• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Emily Kaldwin Vs MCU Doctor Strange (Dishonored Vs MCU: 7-0-0)

Arcker123

He/Him
Empress Of The Isles Vs Disabled Doctor
  • Eh, seems fair, and I wanted a dishonored match so…
  • Thematic OvO
  • Second key strange (IF war)
  • Strange has the Timestone
  • No High 6-C magic (Strange is only 9-A+ with 7-B Dura shields)
  • Emily has bonecharms
  • Streets of Dunwall (Should still be fair, chose this because of the scenario)
  • Speed =
  • Start 10 M away
  • SBA otherwise
  • Scenario is that strange has been sent to Dunwall to investigate the Magic there, he ends up coming across Emily, and declares her a threat to eliminate
Emily: Stillwinston, Lacku, Jackpact, Deceived, Sonicflare9, Arcker123, I'm_Blue_daba_dee_daba_dieStrange: Yhwach Solos:
6ae461306ef18478e773e6ef00cc9d6a.jpg
9f4ebb7a48e0aff55871e102c697af13.jpg

Last edited:
What does Emily start out with? Strange in this key usually starts defensively with his Tao Mandalas at the ready

What does Emily start out with? Strange in this key usually starts defensively with his Tao Mandalas at the ready
Honestly she starts with anything that'll help her within that specific situation.

Given she's a game character that doesn't really do any-form of combat within cutscenes we really only have the gameplay to go off of, which means it's completely dependent on the "player's" actions and choices.

Also what're Tao Mandalas and what do they do?

Honestly she starts with anything that'll help her within that specific situation.

Given she's a game character that doesn't really do any-form of combat within cutscenes we really only have the gameplay to go off of, which means it's completely dependent on the "player's" actions and choices.

Also what're Tao Mandalas and what do they do?
Tao Mandalas are magic shields that sorcerers like Strange use in the MCU shown here, that whole video basically shows everything Strange can do in this key minus a few abilities so it's pretty handy if you don't follow the MCU

Tao Mandalas are magic shields that sorcerers like Strange use in the MCU shown here, that whole video basically shows everything Strange can do in this key minus a few abilities so it's pretty handy if you don't follow the MCU
Alright.

How good is Strange's resistance to Mind Manipulation? like what's the layers and numbers for it.

Since one of Emily's main win-cons normally is Mesmerize which summons Void Spirits that directly take over the minds of her opponents.

I believe it's only baseline in terms of layers (Arcker123 can confirm or deny this) and it can mesmerize up to 5 people i believe.

What are the exact chances for it to render others unconscious? since this directly states it can "sometimes" render victims unconscious.
Just like with most probability shit in dishonored, we don’t exactly know…

Emily could reliably use things like Domino to get around the shields.

Alright.

How good is Strange's resistance to Mind Manipulation? like what's the layers and numbers for it.

Since one of Emily's main win-cons normally is Mesmerize which summons Void Spirits that directly take over the minds of her opponents.

I believe it's only baseline in terms of layers (Arcker123 can confirm or deny this) and it can mesmerize up to 5 people i believe.
Strange's resistance to Mind Manipulation should at the most resist Scarlet Witches mind manipulation powers, which she used to enslave an entire town of 3,892 people

Why not Corvo

Anyway Strange would likely not go ham right off the bat since he doesn't know what she can do and due to this being a elimanation missions, he probably won't be BFRing since he, once again, don't know what she can do, so he would likely go for a more offensive then incap style.

Emily is in her turf so that's a stealth advantage, she would likely try to go for the more offensive option first and once she figure out that Strange is a bit tricky to kill directly due to flight, shield, portal to catch her off guard and trying too hard to touch her would make her resolve to stealth, Strange have no feat of enhanced sense and the ESP might not work as this is a completely different world so he's left with time stone but he might not do it at all since seeing how agile she's, she might just kill him while he try to do anything with the time stone.

So the fight should go 2 way: either Strange act out of characters and just BFR her without knowing what she can do (he didn't do it to a ******* monster in MOM so i doubt he would now) or Emily outskill the CQC then nope out then Domino combo or stealth kill Strange or mesmerize success and Strange get put to sleep.

Honestly Strange in this key doesn’t even use the time stone when he fights and mostly relies on his own abilities, I think Strange has some options that aren’t BFR that he can use to restrain Emily like this but he also has gotten caught off guard by stealth before so Emily does have that advantage if she really is that good at stealth, at the same time I wouldn’t imagine the Cloak of Levitation would allow Strange to get stealth killed since it would likely intervene before Emily stabs him which I’m assuming is her go to stealth kill.

