• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Dragomer really wants his early DB drug huh.​

DBS ran for around 3 years and now it's been on a "short break" for nearly 3 years as well.
It's not like they have actual plans, they make shit up as they go.
At least poor writers won't have to come up with a story on the fly every week with Toriyama's 90% unfinished drafts.
Which is fitting because Toriyama himself came up with shit on the fly when he was writing the weekly manga. It's a DB family tradition or something XD.

Being limited to 25 episode a year has NEVER been good for writing or pacing, that has NEVER happened.

Now imagine DBS, but waiting a year between every batch of 25 episode, it would be hell and unwatchable.

And for the animation : Look at One Punch Man season 2, That's all I have to say.
Who said anything about limiting it to just 25 episodes? The arc should be as long as it needs to be. It could be 13 episodes, or it could be 35. Whatever it takes. And again, it's not like DBS pacing is even remotely good.

Also, that's lunacy. There are plenty of 20 something episode animes that are well written and well-paced.

Listen to this carefully, IF having the anime being seasonal is enough time to give Toei the ability to improve the animation and writing, then I wouldn't mind waiting a year for (generally) 25 episode arcs.

I am not saying that all seasonal anime have good animation or good writing, just I don't have a problem with them changing how they distribute their Dragon Ball material. if it would improve those aspects of the show.

I just want a Planet Sadala arc. That’s all I want and need from Dragon Ball at this point.

It's not like the franchise had an actual "anime" in 18 years because the story of DB was OVER for more than 2 decades.
Exactly, that shows Toei knows that if they're going to make extra money out of Dragon Ball, a franchise that makes them money without even making new material, they'll rather just squeeze it much more with a long anime than just pull out seasonal ones for a quick buck.

If DBS finaly come back / get a sequel and they have another 'Episode 12 break the VS community' moment, what do you think it would be?

Probably something with going "Beyond time" or something.

I really hope that somehow and someway, Dragon Ball can be 1-A.

If DBS finaly come back / get a sequel and they have another 'Episode 12 break the VS community' moment, what do you think it would be?
Canon 2-A probably wouldn't be enough since we're used to 2-A Dragon Ball thanks to Heroes. Perhaps some thought-based/passive concept or law hax that's above baseline.

Imagine if some Masada-tier writer got in charge of things and wanted to see what kind of BS they could pull.

Goku punches out the concept of higher dimensions. I don't think it actually would be this, but I'd love it if he somehow managed to do it.

I don't even care what tier it'd be, it'd be hilarious to see.

I agree that a Dragon Ball Ultra Anime would be awesome. Or whatever we call a sequal to Super.

Yo is this real?
(was it in the Broly movie actually?)
EmQd1n3XUAU2-cR

What we need is the anime about the alternate timeline where Mr Satan is the protagonist.

Different villains, different characters (besides Satan and later Videl.) Different plot. But the protagonist and resident strong boy is Satan.

Can I get a source for that? Also, the only definition for "outer dimension" is "being or located on the outside; external" and "further from the middle or central part".
Nop it says outer dimensional, not an outer dimension, outer also means: not being bond by, transcending, or outside, existing independent of, meaning it's outside of/existing not bound by dimensionality itself, or AKA, not bound, outside, transcending dimensions, it's literally the definition for the tiering outerversal , because you transcend dimensionality, you are outside of dimensionality/dimensions.

Which makes a lot of sense, because the otherworld is stated to have higher dimensions (the number is unknown). It explains why simple travel to the otherworld and kaoishin realm is impossible.

The term says, Outer-dimensional, think about it for a sec. So outer-verse, outside of the verse, outer dimensional, outside of dimensionality. It's from a guide book and here is the license.

"Outer"
  • outside; external
  • further from the center or inside.
Other World has never been stated to have higher dimensions.

And once again, what is your source?

"Outer"
  • outside; external
  • further from the center or inside.
Other World has never been stated to have higher dimensions.

And once again, what is your source?
Didn't I gave you what outer can also mean,

existing independent of, it being external location doesn't change anything, or are you saying that a outerverse structure or distance is not outside of dimensions?
illogical.

It was stated in this official and authorize guide book, take it or leave IDC about what you think, I have evidence right there.

It's a guide book, Licenced , by bird studios, Toei , fun animation.

Dragon Ball Z: The Anime Adventure Game. Yes, the pen and paper RPG is canon. Prove it's canon or can be applied to any continuity besides its own.
Once more, I could care less about what you think or sarcasm and you better keep that for yourself I'm telling you that. It's licenced by bird studios (Toriyama's company), toei animation and fun animation) and it's here to had more details than the tv version. Meaning it's authorized to be used (as it was intended to me), doesn't contradict anything, just adds more detail. If you read it correctly you would the lore and history part is only about what happened in dragon ball, the game itself doesn't have that. Once more your opinion doesn't matter, I have evidence that the book being officially licenced and authorized, you thinking it isn't doesn't matter, you take it or you leave it.

Ah yes, I also like to tell people to basically **** off with their opinions, and that their opinion don't matter. Because clearly, my opinion is all that matters and everyone else is wrong.
It has nothing to do with my opinion , I have facts saying I can use this book , while the other side is only opinion-based.

The books also say that Chi-Chi is almost as powerful as Roshi and the average Saiyan, and that the Super Saiyan multiplier is 2.5x, and that Vegeta was there to witness Frieza destroying the planet but obviously, you chose to ignore that.

Back