• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Drowning Pool versus Don't Stop Me Now

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Akira Kogure, user of Drowning Pool versus Nicholas White, user of Don't Stop Me Now.

Both are Stands so they don't really need speed equalized or anything more than just the assumption that Drowning Pool is somewhat on similar footing, which is reasonable enough given that it is a Stand, even if it's a slow one. Standard battle assumptions I guess.

Nicholas is more likely to keep his distance against an unknown Stand and shoot either blasts of air or whatever material happens to be around in the general vicinity.

Actually launching her away is something that'd require getting in very close range, given that requires either him or the Stand touching you, which he doesn't tend to do too often unless he's certain he can deal with it.

How would Akira deal with projectile spam + flight?

Drowning Pool's effects will slow down projectiles due to fluid resistance, and outright disable others due to the increases in pressure. With this said, Akira isn't very good against long-range Stands; she's slow and dependent on the Stand's effects to properly avoid and tank attacks. So long as Nicholas stays at a longer range, he'll avoid being caught up and slowed more and more as Akira gets closer, and she'll be forced to mainly clumsily rely on projectiles of her own - mostly relying on explosive decompression to detonate containers and launch things Nicholas' way. Flying above her will catch Nicholas in Drowning Pool's effects if he remains in range.

He'd probably notice the projectiles being slowed and likely keep out of the Stand's range due to figuring that going there is probably not a good idea.

The question is if the slowing down would do enough, given he can launch them at speeds comparable to, well, himself, and he and DSMN are both among the fastest Stands out there.

Funnily enough, Nicholas has in fact dealt with someone who has a field of slowing down in the form of Henry Hill.

So it wouldn't be much of a surprise to see someone like that again, and he did keep out of range of that one rather well, just throwing things including entire buildings at it.

So he likely ends up barraging her with air waves and chunks of ground and buildings for the most part, probably trying to overwhelm the slowdown with numbers.

His maneuverability in the air and speed boosting makes it all the more unlikely that she manages to catch him with projectiles.

If he figured out what her Stand does he could also theoretically try to run her out of air.

Yeah just seems to me like Drowning Pool would gradually sustain more and more damage.

I think he would wear her down, yeah. Until she eventually succumbed to wounds or ran out of air, whichever came first.

On that basis, I think I will vote for Nicholas then.

Seems firmly in his favor, yeah.

Back