• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dom Roasts Franklin, But Then It Escalates (Voting Completed)

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
On a normal, summer day in Los Santos, a pair of cars drive up to the house of Franklin Clinton. Out of one car comes Franklin himself, and out the other comes a new acquaintance named Dom, who had chosen to drive with him back to his house. However, when he asked if he could come inside, Franklin cussed at him, telling him plainly that he couldn't, and that he would see him tomorrow.

Dom does not take too lightly to this, and started to hash it out with the Californian. However, when Franklin brought his "family" into the argument, this was the last straw for Dom, and very soon the two men sought shelter as their bullets began to fly across the Southern Californian suburbs at each other, and only one of them was walking away from this mess alive.

In the blue corner, we have Dominic Toretto from The Fast and The Furious, and in the red corner, we have Franklin Clinton from Grand Theft Auto.

Fast-And-Furious-Family-1.jpg
GTA-V-Lamar-Roasts-Franklin.jpg

• This is a battle to the death or incapacitation. No holds barred.
  • Neither character are aware of each other beforehand (except for the interaction seen in the OP), and there is no prep time.
  • Neither character are allowed any outside help.
  • This battle takes place just outside of Franklin's house in Los Santos, quite literally giving him the home-field advantage.
  • F7-F9 Dom is used, and Franklin's 9-A equipment is restricted.
  • Speed is equalized.
With all this being said, let the debate begin!

• Family Man: 0
  • Yee-Yee Ass Haircut: 7 (EliminatorVenom, Schwxnz, Naitodesu, Peppersalt43, Sonicflare9, RanaProGamer, Nierre)
  • Inconclusive: 0

Last edited:
If that is a problem, then I could probably allow Franklin his 9-A weaponry to make things more fair, but I thought they were closer in power than that.

Dom is 24000 J and Franklin scales to Killer Whales which are like 500 kilojoules based on what is written on the Killer Whale page.

Wait, how did Franklin destroy a door?

I don't doubt it, but destroying a 500kj door-destroying feat requires a very violent sort of destruction that I don't recall Franklin doing physically.

Yeaaah, unless there's something I'm missing, I doubt that such a feat took place. I've rewatched GTA V a while ago and I don't remember anyone doing a feat even vaguely similar to the sort of destruction to a door that justifies 500kJ of energy. While I don't doubt I've missed something or that they might've damaged or even knocked off a door from its hinges, I've seen characters who quite literally dismantled a whole door with a punch or broke it entirely in half with a single kick and they weren't eligible for the door shattering feat.

It really requires someone to obliterate a door to splinters.

But you don't need 500kJ of energy to slay a killer whale. Normal people have done so with harpoons, and it certainly is possible to do so with normal guns.

Giving this to Dom. Aside from being stronger himself, he's been fighting opponents far more skilled and experienced than Franklin for awhile (such as the Shaw brothers and Luke Hobbs). His CQC is also a lot more impressive compared to what we've seen from Franklin. Voting Dom via clear strength and skill advantage

Apparently, Franklin beat them to death with his bare hand, including tiger sharks and cattle.
It still doesn't change my point exactly, as while it does put him above baseline Wall level, you don't need to match even 1/10th of something KE to kill it. In fact, humans can KO and wound each other quite seriously with normal punches, when the KE of a human easily goes up to Street level. Scaling people, at least on the lowest tiers and without a very good reason, to KE leads to quite wrong conclusions most of the time.

I'm not expert on KE or stuff like that but i believe beating an Orca of this size would still put him at Wall level.

Granted, i know little about either of them so i just stay out for a while.

I'm not expert on KE or stuff like that but i believe beating an Orca of this size would still put him at Wall level.
I agree with that, but I disagree with scaling to the orca's KE.

"Can tank multiple head-on collisions into walls with cars and trucks going in excess of 50 mph [With semi-trucks weighing in at 36280 kg, a speed of 50 mph would wield 9.06296 megajoules]"

From Trevor's page, who Franklin scales to.

I think Franklin just one-shots.
Again, that is the same problem. The driver wouldn't take even 1/10 of the KE in that case. We have plenty of proof both in theory and in practice, there have been people who had survived much worse collisions.

While I do agree that Franklin surviving so easily and constantly is certainly worthy of Wall level, it is not fair to scale him to the vehicle's KE.

I don't know, I think that the profiles just need to be reworded, most things there are right, the thing is that it is wrong to directly scale them to the KE of things, because, as in real life, it vastly simplifies the whole process of energy exchange.

In any case, I'll analyse this match in a bit.

