• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Discussing the validity of Genkai's 'small star' statement

What have the other staff members here said then? I personally also think that all of this seems unreliable.

I believe DDM also that he’s iffy in taking the statement at face value.

As for me? Shrugs Could just be a metaphor. After all, it’s a ball of spiritual energy. Buuuuuut the comparison is done for a reason. So, consider me neutral on this.

Well, I was leaning to agree that its not flowery/metaphor but seeing the calculation not yielding outlandish results, it supported it more but however when I saw you sending post of Japenese person in reddit evaluating it and based on these two comments
この小恒星のような - such as this miniaturized fixed star

この小恒星のようなエネルギーを受け入れるだけの器 A capacity that can take in the big energy such as This miniaturized fixed star
If you don't have a capacity that can take in the big energy such as this miniaturized fixed star, your body will become to be broken into small fragments. (Do you accept such a great risk?)

or

If you don't have a capacity enough to keep with your body and spirit as it is after you will take in the big energy such as this miniaturized fixed star, your body will become to be broken into small fragments. (Do you accept such a great risk?)
The big energy being called "the miniaturized star" through the word "this" instead of having energy of mini star as Viz translation implied just seems to tell me that Genkai calling ball of energy as miniature star is not literal comparison but rather just comparing it to tiny star due to its small size and being bright like a star, calling it mini star rather than say that it has energy of mini star like Viz translation which would be more viable.

With that, we can just take her statement as non literal comparison to mini star due to very basic properties(such as being small and being bright). Thats my view for this topic

Okay. Thank you for the information. Should I close this thread then?

Back