Last edited:
Honestly Strange in this key doesn’t even use the mind stone when he fights and mostly relies on his own abilities, I think Strange has some options that aren’t BFR that he can use to restrain Emily like this but he also has gotten caught off guard by stealth before so Emily does have that advantage if she really is that good at stealth, at the same time I wouldn’t imagine the Cloak of Levitation would allow Strange to get stealth killed since it would likely intervene before Emily stabs him which I’m assuming is her go to stealth kill.
Does Strange ever show to do that? Like sure i don't doubt he can but it's an alternate version of him that did, unless it was agreed that he scale to that version. Anyway Emily is pretty stealthy and she could also enter shadow walk which allow her to become even more stealthy. If push come to shove she could burn the cape since she have the mean to do so and likely would too since she might use the heart while she's out of sight to gain some info. All of this is assuming that once she enter the dark she doesn't just make her life easier by just domino combo Strange and also doesn't do that after her failed attempt at assassination, the combo is really quick to do so doing it after knowing that stealth might not be viable is an option.

Does Strange ever show to do that? Like sure i don't doubt he can but it's an alternate version of him that did, unless it was agreed that he scale to that version.
Yeah it was agreed that that version of Strange is virtually the same as normal Strange so he scales to his abilities.
Anyway Emily is pretty stealthy and she could also enter shadow walk which allow her to become even more stealthy. If push come to shove she could burn the cape since she have the mean to do so and likely would too since she might use the heart while she's out of sight to gain some info. All of this is assuming that once she enter the dark she doesn't just make her life easier by just domino combo Strange and also doesn't do that after her failed attempt at assassination, the combo is really quick to do so doing it after knowing that stealth might not be viable is an option.
I feel as if most of Emilys wincons rely on Strange being on the ground which he'd either realise is giving her an advantage or would do anyways since he prefers to fight from a distance with the Cloak of Levitation.

Last edited:
Yeah it was agreed that that version Strange is virtually the same as normal Strange so he scales to his abilities.
These are the same threads that restrained thanos correct? That’s what you’re speaking of?
I feel as if most of Emilys wincons rely on Strange being on the ground which he'd either realise is giving her an advantage or would do anyways since he prefers to fight from a distance with the Cloak of Levitation.
She can ragdoll with Far Reach (Strange is physically only athletic human) or she can still Domino from stealth. That doesn’t rely on him being on the ground.

Flight is a problem for her tho.

These are the same threads that restrained thanos correct? That’s what you’re speaking of?
I was more talking about when he did this but he could do that as well if he wanted to.
She can ragdoll with Far Reach (Strange is physically only athletic human) or she can still Domino from stealth. That doesn’t rely on him being on the ground.
Yeah Emilys aggressive fighting style seems to outmatch Strange's more defensive style. If the fight went on long enough I think he would definitely try to throw her into the Mirror Dimension which I don't think she could do anything about, but that depends if the battle goes on long enough for Strange to feel pressured into using it.

Honestly the first method of incap that Strange would go for is likely the Cloak of Levitation itself lunging at Emily like this

I was more talking about when he did this but he could do that as well if he wanted to.
Only worked on an athletic human…

The Thanos feat did need hundreds of clones so there’s that.
Honestly the first method of incap that Strange would go for is likely the Cloak of Levitation itself lunging at Emily like this
Cant she just far reach away from it (Theres’s a time slow affect strange doesn’t resist, and yes, time slow=/=time stop to my knowledge)
The cloak has Class T LS right? Emily can use Doppelganger to distract it I suppose.
Yeah, if she has a doppelgänger out already, she can switch places with it and escape the cloak without breaking out as well

I guess atm I'll vote Emily via being cartoonishly stealthy unless Strange has good enough ESP to spot her hiding, being able to ragdoll with Far Reach. Juking DS via Domino and using Dopplegangers to distract him/nae nae him. If he does fly she can just snipe him with a tranq dart before he gets too far out. Plus using the heart might tell her that Strange has abilities that might restrain her and considering he looks like a wuju juju magic guy she might not want to fight him straight up from a glance.

I guess atm I'll vote Emily via being cartoonishly stealthy
For stealth feats, I can give:

Emily is capable of going her entire game without being seen or detected by an enemy once

The missions force Emily to on the fly sneak around complex environments she has never seen or experienced before

Emily could sneak around Clockwork soldiers, who are robots with cameras on both sides of their heads.

