• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Manhattan, Darkest Knight and Golden Wonder Woman Small Revision

I was referring to both of us talking about an upcoming revision.
Fair then. In each case if Wondy gets 2 keys I have no problem with at least low 1-C Wally and Manhattan. That said I’m not really opposed to Manhattan’s current rating and justification either.

Imo it should be left out until we get a concrete rating. The jump between 1C and 1A is staggeringly high, unlike between 2A and 1C, for example. And imo the justification just isn't enough.

What would you recommend writing in the footnote?
What about:
  • The Darkest Knight's statement that he can kill the Hands is unproven and is contradicted by his himself who admitted that he couldn't stop them if they were to destroy the Multiverse.

What about:
  • The Darkest Knight's statement that he can kill the Hands is unproven and is contradicted by his himself who admitted that he couldn't stop them if they were to destroy the Multiverse.
Tbf him killing them one by one is easier than facing them all at the same time. Also him merely being capable of accessing the sixth dimension and getting to their size would already give him 1-A.

Tbf him killing them one by one is easier than facing them all at the same time. Also him merely being capable of accessing the sixth dimension and getting to their size would already give him 1-A.
The Sixth Dimension wasn't mentioned during the Death Metal storyline.

And the Hands, the Darkest Knight, Doctor Manhattan and Perpetua aren't more powerful in the Sixth Dimension, their power doesn't work like that.

In that case you are arguing they are always 1-A, since you need to be as big as a 1-A to live there and be of significant size. Similar to the sphere of the gods. However I do not think Manhattan can even access the sixth dimension.

I still believe the 1A stuff is confusing, but has anyone proposed the idea of likely/possibly higher?

If that won't work, then I suppose the 1A stuff is fine until further revisions.

I still believe the 1A stuff is confusing, but has anyone proposed the idea of likely/possibly higher?

If that won't work, then I suppose the 1A stuff is fine until further revisions.
We can remove the 1-A rating for Doctor Manhattan, Darkest Knight and Golden Wonder Woman if you want.

I personally wouldn't mind at all.
Okay, because the 1-A justification of Dr Manhattan isn't really a good argument since Wonder Woman and the Justice League used Manhattan's energy in order to fight Perpetua (diminished state) who is Low 1-C. Another proof is that the Darkest Knight stole the body of a less powerful duplicate of Dr Manhattan and needed to be powered by the Crisis Energy in order to kill the Low 1-C Perpetua.

Okay. That seems to make sense to me, but I cannot decide on my own.

If you guys want to remove the keys now, it’s fine, I just think it’d make more sense to wait until the whole cosmology revision.

Okay. Maybe we are too impatient. I would prefer more community input here, especially from the members that I called earlier.

If you guys want to remove the keys now, it’s fine, I just think it’d make more sense to wait until the whole cosmology revision.
Maybe you're right, but in order to avoid confusions, isn't best to remove the 1-A justification of Darkest Knight, Dr Manhattan and Golden Wonder Woman since they all scale to Low 1-C Perpetua?

We can write the footnote that I have proposed earlier about the Darkest Knight's statement of him being able to kill the Hands and why it shouldn't be used as an evidence for the 1-A rating.

Sure, that’s fine, although you should definitely note that it was a diminished Perpetua that they’re being scaled to, because the profiles don’t make that clear atm.

Okay. So have you two reached an agreement then?

Doctor Manhattan

The Batman Who Laughs

Wonder Woman (Post-Flashpoint)

Sorry for the necro but I think this thread was not concluded yet.

Okay. What is left to do here, and should I re-lock those pages?

The only thing left to apply was to add a specification that the Darkest Knight fought against a weaker Perpetua.

Back