• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Distance to the palace from Soul Society using canon speed and time

Status
Not open for further replies.
So timeframe, we know it took Ichigo 9 hours and 15 minutes to complete the travel

To find the distance we need speed which we will get from Gin's Bankai description which is accepted in the Wiki after the translations from the Databook and 13 blades showed he didn't lie to Ichigo.

31fNn3p.jpeg

Ichigo manages to react to that speed in base, then he uses shunpo to dodges twice that speed with his vizard mask. The Ichigo that traveled from the palace to Seireitei is much stronger than either of those versions, is hauling ass as fast as possible to help his friends and has demonstrated enough stamina to fight full power for weeks or months several times as proved in this thread

So it's just 500 times the speed of sound for 9h15min

343 . 500 = 171500 m/s
171500 . 33.300 = 5.710.950.000

Results​

Distance to the soul society from the palace = 5.710.950.000m

"Gin's Bankai has a Mach 500 extension statement from the manga and databooks -> Butterflyzen has transcended all Shinigami (for the sake of brevity think of all Shinigami as just Gin) -> Ichigo ends up "standing in a dimension above" Aizen aka transcends an already transcendent Aizen -> Yhwach likens True Shikai Ichigo to the Ichigo that defeated Aizen.

Conclusion: TS Ichigo's shunpo is casually above Gin's Bankai.

Unresolved questions against this:

• Why should Gin's Bankai speed correlate to TS Ichigo's shunpo?
    • In a vacuum it doesn't; however, we know that FKT Ichigo was able to react to Gin's Bankai and not Aizen. Therefore by the time Aizen has transcended Gin and the rest of the Shinigami, and then by the time Ichigo transcends Aizen, it should be fair to say that Ichigo is casually above that level of speed with his shunpo.
  • Is this calc stacking?
    • AFAIK, no. Since the realm of logic is TS Ichigo = Ichigo that beat Aizen > God Aizen > Butterflyzen > Gin and the rest of the Shinigami, and then that line of thinking would allow you to apply the Mach 500 speed to Ichigo relatively safely, because Ichigo is leaps and bounds above Gin at this point. Furthermore, this would be a lowball by the above logic, so it shouldn't lead to issues since it would make all further calcs from it low-ends. But, I think where this question comes from is part of the justification for saying TS Ichigo's shunpo > Gin's Bankai. Seeing how when people bring up stuff like "a weaker Ichigo dodged it" I think that invokes feelings of calc stacking.

Personally, I support using Mach 1000 as a minimum since Gin can double his Bankai speed as per a statement, and the logic above still applies. I also think using lightning speeds is reasonable, considering Candice's arrows are "fast enough to be called lightning speeds" in CFYOW and Ichigo was quite casual with evading them, not to mention the Femritters couldn't perceive Ichigo's entry from the trip but they are very much on par with Candice's lightning. Albeit, I agree with damage that it should be saved for a thread involving the actual distance calc and not a thread about who scales." ~Me circa a few threads ago

Another method I think would be reasonable would be vf^2 = vi^2 + 2ax, where a = (vf - vi)/t, vf is lightning speeds (Femritters are all on par with lightning speeds statements but couldn't perceive Ichigo's movements), vi is mach 1 (we see Ichigo begin the journey by breaking the sound barrier), t is 33300 seconds. That would net 1,670,710,950 m.

This sums up my thoughts for all who care, but good luck.

You have not only the Calc Stacking issue, but you also have to prove that his combat speed translates to his travel speed.

We literally just finished a thread on this topic. Sorry, but you have to deal with what the Calc Group Members have decided on as the optimal solution for now.

Do not try posting this again just because you don't like what the Calc Group has decided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back