I would have made a stop right after listing exception and then used something like "In addition he gains..."

No problem, glad I could help a bit.
  1. I merely posted what I thought grammatically to be correct. All my English teachers used to complain about me not using a/an/the, so it kinda stuck. That is also why I suggested "all creation" as an alternative.
  2. I see your reasoning. The thing about "uses" is that it sounds awkward for me. Maybe it is just an aftereffect of reading to many novels. When I think about it, I would replace "uses" with "powers and abilities". This way it would also match profile sections.
  3. My mistake then.
  4. I was talking about Ren's Powers and Abilities Section, Kei's Route, where directly after exceptions (powers that are related to Marie, that he no longer has), ":" is used. It might be grammatically correct, because ":" is indeed used before listing things, but when you have a long list of exceptions, it felt a bit weird. Maybe it is just personal preferences, but I would have made a stop right after listing exception and then used something like "In addition he gains..."
1. All creation works, but I prefer all of creation. Both are fine in English.
2. I think it's weird to write "Uses" as well, but I rather it be uniformed with other physiology pages.
3. No problem
4. I edited it to be this, I think this works better:

"All previous abilities except Time Slow, and Marie's Durability, Immortality, and Regeneration Negation and Death Manipulation; He gains these abilities: Lightning Manipulation via Beatrice's Ahnenerbe, Death Manipulation and Immortality and Regeneration Negation (Has the ability to deny the "very concept of death" with Eine Faust Scherzo, to kill the living dead permanently, which effected the entirely of Gladsheimr and makes him bereft of all the souls with him)"

That fine with you?

1. All creation works, but I prefer all of creation. Both are fine in English.
2. I think it's weird to write "Uses" as well, but I rather it be uniformed with other physiology pages.
3. No problem
4. I edited it to be this, I think this works better:

"All previous abilities except Time Slow, and Marie's Durability, Immortality, and Regeneration Negation and Death Manipulation; He gains these abilities: Lightning Manipulation via Beatrice's Ahnenerbe, Death Manipulation and Immortality and Regeneration Negation (Has the ability to deny the "very concept of death" with Eine Faust Scherzo, to kill the living dead permanently, which effected the entirely of Gladsheimr and makes him bereft of all the souls with him)"

That fine with you?
So it is a problem of physiology pages in themselves, huh? Honestly, no matter how I look, the combination of phrases "physiology" and "uses" look completely weird, but if that is what is happening in all other pages, I won't argue anymore.
For the 4th change, it looks better in my opinion. Now the exceptions and new powers look more differentiated and don't give weird ideas while reading.

Since all of the points I have been discussed already, I think that is all from me. I might proofread it again IF I have time and will, but I doubt that I will find anything more. One more time congrats on finishing this massive project.

I don't get how your transduality type 4 work , they are simultaneously trasncendance and als not yet ?

I don't get how your transduality type 4 work , they are simultaneously trasncendance and als not yet ?
Type 4 Transduality is someone defined by its contradictive nature, but even then, it was given an only possibly rating due to it touching only a few of the points mentioned within the definition, at least when specified in the narrative.

Does't any state of contracldiction was defined in type 3 only ?

" Such characters typically exist as contradictions within the context of their setting, and abide to dialetheic systems of logic, or are portrayed as existing within a state of single, indivisible wholeness bereft of any separation"

I read the scan and found this nearly at best

"Such characters will usually not obey the laws of normal logic at any level, and will obey completely different systems of logic altogether, up to and including those states which are beyond human comprehension"

The "not obeying normal logic" is was seems very contradictive, and it is the part I felt was touched upon by the scans.

Since it is only part, I only made the rating "possibly Type 4", while also making them definitively Type 3, because that is what it is.

I want a few more admins to over this before acceptance and implementation. 1-3 more probably should be fine.

If anyone has any problems with that, they can contact me directly.

Shouldn't "empowered to the level of a Hado God" be better than "inhabit"? Since being in the same realm as a guy doesn't necessary grant you the same tier and all.

I know nothing about this franchise, but this all seems pretty good to me.

However, shouldn't Die Ewigkeit users and Gods also have Subjective Reality along with their reality-warping and law manipulation since it's them forcing their own will, desires, and beliefs upon the world regardless of it being possible or not?

I don't know if I explained that well.

I don't know anything about this series, and idk what's changing from before compared to now, but i suppose the profiles in the sandbox look ok, the reasoning and scans there is solid.

I know nothing about this franchise, but this all seems pretty good to me.

However, shouldn't Die Ewigkeit users and Gods also have Subjective Reality along with their reality-warping and law manipulation since it's them forcing their own will, desires, and beliefs upon the world regardless of it being possible or not?

I don't know if I explained that well.
I'm going to be honest, I don't really know how Subjective Reality is different from Reality Warping.

I'm also going to be honest, I don't know either, but it's a power, I guess.
After reading the description, it sounds more like it has to do with plot stuff, the difference between fiction and reality.

So I think that generic reality warping is a better description.

But this can be brought up in a separate thread in the near future, if you are really adamant about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back