• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Distance between earth and old planet Namek

Hello everyone. I wanted to know if it would make sense for you to calculate the distance between the earth and namek based on the fact Kami's ship managed to go to Jupiter in 11 seconds.

As you can see here http://*********.tv/dragon-ball-kai-episode-18 at 13 min 08 the ship starts to fly and at 13 min 19 it arrived on Jupiter.

It took one month (30 days) to that ship to reach planet namek. So if you agree with me, I'll calculate the distance between earth and namek (using 3 hypothesis. A low one, a middle one and a high one).

The low hypothesis suppose the distance between the earth and Jupiter was the lowest possible distance (591 millions of km).

Same for the middle hypothesis but with the median distance (778 millions of km).

And finally, the high hypothesis suppose the distance between the earth and jupiter was the highest possible (965 millions of km).

Of course, if you don't like the idea, I'll simply not do it.

420Swagnemite said:
The Living Tribunal1 said:
but was the ship going at top speed while going to jupiter?
No one knows. But I just assume that's how fast it goes.
hmmm

max distance comes out as 24 light years

i dont think the ship was going to jupiter at top speed

Edwellken said:
If it was going to Jupiter at top speed, exactly how fast would that make the ship?
only 288 x light speed

i think name was mentioned to be in another galaxy, so yeah, i dont think that the ship went at top speed

so basically, it seems that we cant calculate the distance to namek

420Swagnemite said:
I think when I did it, it was around 11,000 light years
wot wot wot wot

for that speed, it will need to be 133.8K x LS

but, with that speed, it wud travel 442 billion km in 11 secs

which is faaar beyond jupiter

so clearly u didnt get it from the jupiter thing

what info did u use to calc it?

420Swagnemite said:
I used the speed it took to go to Jupiter, and the time it took to go to Namek.
max distance to jupiter = 9.65 x 10^11 m/s

speed to get there in 11 s assuming no acceleration or deceleration = 8.77 x 10^10 m/s or about 292.4 x ight speed

the ship went on for 30 days

so, in 30 days, it covered distance of time x velocity

= (30 x 24 x 3600) x (8.77 x 10^10 m/s)

= 2.27 x 10^17 m

converting to light years, we get, distance = 24 light years

so if the ship went to jupiter at full speed, then distance is 24 light years

which is clearly not the case, since iirc it was refernced to be at least outside the galaxy

so yeah, using the calc, it can be found out that the ship was nowhere near its top speed

Anyway we can certainly tell Goku's ship was (more or less) 4,3 time faster than Kami's ship.

I read the manga since the beginning of the saiyan saga and in fact it was 6 days and not 7. So goku's ship is 5 times faster than Kami's ship.

Back