• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Heroes/Xenoverse Revision (2-A)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kepekley23

VS Battles
Retired
So, without further ado, let's get into it.

Revision

1: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Some people might recall that I have already talked about this before in jest.

The gist of it is; after the end of BT3's What-if Saga, which is about Kibito Kai and Goku visiting a number of other timelines where things had gone differently, the narrator's epilogue very vaguely implies that there was an 'endless' number of such alternate timelines.

BT3pt1

Eventually, some people went out in search of the original Japanese scan to confirm whether or not this statement was in the original. And, as it turns out...

BT3part2

• µéƒþ®║ÒüîÞªïÒüƒÒü«Òü»ÒÇüÒééÒüùÒééÒü«õ©ûþòîÒü« Òü╗ÒéôÒü«Òü▓Òü¿ÒüïÒüæÒéëÒü½ÚüÄÒüÄÒü¬ÒüäÒÇé= "Goku had only seen a small fraction of the worlds."
  • "ÒééÒüùÒééÒü«õ©ûþòîÒü»þäíÚÖÉÒü½ÒüéÒéï" = "The number of worlds is infinite."
  • "ÒâëÒâ®Òé┤Òâ│Òâ£Òâ╝Òâ½ÒéƵäøÒüÖÒéïõ║║ÒüîÒüäÒéïÚÖÉÒéè..." = "As long as people continue to love Dragon Ball..."
The narrator states, quite clearly and without space for doubt, that there is an infinite number of alternate timelines. Considering the context is Goku and Kibito Kai visiting several alternate worlds, there is no doubt that's what he is talking about. This statement would qualify for 2-A.

Why This Applies to Heroes
It is rather common knowledge that Dragon Ball Heroes is a love letter/crossover to all Dragon Ball Z games. It merges several DB games' universes together and fits them as timelines within the Heroes 'multiverse'. And Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is no different; not only is it also a Bamdai Nanco game just like the rest, the sister Budokai series is pretty blatantly stated and shown to be a part of the Heroes multiverse, with Shin Budokai's plot and Janemba showing up.

Not only that, Beat's "real world" universe is explicitly portrayed as a timeline where all of the Dragon Ball manga and games are considered fiction, but are in fact just alternate timelines to the real world itself. Bandai Namco owns the right to the Budokai Tenkaichi series of games, so it would naturally be included even without external evidence.

Evidence 2: History is Infinite
The following scans have been discussed several times, but recent evidence has shed light on some of them and have made the intent behind it way clearer.

Particularly, these two statements, where the Time Patroller claims that:

• "Arg…The more you learn about history, the more you realize you don't know…There's no end to it! This's giving me a headache!"
  • "History can end up taking an infinite number of paths. Eventually, you lose track of what the correct version is supposed to be."
This suggests that 'history', ie the Dragon Ball multiverse, has an infinite number of diverging timelines. The commonly used argument against this statement was that this only meant there were infinite possibilities that were constantly spawning new timelines endlessly, which would only be 2-B.

However, the original Japanese scans were consulted and they suggest a quite different narrative.

These were taken up to several different Japanese translators, who gave slightly diverging translations. Among which:

• Òü»Òüé... µ¡┤ÕÅ▓Òü½ÒüñÒüäÒüªÕ¡ªÒéôÒüºÒééÕ¡ªÒéôÒüºÒéé... Òé¡Òâ¬ÒüîÒü¬ÒüäÒü¬... Úá¡ÒüîþùøÒüÅÒü¬ÒéïÒü£...! = Hah...If you learned or not about history...[you know] it doesn't make sense....my head is gonna start hurting.
  • Òü¥Òüé µ¡┤ÕÅ▓Òü¬ÒéôÒüª þäíÚÖÉÒü½µ×ØÕêåÒüïÒéîÒüùÒüªÒéïÒüåÒüêÒü½Òü®Òü«µ¡┤ÕÅ▓ÒüîÒü®Òü嵡úÒüùÒüäÒüïÒü¬ÒéôÒüªÒéÅÒüïÒéëÒü¬ÒüäÒüùÒü¡.. = History is infinitely branched out...I don't know which one is right [after a while]...
As you can see, instead of suggesting that history has the 'possibility' to take infinite paths, the Time Patroller actually states enthusiastically that history is infinitely branched out, thus suggesting there is an infinite number of alternate possible timelines.