Apparently Dom's speed has been downgraded. It's a shame, although I'll note that the ratings are a bit weird for Brixton Lore at least, as he is Subsonic in movement speed, and has slower reactions and combat speed than his travel speed, which is very weird.

In any case, for AP/Durability, I feel like Dom has the better direct feats, although Franklin really isn't that far from him, and both of them use weapons quite constantly, which helps equalize things. Dom's lifting strength is greater too, which would be a serious problem for Franklin if he got caught, because Class 5 against Peak Human is... Quite problematic, on the very least. And worse, Dom is a bit smaller than Franklin, I think, which makes grappling even more on his favour.

I'll consider speed equalized because Franklin will stomp otherwise, and if so, it's irrelevant in this fight as none of them have the sort of agility advantage or some sort of skill that'd allow them to act "faster" than the opponent.

Stamina, I give this to Franklin, I think. They both have very similar feats in general, but I think Franklin had to go through more stuff on his missions than Dom had, at least iin a combat/injury sense, and his jogging stamina is quite insane too. If he had to pursue Dom, Dom would have a very difficult time to get away.

Skill and experience... So, here's the thing, Dom is older and has seen weirder stuff, but Franklin has consistently fought way more people during his youth than Dom did even on his older age. Dom is predominantly a racer, and Franklin is predominantly someone who grew on a gang life with a streak of violence rarely matched in real life and was considered skilled enough to join Michael's heists, often in a combat role. Dom is no slouch, but I feel like Franklin not only is more skilled in general, non-melee combat, but he has more experience against other human foes, even in groups and acting tactically,

And in weaponry, there ain't much to say, aside that Franklin has way more variety and options. The only piece of equipment that Dom has and Franklin doesn't is the magnet, and the inverse list is much greater.

I'll say that, in a direct fight, Franklin should win more often than not, with medium-high difficulty.

Bonus: In driving skill, including fighting with a car, Dom is a better one in general and in more fields, but Franklin is no slouch and is probably better at handling the car in very tight spaces/curves with his active skill.

I'll start counting votes from Eliminator's vote onwards.

I agree with that, but I disagree with scaling to the orca's KE.

Again, that is the same problem. The driver wouldn't take even 1/10 of the KE in that case. We have plenty of proof both in theory and in practice, there have been people who had survived much worse collisions.

While I do agree that Franklin surviving so easily and constantly is certainly worthy of Wall level, it is not fair to scale him to the vehicle's KE.
Just a note: It doesn't involve Franklin being inside of the car, it involves him being outside of the car and then being randomly rammed into a wall by a car.

Our References for Common Feats page clearly states that you'd scale to the KE if you're not sent flying but are instead rammed into a wall after which the car stops violently. That's all I gotta say regarding this feat.

Also Franklin can easily dent cars and helicopters quite badly with his kicks and punches.

Just a note: It doesn't involve Franklin being inside of the car, it involves him being outside of the car and then being randomly rammed into a wall by a car.

Our References for Common Feats page clearly states that you'd scale to the KE if you're not sent flying but are instead rammed into a wall after which the car stops violently. That's all I gotta say regarding this feat.

Also Franklin can easily dent cars and helicopters quite badly with his kicks and punches.
Eh, I disagree with that but since it's in the References, I guess that's it for this conundrum. I'd still argue that it is inconsistent for Franklin.

I know, but the really bad damage requires Franklin to repeatedly strike said vehicle, and otherwise the same damage could be achieved with powerful swings from sledgehammers.

I know, but the really bad damage requires Franklin to repeatedly strike said vehicle, and otherwise the same damage could be achieved with powerful swings from sledgehammers.
I should note that he can also do this specifically to armored vehicles, which would most likely count his own Buffalo.

Helicopters are a weird case, as those take less than 2-3 hits.

Eh, I disagree with that but since it's in the References, I guess that's it for this conundrum. I'd still argue that it is inconsistent for Franklin.
Maybe for Franklin, but for Trevor, one of the many ways to increase his Red Mist bar is to get rammed by cars, he is the stronger one after all.

Last edited:
Giving this to Dom. Aside from being stronger himself, he's been fighting opponents far more skilled and experienced than Franklin for awhile (such as the Shaw brothers and Luke Hobbs). His CQC is also a lot more impressive compared to what we've seen from Franklin. Voting Dom via clear strength and skill advantage
This one, yeah? As I said, I have started counting votes past Eliminator's vote for Franklin.

I would suggest that if you disagree with this, you should make your case once more.

Back