• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doki Doki Literature Club! downgrade

Didn't read everything, but I want to add my two cents:

At the end of Chapter 1, as soon as you see Sayori's corpse, her file is deleted from the game.
If you try to load a previous save right after this, the game will tell you that sayori.chr is missing and will proceed to Chapter 2, skipping the rest of the cutscene.
This should prove that saves aren't different timelines, otherwise you should be able to load them as Sayori should still exist within them.

Like when one edits a video, saves w/o exporting & creating a new video, deletes the og video and loads the file that was saved, pretty much the same happens. If many videos are edited and only 1 of them is deleted then loading the save file will set the changes as they were minus the deleted video.

Once again, idk what's so complex about this. GreatIskandar14045 saying it's nonsense I 100% believe it's just the user not understanding on its own.

I know this revision was already applied, but I don't agree with the blog, especially when comparing it to things like videos and pictures.
You can ask questions or make arguments if you want, talking we get things done. Also, please read what was said in this thread if you didn't.

If anyone else wants to recommend me a way to reword and explain things better in the blog then I'm listening too.

His. If they're nonsense then you're not bothering to argue the why of it as I did argue why your stuff was wrong.
You can but you don't have too. That's what's going on here, it's unnecessary because downgrade is universally accepted, refuting your video analogies while I'm okay with Ricsi's suggestion is already pointless and somewhat derailing.

What I need right now is a Facebook's haha react.

I have been summoned. This debate seems to have started without me so I would only be a distraction. I don't do well when a debate is cluttered full of debaters, I am rusty too. Lastly, debate about planes of existence that are not familiar to humans in real life is ambiguous so ultimately it's not very important to me.

We could add my blog about in-universe save files in the verse page to come in handy for anyone confused.

I know. I don't think I got out of line but it was improvable.

We could add my blog about in-universe save files in the verse page to come in handy for anyone confused.
That seems fine to me.
I know. I don't think I got out of line but it was improvable.
Well, you need to make an ongoing effort to maintain a polite and respectful tone. We definitely don't need to encourage any more bitterness and negativity towards the staff as a whole.

I think that we can probably cover it here to save time.

Well, I feel kind of iffy just changing another character's rating all so suddenly, especially when this thread just got concluded, but I don't know who that character is, so whatever.

If the reasoning for her ratings are just like Monika, then I'm all in for downgrading it.

I think that the reasons are likely the exact same, yes.

We can discuss about the downgrade of other characthers of different verse... in a totally different theard with the same purpose?

I think we can turn this in a CRT about Save Files Characters since this downgrade is literally based on the same concept.

Characters that would be affected from this are:
  • The Player (OFF): 2-C is probably fine, but they're going to be baseline of that tier since the number of timelines in unknown.
  • Miyuki Sone and Aoi Mukou: Their "Low 2-C, likely 2-C" are becoming just Low 2-C, even in Durability which is just 2-C for no reason
Then there are Braverly Default 2-As but dunno the context of it.

So the main problem I have with the blog itself is, Save Files are compared to things like videos. What, so is a YTP suddenly an alternate timeline? No? I thought as much. I really don't think videos can be compared to timelines. Pictures don't work for the same reason, Also, aren't adding cheating codes technically just Data Manipulation? Also if I recall correctly, if pick all the choices given to you in DDLC, you get some other ending? (or is that because Sayori has Acausality?)

In other words, even if the revisions have already been done, I disagree with the changes.

Last edited:
Blog can definitely be worded better to express the concept of Save Files not being full timelines but just an unquantifiable piece of them, which start from a definite moment of time, aka the start of the game, and end where the walktrought reach its conclusion, otherwise Low 2-C Zeref would have been a thing since he was gonna nuke 400 years from a timeline, with said 400 years being comparable to the time between the start and the end of a save file.

