• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

"SDBH Universe Mission was stated by Heroes producer Higuchi Wataru and Suzuki as being post ToP and being a continuation to the main series DBS. They made that clear in the 5th anniversary guide and Big Bang Mission anniversary guide."

- Some random guy's YouTube comment

Well, yeah, I doubt anybody's going to try to argue that the Universal Conflict arc takes place before the ToP.

(Though I assume he didn't mean the 5th anniversary guide - not only because there isn't one, but because I doubt a book written in 2015 has much to say about the subject)

I mean Jiren at the end of the arc directly makes mention of the ToP and Vegeta knows how to do the fusion dance perfectly which outright shows that it could even be post Broly which is also post ToP

It's post TOP but it doesn't mean it's canon to the main storyline or to the TOP itself, that's just like with the DBS manga, it included DBS Broly but it isn't canon to DBS Broly.

Ah, my apologies then.
But yeah the ToP and post Broly is canon to Heroes but Heroes isn't the official continuation of DBS. With quite a few reasons why it's not but the main one being that it's implied that Super/Capsule Corp Goku and Vegeta experienced some of the DB movies before Battle of Gods which obviously means CC Goku and Vegeta aren't the same as their mainline counterparts

Considerando o que Whis disse, a IU não se tornará inútil por um tempo. Tho, tenho certeza que Goku provavelmente adicionará coisas na IU, apesar do que foi dito sobre isso não ser possível. Afinal, este é o Dragon Ball.
I think these, "levels" of ICU, are nothing more than the dominance that the character has over that fighting style (like the bands in a martial arts school) comparatively Goku would be the white belt and Daishinkan the black belt

I was reading again the Moro arc, and I noticed that Majin Buu/Dai Kaioshin never fought against full power Moro. More correctly, he did, but he was shown and stated (by Moro himself) to be inferior to him.
In fact, Majin Buu overcame the version of Moro who absorbed only part of Goku and Vegeta's energy, becoming younger, but still not totally, thus the Dai Kaio shouldn't be 3-B, as currently listed in his profile.

Even scaling from Goku and Vegeta can't be done, since both stated to be still superior to original power Moro in sheer strength.

Is it correct or I'm missing something? I prefer asking here, before making an inconclusive CRT.

I think Beerus refer to Goku UI in the bottom ladder is about the mastery of the technique, not the power level. Goku is special case because he need a form to using UI technique, so Goku UI form is like a bundle package, it allow for increasing in stats and accessing to UI. But his mastery over the TECHNIQUE is just a basic, just like martial art

UI is pretty much just the Angel's karate honestly. That's probably the cop out they found to make Goku get more skilled despite being perfect in term of martial arts ever since OG DB (Toriyama probably hadn't planned to go on so long when he made Goku a perfect martial artist so 'fast' relatively speaking)

as long as he doesn't get Rakudai """"skill"""" levels of Skill.
Honestly, at a certain level, all 'skill' just end up being a roundabout way to say 'power level'.

Nothing exemplify that more than the Wuxia genre since martial art is basicaly just superpowers once you get skilled enough, kinda like DB honestly.

Rakudai is a particularly egregious exemple of that tho, especialy given how his moves are pretty generic in the end but hey, can't blame the artist too much, that kind of stuff is hard.

I was reading again the Moro arc, and I noticed that Majin Buu/Dai Kaioshin never fought against full power Moro. More correctly, he did, but he was shown and stated (by Moro himself) to be inferior to him.
In fact, Majin Buu overcame the version of Moro who absorbed only part of Goku and Vegeta's energy, becoming younger, but still not totally, thus the Dai Kaio shouldn't be 3-B, as currently listed in his profile.
Even scaling from Goku and Vegeta can't be done, since both stated to be still superior to original power Moro in sheer strength.
Is it correct or I'm missing something? I prefer asking here, before making an inconclusive CRT.
That's actually a valid point.

I think Beerus refer to Goku UI in the bottom ladder is about the mastery of the technique, not the power level. Goku is special case because he need a form to using UI technique, so Goku UI form is like a bundle package, it allow for increasing in stats and accessing to UI. But his mastery over the TECHNIQUE is just a basic, just like martial art
Correction, bolded never happened. It was a conversation between Goku and whis, and Goku was the one who admitted that, in which he is right.

Speaking of questions regarding Heroes, I noticed this one ability that Demon Gods or those who resist their abilties that says this:
"Corruption (Dabura could corrupt Infinite Zamasu)".
Where does this feat come from? Because if it's from Xenoverse 2 then I don't remember Dabura affecting Infinite Zamasu

Speaking of questions regarding Heroes, I noticed this one ability that Demon Gods or those who resist their abilties that says this:
"Corruption (Dabura could corrupt Infinite Zamasu)".
Where does this feat come from? Because if it's from Xenoverse 2 then I don't remember Dabura affecting Infinite Zamasu
It's indeed Xenoverse 2 (so shouldn't be there regardless) and I guess it's assuming that the corruption carried over from Fused Zamasu. There's no evidence of that though, and Zamasu lacks the Supervillain aura in the prior cutscene anyway so he may have already lost it.

So it should be reworded to say Fusion Zamasu or just be removed? That's what I'd do, plus I'm sure that not everyone scales to it since Dabura doesn't have God Ki in Xenoverse 2

It should just be removed, as Xenoverse and Heroes are separate continuities. The only person it would apply to is Dabura himself from that game, who doesn't have a page.

@Dominodalek yeah I always found it a little weird that we scale some Xenoverse stuff to Heroes even though they have different events and stories as you said above. It may not be nessacary but I think a note should be made on the DB page or characters with a Heroes key that Xenoverse and Heroes aren't in the same continuity so not everything from Xenoverse scales to Heroes

I thought the Moro arc was fine, especially after a re-read. There's some jank, but it's leaps and bounds above the other manga arcs with a decently satisfying ending.

So, going into the Granola arc, it's looking like it's fine so far. It's mostly setup, but it's pretty solid setup. I'm hoping they don't drop the ball in the future.

Well tbh I actually do like the idea of Granola since aside from the Tuffles we never saw species negatively affected by the Saiyans and so they desire revenge. I also like that it seems Toyotaro is gonna have Goku and Vegeta train in different ways, Goku would train like an angel while Vegeta seemingly will train like a God of Destruction so it could give a potentially new dynamic of Goku and Vegeta's training philosophies

I hope to see Frieza and Broly involved in this arc because Granola want to revenge so they should be involved in this matter as Broly is a saiyan too

I'd be surprised if Freeza wasn't involved in this arc at all, truth be told. Granola's main goal right now is "Kill Freeza" so we're probably seeing him at some point.

Who knows about Broly, though. I hope he's able to come in.

Back