Another Japanese translator gave a more general, contextualized translation:

Which even further confirms the idea that there are, indeed, infinite timelines that already exist in the Xenoverse multiverse, hence why you don't know which one is correct after a while.

Even ignoring this clear context and assuming that he is still only talking about an infinite amount of possible, non-physical timelines, there is additional evidence that suggests there are timelines for every possibility. With infinie possibilities, this would mean infinite timelines:

Fu, one of the 'greater' characters in the game, tells Dabura that he is not interested in Demon Realms but rather in "exploring all the possibilities". He then proceeds to clarify that he is talking about timelines. This suggests that the term "possibility" and "timeline" are interchangeable, and that possibilities can be explored. With infinite possibilities, this would mean that there is an infinite amount of timelines to be explored in the multiverse.

Lastly, the very name of the DLC this statement takes place in is "Infinite History", which, together with all the evidence above, makes it extremely clear that History in the DB Xenoverse contains an infinite amount of timelines.

Conclusion
With all the evidence above, I believe it is safe to say that Xenoverse and Heroes are indeed fit for 2-A and that its multiverse is endless in size. This would scale to several characters.

Ah_shit_here_we_go_again.gif

I 100% agree with this

BT3 quite clearly says there are an infinite number of worlds and Goku only saw one of said infinite, the patroller states that history is infinitely branched out, and other translations come to the similar result of "unlimited/limitless or infinite" timelines. The MWI makes this even greater. I will list the characters who will scale

Zenkaibattery1 said:
I 100% agree with this

BT3 quite clearly says there are an infinite number of worlds and Goku only saw one of said infinite, the patroller states that history is infinitely branched out, and other translations come to the similar result of "unlimited/limitless or infinite" timelines. The MWI makes this even greater. I will list the characters who will scale
Everyone who's 2-B scales.

Budokai Tenkaichi 3's narrative statements are option 4 so I think they are fine.

I think the evidences of games being canon to the DBH are fine.

Fuu's and time patroller's statements are solid option 2 so I think they are fine.

Overall, I agree with this upgrade.

I think At least 2-A is fair; I think many-worlds interpretation is infinitely increasing the multiverse size for each (infinite) choices/events. I am fine if this topic is reserved for another thread.

I agree with the upgrade for sure. Its pretty straightforward and with the origional japanese text it is honestly even more clear cut than the english text was.

I think Elizhaa suggestion of it being "At least 2-A" makes the most sense to since the multiverse seems to be an infinitly expanding already endless multiverse.

An infinitely expanding already infinite multiverse isn't "At least 2-A", that's still baseline kek

Either way, I agree with this

I thought being infinitly above baseline 2-A warented an "at least", and in some cases "possibly higher". I think adding at least given the context was fair. Since you could argue its a level of infinity above, but I could be mistaken. Either way the upgrade is solid imo.

I wouldn't consider upgrading an entire verse to 2-A to be simple, especially considering how controversial that verse is.

But whatever I appear to be the only one who cares about the lockdown, so.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
I agree with this entirely but... is this a joke? Like... is this the wrong category? This must be the quarantine hallucinations, there's no way VsBattles would acknowledge Dragon Ball as 2-A.
Antvasima said staffs could help to finish new threads if they are simple enough; this thread looks like it, to me: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/4297058

The thread should be fine.

I can make back up to web archive like this.

I was just comparing the cosmologies and stating that Noein is higher than baseline 2-A for the same reasonings mentioned in this thread about Dragon Ball. That is all.

idk, I say it's probably baseline because the Nasuverse pages currently also have well, the exact same explanation, but were only accepted as baseline

In addition, adding infinite to infinite isn't a bigger infinity In this case you're just adding aleph null universes to aleph null universes, and thats the same size still and doesn't reach a higher amount

also just from a cursory glance, yikes, Noein pages look god awful

Paul Frank said:
idk, I say it's probably baseline because the Nasuverse pages currently also have well, the exact same explanation, but were only accepted as baseline
In addition, adding infinite to infinite isn't a bigger infinity In this case you're just adding aleph null universes to aleph null universes, and thats the same size still and doesn't reach a higher amount

also just from a cursory glance, yikes, Noein pages look god awful </div>
Silly Paul, you forget that everyone bullies Nasu 2-A's.

2-A + scaling chain without "At least" can be fine. For now. Just don't want to turn this into a big debate, so I'll be fine with sticking to just the OP

time to downgrade quite a few verses I have in mind who are infinitely above 2-A. No verse will be infinitely above 2-A anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back