• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Destroying forests

So i'm curious to know about how much energy can drstroying a forest or part of it give off with calculacions, like variations and etc.

Are there accepted forest leveling calcs? And are the destroyed trees added at the final result?

Its variable, as forests do not have an standard area; plus, simply "destroying a forest" as statement doesn't say much, as its possible to do so being 9-B and given time, pr hax and/or AoE.

The AoE part was what i had in mind, and the standard area too.

So is necessary to use informations or pixel scaling to get the area of the forest?

Besides the crater that would result after the explosion, does the number of trees, if given one, also adds to the final tally, in some way?

In fact, are there known profiles that got their AP based on destroying a forest in a single go?

Burning forests with fire often depend on timeframe and size of the force. But stuff like kicking down a forest, that can also be case by case. Chun-Li was calculated at Low 7-C based on a hurricane kick that destroyed a forest.

If an area was destroyed either by an explosion or simply left a crater and is not prerformed by a hax (like Void Manipulation), then you would need to calculate the radius of the explosion or the destroyed volume.

Yes, the trees also add to the total volume (but it uses a different value), but if the crater is too big then the mass of trees is negligible; if its an explosion, then is not necessary, as its already covered by the overpressure at certain distance.

Last but not least, how can we find the joules per cubic meter for puverization or vaporization etc for stuff like dirt or wood or the such?

Are there sites that have tjose informations or what?

If its not within the wiki's informative blogs, you would need to look for it. Pulverization uses Compressive Strength of the material for example, but I think lower values are being evaluated right now, I'm not as aware since I left the calc group.

Back