Blog can definitely be worded better to express the concept of Save Files not being full timelines but just an unquantifiable piece of them, which start from a definite moment of time, aka the start of the game, and end where the walktrought reach its conclusion, otherwise Low 2-C Zeref would have been a thing since he was gonna nuke 400 years from a timeline, with said 400 years being comparable to the time between the start and the end of a save file.
@Eficiente

Forgot something about the player in DDLC; Causality Manip should be added to his powers due to saving and loading.
Shouldn't Miyuki Sone get her 2-C rating gone as well for the exact same reason?
Based on her profile, yes, but we should make other CRT for it as people often use reasons that aren't in the profile to say that the things in the profile are fine and nothing should be changed. And that Unknown speed based on "Implied to exist beyond the game's script" seems to just want to make a Flowey back when he had crazy speeds. She doesn't have any reason to be Unknown there.
  • The Player (OFF): 2-C is probably fine, but they're going to be baseline of that tier since the number of timelines in unknown.
Idk the verse but
  • If the part saying "Can split the OFF world into multiple timelines" is legit then, it depends how it's done to be 2-C.
  • "Since the various game files are canonical constructs within the game's story, each save file corresponds to its own timeline." Needs proof.
  • "can completely control up to sixteen different save files" shouldn't be there if the proof of the other thing isn't legit.
So the main problem I have with the blog itself is, Save Files are compared to things like videos. What, so is a YTP suddenly an alternate timeline? No? I thought as much. I really don't think videos can be compared to timelines. Pictures don't work for the same reason, Also, aren't adding cheating codes technically just Data Manipulation? Also if I recall correctly, if pick all the choices given to you in DDLC, you get some other ending? (or is that because Sayori has Acausality?)

In other words, even if the revisions have already been done, I disagree with the changes.
It's just an analogy, on that sense I can compare it and they can be compared to everything, what's more important is how saving remembers how everything is put into place in terms of cause & consequence and the point in time also rembered, then loading uses Causality Manip to put things as when they were saved and uses Time Manip to send the user at that point when they saved too.

Idk what you mean by YTP.
Also, aren't adding cheating codes technically just Data Manipulation?
Idk why this matters. If it's not canon then it's not a in-universe power.
Also if I recall correctly, if pick all the choices given to you in DDLC, you get some other ending? (or is that because Sayori has Acausality?)
If you know this means something then you can tell us what it means, otherwise idk why are you pointing it out.

"Since the various game files are canonical constructs within the game's story, each save file corresponds to its own timeline." Needs proof.
from my memory of the endgame of off i am pretty sure this is based on the room and it's puzzles which involve save hopping in order to change reality and the room so you can do stuff, i dont remember the exact context behind it, but i can find it if you give me a bit i should be able to find it

As far as remember, is just selecting save files that already exist.

And if all 3 of them are different timelines, then The Queen should be 2-C as all 3 of them are within The Room, which she created.

Eficiente:

Would you be willing to create a new CRT for the other above-mentioned verses that scale from save files?

That's probably not a good idea. I knew this verse and Undertale and those were already pretty chaotic, things will be severely out of hand if I cover other verses I don't know, try to get info out of asking people, believe them up to what I can based on what they show me, and try to navigate through people being confused and subtly angry at me.

I will participate in any of those threads if anyone else makes them and a hand from other staff to help out and if they know the verse would likely be needed.

Okay. Is somebody else here who knows the relevant verses, willing to revise them? I would appreciate the help.

Didn't read everything, but I want to add my two cents:

At the end of Chapter 1, as soon as you see Sayori's corpse, her file is deleted from the game.
If you try to load a previous save right after this, the game will tell you that sayori.chr is missing and will proceed to Chapter 2, skipping the rest of the cutscene.
This should prove that saves aren't different timelines, otherwise you should be able to load them as Sayori should still exist within them.
Yeah I feel this is a good explanation of things. Unfortunately I do have to agree with this thread. Though I remember somewhere that the save files were stated via word of God to be their own universes, but I’m not sure if I’m confusing it with something else, so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Okay. Thank you. Can you link to it here?

Back