• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Right. Just gonna post main things for Dexion.

• Teleportation/Portal spam. In combat he mainly deploys Dimension Door, opening a portal from him to the target so he can hit them a bunch by surprise, close the portal, rinse and repeat. In a dire situation, Dexion uses his Guardian Ring to teleport to Guardian City, rest and recuperate, then come back.
  • Smoke. Dexion abuses his enhanced senses and smoke to deter the eyesight of enemies. This smoke emits from his Eversmoking Pipe and deters all known visual forms of enhanced senses, up to and including Truesight. Hearing is a potential counter.
  • Telekinesis. Not spammed hugely in character but is a last resort. Used to hold a target in place preventing their movement.
  • Vampirism. His attacks heal him.
  • Finally, forcefields. Physical damage is absorbed by his armor (magic), and has legitimate forcefields in the way of Mage Armor.
Should also note that spatial intangibility is negged by the lore of magic weapons I only just recently learned about. Magic weapons exist in multiple realities, hitting them in different realms.

The only things that really worries me since all the others can be dealt with are Forcefields and Teleport. So his armor makes him completely immune to all forms of physical impact even if they are way stronger than he is? In that case, that can spell the end of the match right away, the fact that there are actual forcefields is bad too. Teleportation can be hard for Wayne to deal with because he would have to use his 6th Sense (which goes through the Smoke stuff) to locate the constant spam and then try to attack back with Mirage Image... or he can just stop/slow time universally and SpaceDuraNegate Dex

before we continue I should explain how lethal strikes like Vorpal Strike from swords don't work on ORW characters. Canonically, what happens if someone gets stabbed or something aren't impaled but pushed back instead, it's explained that Energy of an object (not just a living being) can "move" to the location being struck without consent of said object. The resulting effect is that the stabby weapon thing more of just bounces off instead of impales, like how a common kitchen knife would bounce off a rock if struck. (Btw, Energy is NOT supernatural, it's just something that inhabits everything and therefore is "normal")

Smashtwig said:
The only things that really worries me since all the others can be dealt with are Forcefields and Teleport. So his armor makes him completely immune to all forms of physical impact even if they are way stronger than he is? In that case, that can spell the end of the match right away, the fact that there are actual forcefields is bad too. Teleportation can be hard for Wayne to deal with because he would have to use his 6th Sense (which goes through the Smoke stuff) to locate the constant spam and then try to attack back with Mirage Image... or he can just stop/slow time universally and SpaceDuraNegate Dex
Not quite. The armor renders a fair percentage (over 50%) of physical damage moot. Dexion and all D&D resists time hax. Other than that, fair game, though further elaboration on how it works would be appreciated.

Also, a vorpal blade is decapitation. The sword guides itself to the lethal target of the foe.

So Time Hax is a rip in the chat, shoulda told me first before the match started. Vorpal Blade still won't work regardless due to the above explaination, whether if it's the neck, the chest, or whatever. Wayne still has his Magnet Shield to block a lot of attacks from all directions, especially electrical ones, so it's gonna be hard for Dex to land a really good hit. If Wayne lands a Spellbinding Fist (NOT magic) or an Ice Shot from his TES it can spell out major damage and potentially the win.

I mean I did, I said spacetime stuff was probably negged. It should be noted Dexion's attacks are magical and aren't really under rules of magnetism. Dexion's own Magic Missile (a far stronger variant of the original) is one of his normal attacks he uses.

Describe ice shot. Also...

> Spellbinding Fist

> Not magical

okay but why

I'd also point out that Dexion does use teleportation to leave the battlefield, recuperate (takes 8 hours) and then come back.

Space-time or just Time Manip? There's a pretty big difference there for this match.

Ice Shot is basically a normal shot from his gun, but encases the enemy in ice and renders them immobile. If freezing doesn't work, a Shock Shot can also stun and slow down the enemy significantly.

Giving Adult Wayne 8 hours of super ultra big brain omega planning time ain't the best idea, by the time Dex comes back Wing would probably have a concrete plan to trap his enemy from teleporting and hit him for major damage. If he goes away again it'd be pointless since that will give more planning time

Time stop in general he resists.

Right. He'd resist being frozen.

It's the same with Dexion boyo and you had me scared for a minute that you put prep time in the OP. In D&D you can access planes of existence where time is stretched to 100x-1000x slower speeds- meaning 8 hours of prep time is suddenly 8000, nearly a year, and you'd be giving that to a guy who can talk to a nearly omniscient god on the daily because he's buds with him. For reference, the eight hours, to Wayne, would seem like 0.008 hours (assuming Dexion abuses time stuff), or just above 45 seconds.