The clockwork manor itself (which Emily sneaks around) had sound detecting floors and several other methods of detecting invaders

This is just stuff I remember rn

Last edited:
The Thanos feat did need hundreds of clones so there’s that.
Well there was another point earlier in the fight where he restrained him just by himself, he doesn't need hundreds of clones to restrain him he was doing that to overwhelm him, which he could do against Emily. He can also split open the ground and bury Emily underground.
Cant she just far reach away from it (Theres’s a time slow affect strange doesn’t resist, and yes, time slow=/=time stop to my knowledge)
Depends on if she was anticipating it I guess, judging what Emily would do in a fight scenario is kinda hard since she's a player controlled character, she could literally do any of her moves right from the start unlike Strange who is a character who fights a certain way. Also if Strange noticed that Emily was using time slow against him he would likely just stop time altogether with the time stone or start a time loop.
I guess atm I'll vote Emily via being cartoonishly stealthy unless Strange has good enough ESP to spot her hiding, being able to ragdoll with Far Reach. Juking DS via Domino and using Dopplegangers to distract him/nae nae him.
Yeah I've looked at some gameplay and the stealth you can pull off as Emily is borderline insane, Strange has also never used his ESP in combat before so she could definitely get jump on him, the Cloak of Levitation would likely save him from getting stealth killed though and could even incap her if she isn't careful. When it comes to the abilities that are mentioned here that Emily could use to her advantage Strange shares a lot of them, such as duplication and telekinesis. Emily's Far Reach seems to be her biggest advantage in this fight, especially compared to Strange's telekinesis since he's never used it against an opponent before. Apart from that I don't know how Domino works.
If he does fly she can just snipe him with a tranq dart before he gets too far out. Plus using the heart might tell her that Strange has abilities that might restrain her and considering he looks like a wuju juju magic guy she might not want to fight him straight up from a glance.
I can't see Strange getting hit by a tranq dart since he's used his shields to block many different kinds of projectiles in the past. I don't know how 'heart' works either but even if Emily knew about Strange's methods of incap that won't automatically save her. Emily definitely has a lot of advantages in this fight but Strange is no push over either and he has many methods to end the battle just as quickly as Emily can.

My mistake, I’ll retract that then.
he doesn't need hundreds of clones to restrain him he was doing that to overwhelm him, which he could do against Emily.
Emily can just outstealth OvO

Nah but seriously, As shown in the royal conservator, and return to Dunwall missions, Emily can outstealtj Dozens to hundreds of remagical witches, so i reckon she can do that to strange and his duplicates. With bone charms, she can become invisible after killing even one clone as well.
Emily can far reach away, or use clones to teleport out of the rope before being pulled.
Also if Strange noticed that Emily was using time slow against him he would likely just stop time altogether with the time stone
Resisted. Also, I don’t know exactly how he would “figure out” time slow. I don’t remember him doing that before in the MCU.
or start a time loop.
This could work, but how IC is this?
the Cloak of Levitation would likely save him from getting stealth killed though and could even incap her if she isn't careful.
Question? Would the cloak protect strange from mines? Emily has spring razors and stun mines she can use to skill or incap people who get near them that she can set up from stealth.
Apart from that I don't know how Domino works.
It’s a form of fate manip where Emily can “link” a persons fate with another beings fate, so that they both experience the same fate.
I don't know how 'heart' works either but even if Emily knew about Strange's methods of incap that won't automatically save her.
It allows her to hear secrets about strange and the battlefield.
Emily definitely has a lot of advantages in this fight but Strange is no push over either and he has many methods to end the battle just as quickly as Emily can.
Agreed. Love how fair this match turned out to be.

Emily can just outstealth OvO

Nah but seriously, As shown in the royal conservator, and return to Dunwall missions, Emily can outstealtj Dozens to hundreds of remagical witches, so i reckon she can do that to strange and his duplicates. With bone charms, she can become invisible after killing even one clone as well.
Damn apart from Far Reach, Stealth is Emily's other big advantage over Strange.
Emily can far reach away, or use clones to teleport out of the rope before being pulled.
Far Reach continuing to come in clutch.
Resisted. Also, I don’t know exactly how he would “figure out” time slow. I don’t remember him doing that before in the MCU.
Nah he hasn't shown anything like that in the MCU so far I was just thinking maybe since he has the time stone he'd gain some sort of awareness/resistance to it but that's more headcanon and not really a valid argument.
This could work, but how IC is this?
Strange's time loop is basically unbreakable unless Strange stops it himself, so with his Supernatural Willpower he's willing to dies as many times as he needs to either incap or kill Emily.
Question? Would the cloak protect strange from mines? Emily has spring razors and stun mines she can use to skill or incap people who get near them that she can set up from stealth.
I mean even without the Cloak outright protecting him Strange has tanked explosives up close, if they're 9-A mines doe he's a goner since he's a glass cannon.
t’s a form of fate manip where Emily can “link” a persons fate with another beings fate, so that they both experience the same fate.
I wonder if that would work on Strange's duplication clones?
It allows her to hear secrets about strange and the battlefield.
That's another advantage over Strange lol
Agreed. Love how fair this match turned out to be.
Yeah this is a pretty fun matchup, ngl Emily probably has this more times than Strange does, in character she seems to basically be OP stealth Doomguy with TK that can ragdoll you across a room, which as powerful as Strange is he doesn't really have many counters for. If Strange was bloodlusted this would be a very different story since he would use the Mirror Dimension instantly but as it is now I think I'll vote for Emily.

Last edited:
Back