• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Greetings, Devil Hunters

A Crawling Chaos Cat was talking on discord about DMC's Regen feats, and something came up from this: Is Sid that special ? You must be asking yourself, why Sid ? Ha, I'll tell you why

Sid, in the anime, after obtaining Abigail's power, was a big threat to Dante, and one thing on his sleeve caught Dante off guard: His Regenerationn. Sid was blown to pieces, yet, he came back from his blood only, which is, on our dear Wiki, a Low-High Regenerationn feat, which is actually a very good Regenerationn, capable of deciding entire battles by mere existing, and that's why this CRT is important, because this Regenerationn should actually scale to some characters

Now, to explain this, we must look at demons in general in the series, their physiology grants them a bunch of interesting abilities like Fear Hax, numerous resistances aaaaand you guessed, Regenerationn. While it varies between demons regarding its efficiency, it is there

Some examples are Argosax the Chaos being born by multiple demon parts that were scattered by Dumary Island (He had High-Mid for this, dunno why it's gone), Griffon being capable of reforming his whole body from his soul, Vergil being sliced in half, Trish being shot through her torso and neck area by a Particle Beam, Dante being shot in the face, shot in the whole body, impaled by Alastor, impaled by Rebellion (Twice), impaled by Devil Sword Dante and the list goes on, even fodders demons were able to withstand regular cuts from Dante on DMC3 intro. As you can see, it even follows their level of power

It is clear that Regenerationn comes from their physiology, unless it is a magical ability/jutsu/shenanigan that every single demon learned (which I don't really think it is the case), and guess what, Demon Kings like Mundus, Urizen and Argosax, aswell as Sparda, have a much, muuuuch superior physiology than Sid, or at the very least comparable, so they should have similar Regenerationn. The exception is Griffon and co, as they are...let's say, "core based demons", which certainly isn't the case for Mundus, Argosax and Urizen

But hey, how Dante is capable of killing them then ?
Dante has some abilities that goes beyond Low-High Regenerationn, like Soul Hax, Deconstruction and he actually negates Low-High, since he was able to kill Sid, and no, Sid still had his powers there, he only lost his giant demon body. His regen feat was also done is his "Base Form".

It scales to Dante ?
Now comes the most interesting part

Dante's base form, aswell as Nero and Vergil, don't scale. As I said, it comes to physiology, and they are only half demons, with a human body, they don't have a 100% demon body despite all of them being far above Sid

However... it should scale to their Devil Trigger forms, and this includes Nero

In DMC4, Agnus says that Nero's arm had demonic power, Urizen's statements about Nero not having said power were when Nero didn't had his arm. After unlocking DT, it comes back, so Nero should also scaleby having a demon physiology while in DT. While this doesn't work for DMC4 Nero, since he's inferior to Sid and still has a human body while in DT, his Full DT in DMC5 should be good to go

Devil Trigger is, as explained in the series, their demon form manifested, their "true form" for SDT. This also ties with the fact that the game always showed an increase on Dante's healing powers when he enters in Devil Trigger, similar to Vergil's Boss Fights, so he having a more powerful Regenerationn during Devil Trigger is actually in the series, only, obviously, with nerfs for gameplay purposes. Nico's files also mentions how good Dante's regen is while in DT. So being far superior to Sid in their physiology should grant them similar Regenerationn

It would scale only to demons superior to Sid, which is Anime Dante and beyond, DMC5 Vergil, End Game DMC5 Nero, Argosax, Mundus, Urizen, Bolverk and Sparda

Beastheads don't scale, since one of its form is inferior to Sid, and the other has Chen as the host, and being a human part, it ruins the "full" demon physiology requirement

Why would Nero not scale?

There's nothing that makes us assume his DT is any different from the others aside from a single line from Vergil where he asks what form of power it was, which clearly meant something more along the lines of "how did they get this strong this quickly?". Furthermore, Urizen saying Nero has no Demonic power would only apply to pre-DT Nero, and even then it's not accurate given Nero can still perform some usage of Demonic energy, such as Air Hike.

Aside from the reasoning to try and keep this from Nero, I'm fine with this.

Vergil's line was very clear, he didn't knew what form of power was that, if his doubts were about Nero's powerup, he would say something similar to what you quoted

Demonic Power is something passive, it doesn't "appears" after you get a DT, Dante had in the first novel and in the manga, for example

Edit: he actually scales, nvm me

I also think that demons should have immortality 6 or 9 since they can possess different things without being present

in addition the vergil, dante and other demons being able to enter the worlds that are in the mirrors should be immersion

Fak

Yo Glass, his type 1 Immortality needs to be on the DMC3 tab, and only while in DT

It is on his Vol 1 tab by mistake

Dante and glass Speaking of related topics, what do you think about demons entering the mirror?

I also believe that demons should have immortality 6 or 9 as they can possess different things without being present.

I locked the Dante page again.

What else is left to do here?

The world of the mirror I think should be added to demons as a kind of immersion and immortality 6/9 probation that demons possess things even though they are in hell and the things that they possess on earth

Back