• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Discussion about the wiki's UCP update, and other important information

I get fandom wants to to keep discussions alive and focused on but none of what happens there is exactly relevant to the rest of the wiki structure wise. The fact that theres this much of a divide between mobile and desktop users is a serious problem.

Thank you for helping out.

Is there a selection of pages or something I can look to for learning the new code and stuff in this editor?

Is there a selection of pages or something I can look to for learning the new code and stuff in this editor?
Wikitext did not change, but due to the update there are some new features and old features that have not been supported by MediaWiki did not change. Everything on https://www.mediawiki.org should be supported in the current version. If you where using something that you can no longer find on MediaWiki, it is likely no longer supported. (Like the Category Intersection that got replaced by DPL)

The old one should work (some old don't work anymore). But HTML, CSS codes work while for Javascript I haven't tested yet in a sandbox.

A good one is https://www.w3schools.com/ if you want to learn more about them.

Is there a way to make loading images better? Because a lot of the time when I click on an image, it fails to load completely, it makes linking images here nigh impossible since they don't load

I readed the whole thread and goodness you guys are so short tempered with this

There is a time to adapating albeit it will take so much time for that

Tho i agree that my profile in vsbw is like a hulk right now lel

I just want to mention that if anybody has problems with editing via the UCP system, please try some different settings, as there are 3 editing modes to choose from.

Here are the ones that work best for me:Screenshot_20201031-082943_Firefox.jpg

When I'm clicking on "VIEW MORE MESSAGES" at the bottom of my Message Wall nothing happens even though I used to have more message threads than I can currently view on my Message Wall. It also seems like as if the title of one of the message threads got altered for some reason. What used to be "I'd" in the title got changed to "I'd".

Well, I think that the message walls will take quite a while to be properly and completely converted, but at least I have been told that they will be converted eventually.

You should probably contact Fandom about if the letters and signs get converted wrong.

Well, I think that the message walls will take quite a while to be properly and completely converted, but at least I have been told that they will be converted eventually.

You should probably contact Fandom about if the letters and signs get converted wrong.
Where do I contact Fandom?

Can an option be added so that whenever we Users on mobile and we want to enter [Full Site] (Which is the Desktop Version iirc) our Phone's Safari (or whatever Browser we're using) will permanently stay in the Desktop Version. Whenever Safari resets, I always have to scroll down so I can enter the Desktop Version; I just stopped visiting this site in my phone since the Mobile Version is literal garbage

Is it possible to add the old editing mode back. The new editing mode is like a second slow in almost everything like when you write out your texts, trying to copy a wall of text, and when you clear out a wall of text via highlighting them then typing/pasting in what you want, this thing takes almost 5 seconds just to insert the command. Literally have to write out the shit I need to add in my pages in a 3rd party such as paste.ee or Notepad++ then just inserting them in the page, crazy... Also when you were in the old editing mode, you could go to the page version of the page you're editing since it gives you a link that you could right click then go to so you could get links that were in the profile easier than if you go to preview mode then just taking them but now with the new editing mode, that type of option (link above the editing mode) so only the preview mode is the way now. You could also replace a file that has the same name as the current file you have, like a picture named [ZACKMOON1234] featuring an eyeball spinning as the old file in the Wiki, and the new file I have is named [ZACKMOON1234] too but the image would be something else completely different so if I upload the picture, the new file would replace the old one but that's gone now

Also tried opening 79 pages worth of profiles/verses and I kid you not, Google Chrome really crashed on me after 20 seconds of all the tabs loading. I then decided to open 32 pages worth of profiles/verses and at first I could scroll around some of the profiles but then Google Chrome froze although I could remove all of the tabs after waiting for close to a minute. This update really be freezing my PC which could do the actions I did before (I have a GTX 1060 6GB for a Graphics Card)... Weird but I'll just avoid opening more than 3 tabs I guess.

Update really ruined my motivation to create more pages due to the old editing mode being gone since it was simple but fast and easy while this new editing mode is slow and hideous. Well we'll (or I'll) probably adapt to the changes I guess although a compromise is far better for us users

Last edited:
I do not know if it has been mentioned, but it appears some wikis, such as the Marvel and DC databases, are still able to load the old recent wiki activity format.

Well, maybe they use the function that Damage linked to? However, the problem is that our allotted wiki navigation bar sections are pretty full at this point, so I do not know where we should place a link to it.

@NoGround @AKM sama

Do you have any comments about this?

Okay. Thanks for the information.

If we install it, would you or some other Fandom staff member be able and willing to add a link to it under the "Explore" folder of the wiki navigation bar?

Okay. Thank you for helping out.

Is there a way to look up all discussions about a specific verse, character, or ability? Using this new website*

The blog post editor appears to be an incoherent mess in its visual editor.

The Ctrl + Z and Ctrl + Y functions haphazardly scramble paragraphs and make them entirely unrecoverable. I'm not entirely sure what's causing this but it's extremely annoying to make draft blogs now.

Yeah, cropping the image so that the character remains in the centre is how I fixed other galleries.

I was afraid that was the only answer...

Where I lack in debating skill, calculation skill, and general sense of what is and isn't an outlier; I make up for in absurd amounts of free time to do things like that.

I just want to mention that if anybody has problems with editing via the UCP system, please try some different settings, as there are 3 editing modes to choose from.

Here are the ones that work best for me:View attachment 42
Again, please try to use the above settings. They are what works by far best for me.

@NoGround do you have any further comments?

I reported the gallery issues to Fandom and they said they were working on it. So I've been lazy and not fixed them myself for verses I work on

Back