• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ekko vs Homura Akemi

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
Ekko-League-of-Legends-Fan-Art-2605
Homura Akemi

Time traveling teens who will continue to go back in time until their goals are achieved. Base Homura and 7-C Ekko, Speed equalized, in character, no prior knowledge or prep time, start 30 meters apart. Who wins?

Ekko - 0

Homura Akemi - 3

He can use his power to undo damage that would kill him, but he cant undo his own death.

Well jeez, he has a dura advantage and an abilities advantage.

Sadly for him, however, she has a massive range advantage, no countdown problems, and has superior time rewinding abilities (He remains somewhat damaged while she can go back in time for a month.) Furthermore, her barrier was able to tank a single hit from Walpurgis's fire breath, who is 7-B, so it would compensate her dura, at least for a while, and only if she actually is forced to get near him (Homura generally stands a very long distance away from her enemies, using her range for her advantage)

@SD The starting range is 30 meters, and base Homura has these barriers? Theyre only listed for Homilily.

Ye, which is rendered kinda moot when one character can spam time stop and use her flight to increase said range

I thought only Homulily had those barriers, theyre not listed for base Homura.

If Ekko isn't immune to timestops, I see Homura winning this. Instantly stops time at the start of the fight, pulls out a few missiles out of her magic bag, lauches them at him, then walks up and shoots him in the head a few times. GG

Ekko might be more versatile with his time manipulation, but he's no match for the sheer potency of Homura's time stop. Plus she doesn't have cooldowns, and there seems to be no limit for how long she can stop time for

Would she do that in character? And just saying, cooldowns are nonexistant outside the rift, Ekko used his ult multiple times in succession in both his cinematic and his comic. But yeah he's not immune to timestops.

Not the kinda barrier you're thinking of.

Homura (Non-witch) has something more akin to a force field.

SomebodyData said:
Not the kinda barrier you're thinking of.

Homura (Non-witch) has something more akin to a force field.
Thats still not listed on her profile, nor is forcefield creation for her base form.

...oh...huh, so it is. That should probably be included in her stats and her powers and abilities.

Also, is she Town level for being superior to Kyoko? She doesnt have any justification for her AP...

Nah, she is town level for A- Having weapons that completely engulf Walpurgis Nacht (Who is gigantic, covering entire portions of the city, so Town level was a close bet there) and B- Having a Town level calc, though its not there, apparently.

That should probably be added and the calc found, and you forgot her city level barrier in base. Also, you voted for Homura yes?

As an Ekko player myself, this is pretty interesting. However, in lore Ekko is basically pretty weak with the power to not die from time reversal to a few seconds ago right when he sees that fatal damage is going to taken. Homura time stops, kills him, and he is dead. Or she could simply cut off his arm and he cant rewind. Or just shoot him a few time since he can't even fully heal from his rewind. Ekko's biggest power is similar to Homura's rewind, except it is limited to a few seconds back and can't fully heal.

Homura wins unless this is judged as stomp

Why does Ekko have 2-C for time travel to the past in the first place? By that logic even base Homura would be 2-C. His page gives universe wide timeline manipulation for timetravelling a few seconds in the past?

Well I can't answer your questions on the bottom, though you can ask on the questions and answers forum

Actually he can go back several minutes, not just a few seconds...

Its because his time traveling is causing the timeline itself to split, not just sending him back in time.

I'm not sure if thats a 2-C feat, as I had a conversation similar to that about Homura (Tamura) and apparently creating a new timeline via going back isn't even Low 2-C.

Though, that doesn't have much to do with the thread, nor does it have an impact here I believe.

Yeah its not 2-C, its Low 2-C, and its not even combat applicable its just through hax of destroying the previous timeline.

Ya gonna add that City level barrier to her page SD? Actually...would her having a city level berrier make this a stomp since he would have no chance of harming her?

His own force field creation would probably even that out.

I'll add it under Feats.

You know it always makes me wonder.... what does Ekko even use that timeline splitting and combining in combat for? It's not like RnM where he can make someone cease to exist that way I think.

And of course all that timeline spitting and you still can't save that best friend of yours.

I really doubt he should even have low 2-C on his profile, as its not like he can damage someone by splitting the timeline.

Its non-combat applicable hax, just because he cant hurt someone with it doesnt mean he shouldnt have it

It gives a misleading idea of his power. Tier is based on AP, and AP is meant to be destructive capacity, i.e. how much damage you can do to someone else. Splitting and remerging timelines, when it doesn't even do anything to anyone else, is not AP

Furthermore, he can neither destroy nor create new time-space continuums, except in the sense that he can create branching timelines with his choices - which is something that every character in the marvel universe can do, as outlined between Thanos's conversation with TOAA, simply by making a decision. So unless every single person in marvel is suddenly low 2-C because of that (as is every time traveller ever in all fiction ever), Ekko should not be low 2-C either.

@Monarch There are multiple characters who have tiers for abilities that are solely based around hax, again, just because they cannot harm someone with them does not mean they should be ignored

Last time i checked not every Marvel character can literally pull a rip cord and shatter the current timeline in order to travel backwards in time to create a new one based off different branches causality

Can Homura spam her time reversal and time stop? Also can she revert damage to herself? Because I know Ekko sure can't.

Her time reversal does revert damage, but it can only take her back to one month before Madoka becomes a witch/dies. It is technically spammable as she can use it when ever she wants, but it's not exactly something you use in battle.

Her time stop on the other hand is quite capable of being spammed, and has an infinite use time (I think. I don't remember there being a limit shown or stated). However if she touches someone during the time stop, they will be unfrozen. To get around this she tends to set up bombs and shoot frozen bullets at her opponents. If you want to see a good show of her fighting style, look up homura vs mami rebellion, and remember the only reason Mami was able to fight back was because she tethered herself to Homura with a ribbon.

@Monarch I see.

Well if Homura can spam her time shenanigans, she's superior to Ekko. While he can also use it repeatedly in the course of combat, he can't revert damage and the time reversal is limited to a few seconds.

That and the fact that Homura has a good range advantage towards him. My vote goes to Homura.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back