• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Disaster-prone geniuses with a dark secret in a civilization of sapient animals (Wagstaff vs Marcy)

Peppersalt43

They/Them
Last edited:
Wagstaff has a Thulecite Suit, a Ham Bat, a fire staff, and 5 Coconades
What do these do?

IDK what Wagstaff's combat experience is, nor what his physical activity is. But I do remember Marcy being shown to be fairly physically active & adept, & she kinda had some combat experience?

Wagstaff's AP justification for being Small Building Level says:
Small Building level with better equipment (Able to tank a considerable amount of hits from bosses capable of easily knocking down trees)
Low End: 2.41317*38000000 = 9.1700460e7 Joules, 0.022 Tons of TNT, Small Building level

High End: 16.27163 x 38000000 = 6.1832194e8 Joules, 0.148 Tons of TNT Small Building level+

Unsure which is used, but since his profile seems to lack a +, I presume that means he scales to the Low End.

Marcy in Small Building Level, according to the OP's linked calc is:

0.102 Tons of TNT (Small Building Level+)

0.102 / 0.022 = 4.6363636363636363636363636363636

If that's right, Marcy is not only the one who's more combat adept, but she has a significant AP advantage.
I dunno what Wagstaff's OP-specified Equipment does, but I sure hope it's helpful to him, lol.

IDK what Wagstaff's combat experience is
Mostly just fighting off armed soldiers
High End: 16.27163 x 38000000 = 6.1832194e8 Joules, 0.148 Tons of TNT Small Building level+
Actually he uses the high end since the feat was done rather casually (It took the aforementioned boss one hit to knock it down)
I dunno what Wagstaff's OP-specified Equipment does, but I sure hope it's helpful to him, lol.
The staff shoots fireballs, his suit just gives him the 9-A rating, the coconade is a grenade, and the Ham Bat does not degrade when used

Mostly just fighting off armed soldiers
Context? How he do it?
Actually he uses the high end since the feat was done rather casually (It took the aforementioned boss one hit to knock it down)
Then Wagstaff has an almost 50% AP Advantage, if I'm not mistaken. (Assuming Marcy only scales equally to Anne's bath bomb feat, & not below or above it. Anyone know how she scales to it?)
The staff shoots fireballs,
Range? Size? Limitations? Scans?
his suit just gives him the 9-A rating, the coconade is a grenade, and the Ham Bat does not degrade when used
Ham Bat is... a baseball bat? A what?

Scans might be helpful. No offense meant.

Range? Size? Limitations? Scans?

And the range is several meters based on the profiles
Ham Bat is... a baseball bat? A what?

Yes, you beat the shit out of people with meat
Yes, it is one of the stronger weapons in the game
Context? How he do it?
From fighting these dudes who have basic combat experience and can use a halberd properly

Also just a question, does Marcy's clumsiness hinder her in any way in combat? Because I might need to change something in Wagstaff's equipment if so

I don't remember how much her clumsiness hinders her. Been a while since I saw the episode where she was in fights.

It's mostly irrelevant, but she was clumsy enough that even her gem-powered form, in space, tripped over a rock. But I don't remember about base.

I don't remember how much her clumsiness hinders her. Been a while since I saw the episode where she was in fights.

It's mostly irrelevant, but she was clumsy enough that even her gem-powered form, in space, tripped over a rock. But I don't remember about base.
OK, and then what about the stuff I just told you?

Marcy's Standard Equipment lists Potions. Is anyone informed on what those Potions do?
Also, does anyone remember Marcy's combat experience?

It's been a while since I've seen her in battle, let alone given much thought to what her potions do; Not like she used them in her Gem-Powered form.

Onestly I don't know why you are using the soap bomb feat, considering that Amphibia has much better feats and also more straightforward in my opinion. Anyway, Marcy should have access to some basic spells and potion that she learned from Maggie, which seems to include transmutation. Also while Marcy is the weakest of the Trio, we have seen that humans in Amphibia, especially the three girls, are casually superhumans by our world standard, so she should take the physical stats imo, but I donìt know anything about Don't Starve, so I might be wrong

Honestly I don't know why you are using the soap bomb feat,
Problem is that's the only one that gives a usable AP for this match
transmutation
She can turn people to stone? And it's standard equipment? And does she start with it or uses it often in-character?
but I donìt know anything about Don't Starve, so I might be wrong
But what about skill. Also I still need the answer for the question I had
Also just a question, does Marcy's clumsiness hinder her in any way in combat? Because I might need to change something in Wagstaff's equipment if so

She can turn people to stone? And it's standard equipment? And does she start with it or uses it often in-character?
She never tried that because she learn it pretty late in the story, then all her other fights are against non living foes and then she gets stabbed and mind controlled, so she never had a chance to use it. But Maddie was able to transform peaple pretty easily, so Marcy should be able of the same. As for skills, she is considered smart enough to be a member of the Core, beat Andrias, a thousand year old king, at frog chess, build a bridge, fought pirates and beasts for three months, and is considered overall one of the smartest person in the series, probably in the top three

She never tried that because she learn it pretty late in the story, then all her other fights are against non living foes and then she gets stabbed and mind controlled, so she never had a chance to use it. But Maddie was able to transform peaple pretty easily, so Marcy should be able of the same. As for skills, she is considered smart enough to be a member of the Core, beat Andrias, a thousand year old king, at frog chess, build a bridge, fought pirates and beasts for three months, and is considered overall one of the smartest person in the series, probably in the top three
OK, hang on a sec

But Maddie
Wait, who was this?
As for skills, she is considered smart enough to be a member of the Core, beat Andrias, a thousand year old king, at frog chess, build a bridge, fought pirates and beasts for three months, and is considered overall one of the smartest person in the series, probably in the top three
OK then, Wagstaff's intelligence feats are mostly in his intelligence section. Most importantly in those feats are being able to deduce the origins of a creature with shrouded nature and outsmarting a person who regularly tricks people with average or above average intelligence. Oh, and being able to create a functioning AI.

For combat, he mostly just fights off giant monsters and the police

Also, the thing I changed was giving Wagstaff one of his glasses since he can't see without one

I don't remember Marcy's skill feats, unfortunately, so can't vote AtM.

Also, it may help thread readability to delete some of the bumps.

Also, it may help thread readability to delete some of the bumps.
Done. Also don't worry, @De6DimensionalDream listed her skill feats here

Marcy's feats are impressive, & I don't know Wagstaff that well. If you're going to ask me to vote/participate, I'll tentatively vote Marcy for now. She's decently agile, notably equipment, & has some decent equipment.

Back