• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dream Anime/Manga Fighting Game

CCMac27

He/Him
Hello VS Battles Wiki,
I am working on a detailed concept for an anime fighting game starring countless characters from popular anime and manga. I was hoping to get some help with building the roster. Here is a Google Doc containing the current roster. (Note: Please ignore the "Non-Playable Characters" section, as this is an ongoing work in progress.) I would appreciate your help adding more characters, as I hope to add around 100 (But more is fine if necessary). Here are a few rules:

1. One character per franchise. Only one character can be represented per anime/manga franchise as a playable character. This includes anime/manga in which there are multiple characters who could be considered the main character (For example, even though there are several main characters in the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure series, only Jotaro Kujo will be included).
  2. Only the main character in each franchise. Only the main protagonist of each anime/manga can be included as a playable character, even if cases where a side character is much more popular than the protagonist (For example, Korosensei might be the most popular and recognized character in Assassination Classroom, but since Nagisa Shiota is the main protagonist, he will be the one included).
  3. The characters can be from any magazine. Since this is a dream game, there are no restrictions on copyright. Characters are not limited to those only published in one magazine, unlike games such as Jump Force which only allowed Shonen Jump characters to be included. This means characters like Eren Yeager and Edward Elric can be included alongside Monkey D. Luffy and Naruto Uzumaki. Anime-original characters (Such as Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop) and characters who appear in a manga that does not have an anime adaptation (Such as Agni from Fire Punch) can also be included.
  4. The characters must be fighting-oriented, or able to fight in some way. Since this is a fighting game, the characters must have some way to fight. This means that characters from sports anime (Save for a select few), romance anime, or slice-of-life anime cannot be included.
  5. Powerscaling does not matter. Even though Goku would probably beat Tanjiro Kamado in a fight, they will both be able to fight against each other for the purposes of this game. Like in Super Smash Bros., all characters will essentially be equal in strength.
That's all for the rules. Feel free to suggest characters that you think should be in this game, or any removals/improvements to the current roster. They can be from any era or genre of anime, as long as they fit the criteria in the rules above. I know this is a long post, but thank you in advance for your help!

As one of the most iconic anime/manga characters, I think Arsene Lupin III (with Goemon Ishikawa XIII as an assist character) may obviously be included there.

EDIT: @CCMac27 I'm sorry for "pinging" you, but I forgot Astro Boy. He is pretty much the manga counterpart of Mickey Mouse, after all.

Another suggestion would probably be Cobra from Space Adventure Cobra (original 1982 anime series is underrated) as either a playable or an assist character, depending on what you'll think.

Last edited:
Not sure how a giant robot would work but.

Getter Robo or Gurren Lagan. Maybe both.
I guess I might as well bring up Adam from Records of Ragnarock since he seems to be the fan favorite but other fighters seem fine as well.

Getter Robo or Gurren Lagan. Maybe both.
I guess I might as well bring up Adam from Records of Ragnarock since he seems to be the fan favorite but other fighters seem fine as well.
I thought about mecha characters like Simon and Shinji, but decided there wasn't a reasonable way to egt them to work so I put them in the Non-Playable Characters section, maybe they can show up in stages or as assists or something. For Record of Ragnarok, I decided to add Brunhilde for the "MC First" rule. Thanks for the suggestion!

This seems fun. If there’re too many, feel free to ignore me, that’s a lot of characters.

Cant believe a Yugioh character hasn’t been submitted yet- Bakura. Before anyone goes ‘Yu-Gi-Oh! is a cards game’, oh boy, you have no clue

Back