Of course he resists ice. Can I just have a list of what a DND boi resists before I make a match next time.

That information is given just now... I'mma go a restrict that because that's pretty much free prep time (with the help of an Omniscient) and healing for one side my guy.

Okay, unless he resists that too, Shock Shot would replace the Freeze Shot. Wayne can heal himself by shooting himself with Pink Healer. Attacks from different angles can be guarded with Mirage Avatar aganist with Extrasensory Perception/6th Sense, regardless of smoke or not. Since Time Manip specifically is resisted, SpaceDuraNegate still works, so if Dex gets immobilized it's a lotta damage. Wayne's own teleportation can help a lot to get a good immobilizing move off too. I'm guessing Fear Hax is resisted, so that can't be immobilized. His EM Weapons have some extent of DuraNegate too if Space stuff is resisted too...

Tbh it would be quicker to list what he doesn't resist since D&D resists practically everything from the get go, up to and including Fate Hax, Reality Warping, and Causality Hax.

Remind yourself that all of these actions Wayne is taking are going on while Dexion is berating him abusing Portal + Distance.

And yes, Fear Hax is resisted, as is Space Manip based on the ability to not get 4e'd by "lawl I bend time and space and now my sword is inside of u gg nerd". Typical dura negging is fine I s'pose.

Also I'm unsure of the allowance for restricting abilities and getting them added. If you think this is a stomp feel free to close, wouldn't want to add a match in bad blood or anything.

This is a vastly incomplete list of resistances

As it stands, it covers like, up to level 4 or 5 spells.

Out of the like 31 levels spells can go up to

400+ levels.

Dragon Magazine has done crazy shit up to and including releasing a spell of level 428 (I think).

Granted at that point if you resist it you're essentially the strongest character in the verse but still.

>400+ levels

Math
TOO FORKING MANY FOR MY 4E MAX OUT AT 30 OR SO BRAIN TO HANDDLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

For one thing, I'm fairly confident that Wayne can pull off getting a hit with his own Teleportation and pure marksmanship, it's not like he don't have range either (if he lands something it's a lotta damage). I'm even more certain that he can defend against all of the attacks Dex is throwing out too.

"And yes, Fear Hax is resisted, as is Space Manip based on the ability to not get 4e'd by "lawl I bend time and space and now my sword is inside of u gg nerd". Typical dura negging is fine I s'pose."

Space Hax Resist wasn't on the list but okay, but what the fork is a "4e'd" for an explanation?

4e is an addition that is perfectly fine and also has ludicrous hax

like 2-A mindhax as a level 3

So 4e = yeah just cuz basically right? That's a big oof.

Being abused by range won't be a problem since Wayne does that himself, though he'll eventually be pressured to try and make a plan to get close enough for his Mirage Avatar do deal heavy damage, using the environment to his advantage

If it helps we (my table) doesn't have hax on the level of 4e, but we do have the same abilities to a lesser scale. Basically.

As for 4e- bad edition of the game that added a lot of lore elements, up to and including context for powers that allowed Reality Warping, Nonexistent Physiology, etc at level 1.

okay

Dex's main advantage is that his teleport is more abusable than Wayne's own, so he can just teleport all over and while Wayne can use his own teleport to keep up, he'll need to come up with a plan (which he can do with ExtraGenius, it's his main thing) to get in close and use DuraNegate EM Weapons or Mirage Avatar. Dex also resists everything in existence so all Wayne can really rely on is his AP at this point, along with a little Shock Shot and that's really it. I think Wayne can do it, it'll just be pretty difficult.

Can Dex even get past magnet shields, though?

They're passive and omnidirectional, and require a specific, extreme heat to bypass.

Heat wise, yeah, that's just fire manip he has. Depending on the magnet shit though, could be a big fat no. Man's covered in armor, not exactly an easy way to resist magnets.

To get through that thing, you'd need heat so potent it literally cooks someone's insides... without contact.

I don't think basic fireballs quite get to that standard

Er. I'd point out that the fire is superior to Incineration which vaporizes people but that's just unquantifiably superior.

Also they aren't fireballs. It's a sword wreathed in fire.

Still though, it requires contact to actually do anything against comparable opponents, right? That stuff burns the insides of people with a bit higher AP then what Dexion can output. I mean, I'll bet a bottom dollar or two that Wayne's standard fire attacks bounced off his future self all the same, but, Smashtwig would have to specify such a detail.

Epic Magnet Nerd time

There's a few ways to get past the MagneWatch:

1. Sheer Force. The Magnet Shield diverts things away, but if the attack is too strong or too fast, the magnetic field won't be able to divert away the attack in time or too weak to divert it. The shield can handle up to 1.5x Wayne's AP. Plus if the attack was somewhat stronger than that threshold, it'd still reduce enough damage for Wayne to be able to withstand the blow with his arms

2. Extreme Heat. A permanent magnet looses it's magnetic properties when it is heated to the Curie Point: 570 ┬░C (1,060 ┬░F), at least for common magnetic material. Considering that Adult Wayne is from a completely advanced future in a city that pioneers the latest of exponentially growing technology, his MagneWatch's magnet can resist heat that is enough to vaporize the most common metal on the city, titanium. In addition, it has cooling functions as well, so it'll be hard to get past it with flames. Wayne had to use his most superheated technique, Heat Lance to even disable it for a couple of turns (each turn is 30 seconds I think), though using Deity Flare helped disable it for a much longer time

3. Magic Based Attacks. If they aren't made out of matter with ANY type of electrical charge, then they are perfectly viable to get through the shield.

4. Ways of changing/stopping the magnetic field will work as well, Type 2 Telekinesis, Spatial Manipulation, or Vector Manipulation can potentially shift the vector field to be ineffective. Time Stop can just make the field stop working since it is a vector field that requires time to be continuously moving.

5. Extremely accurate Matter Manipulation: The MagneWatch attempts to make sure electrical particles move to create a magnetic field, if one can forcefully stop the electrical particles from moving, then a magnetic field will cease to exist, though an Electric Field will still exist, that's half the effectiveness of the shield gone. Same can be done with Absolute Zero

6. Technology Manipulation. It's a MagneWatch and therefore technology

7. Big Brains: The MagneWatch is activated manually to prevent accidents of it. Because of this, the biggest weakness of the MagneWatch is that while mind/brainwave activated it's still manual, sneak attacks can and will work if Wayne didn't have 6th Sense to see 360 degrees, though if the incoming attack was fast enough, it can still hit before Wayne can activate it. Timesight only really works for Wayne's eyes, so while he does have Timespeed to keep up, attacks from unexpected angles and not in his line of sight are more likely to land. The MagneWatch is while Omnidirectional, emitted from the wristwatch itself, so it's not super guaranteed to cover everything all at once, though this can be changed to simply always keep the watch near Wayne's chest or something.

8. Area of Effect: The MagneWatch won't protect Wayne well against things that aren't condensed with enough charged particles. Example, a toxic smoke cloud isn't as dense with charged particles as a flying rock, the rock would be blocked since it's field is strong enough to be repelled with the magnetic field, but the gas cloud's field is much less existent, so it's not as interactable

This is probably incon

Neither can actually hit the other.

well then... Dex is in Tourney... Ethan may be able to beat Wayne but uh... not sure if he can beat Dex with just pure speed amps

Dex wasn't officially accepted, and even if he was accepted whenever Usernown gets back to it, he'd have portal forkery restricted.

I'd point out that after sword portal fuckery stops working Dex does have his good ole homing missiles for a ranged fight.

But that's kind of disregarding Wayne's long range capabilities, he's primarily a Long-Mid range character anyways. So it isn't gonna be easy hitting him from afar.

I mean. Dexion's Magic Missile has exactly 2x the range of a typical magic missile. At his level (38) he'd have a range of 860 feet, or just under 300 meters.

okay, I don't have the exact range on Wayne's weapons, but in short if he can see an object, he can shoot it, no matter how far in sight the object is. The projectiles actually go further than hundreds of meters but since it's out of Wayne's eyesight he can't really hit anything accurately out of the hundreds of meters range

so I don't think range is gonna work well for Dex either, Wayne can definitely hit Dex with enough tries but not enough to really take the victory

It should be noted that all magic missiles penetrate physical/energy/magic/etc and home.

In verse they kinda suck since low damage but

Dexion's is sort of an upgrade.

Thankfully Wayne has his Dragon Buster handgun. It fires Astral Energy which if you remember, negates bypassing/penetration, nullification, and Negation. In other words, the Magic Missile would cancel out with it's shots, though others wouldn't.

Back