• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deoxys (Pokemon) VS The Hunter (Monster Hunter)

Another Pokemon VS Monster Hunter!? But seriously, I love them both. The Hunter decides to take the most dangerous mission ever; Hunting Deoxys!

This is G-Rank Hunter, and assuming the 5-C one. Hunter has access to his strongest equipment and best items, all maxed out. Deoxys is bloodlusted. Deoxys starts out in his Normal Forme, but can freely change forms to suit the situation in battle. They fight on a mountain. A very tall one.

No Super Mystery Dungeon feats for Deoxys. Frontier feats allowed for MH.

Will the hunter be hunted? Or will the hunter catch the alien off guard and claim his prize?

Deoxys
Monster hunter 4 ultimate character

He gets the best equipment and full stocks of items, but aside from that nothing else. Speed is unequalized too.

Anyways;

Deoxys - 1

MH - 1

Lasatar said:
Hmm. I'll need time to think on this one...
That's fine. I just hope it isn't a stomp, so in my fear I decided to give MH all items at max and his best equipment. For Deoxys side, I allowed him to change forms mid-fight. Take your time for arguments. For now, it's still one vote for each side.

Well, after consideration, I have decided to put the vote with Monster Hunter. They have access to their strongest equipment, which means stuff from Frontier. Disufiroa is actually stronger than White Fatalis, meaning that if the Hunter can kill a Disufiroa, they must be, 5-C+ or something? After that, they can use the Disufiroa equipment (probably the ultra broken Tonfas) in addition to their own skills. Factor in items, and I think that the hunter just takes this. Not to mention that Disufiroa equipment comes with the Frozen sepharim element, which combines Fire, Ice, and Dragon. I believe that the hunter has this.

Now that that's out of the way, I feel that we should add a profile for Disufiroa and the other CWMs to show just how powerful MH is.

Okay then, thanks Lasatar. You're the guy to approach when it comes to MH. :)

But personally, I'm voting for Deoxys due to his speed advantage, variable forms, formidable psychic powers, and the fact that Deoxys' regen is High according to his profile, which is "Able to regenerate from a single atom/molecule/particle". That alone should make Deoxys outlast the MH despite his many items and powerful weapons.

This Disufiroa is stronger than White Fatty!? Wow, and I thought White Fatty was the strongest in Monster Hunter.. (And he was my favorite!) But then again, Deoxys is "At least 5-C", so Disufiroa and Deoxys might be equal.

Deoxys - 2 (Including mine)

MH - 2

Tie for now. Anyone else?

Don't rely on me too much. I'm just stating what I know. (It does feel like I'm the only one around this wiki making MH pages though).

After some more consideration, I think that the normal hunter and frontier hunter should be listed separately in its profile. Otherwise, we'll get nowhere. Normal hunter loses (barely), while frontier hunter wins (with moderate difficulty).

Lasatar said:
After some more consideration, I think that the normal hunter and frontier hunter should be listed separately in its profile. Otherwise, we'll get nowhere. Normal hunter loses (barely), while frontier hunter wins (with moderate difficulty).
So then:

Deoxys - 3

MH (Non-frontier) - 1

Looks like Deoxys is in the lead now.

Also, how does Frontier hunter win with moderate diffuculty against Deoxys? Deoxys' Moon level is only his minimum, so even against Disufiroa or Frontier MH, their power would still be equal. Remember, Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre are Moon level, and Base Ray is stronger than the two combined. Mega Ray is hella stronger than Base Ray, and Deoxys matched Mega Ray. If anything, it could be a tie, when bringing in Frontier feats and excluding SMD.

"Even against Disufiroa, their power would be equal"

Reminder that Frontier Hunter can fight Disufiroa without the best equipment in the game, and still win. I would dread to think what they could do with the best stuff.

Lasatar said:
"Even against Disufiroa, their power would be equal"
Reminder that Frontier Hunter can fight Disufiroa without the best equipment in the game, and still win. I would dread to think what they could do with the best stuff.
Well I dread to think that Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre is weaker than Base Ray, and Mega Ray is stronger than Base Ray. Then there's Deoxys, who can match Mega Ray. And remember, P.Groudon and P.Kyogre are solid Moon level, so imagine how strong Deoxys could be. I actually think P.Groudon is equal to White Fatty, then Base Ray is equal to Disufiroa. So Deoxys and Mega Ray could be stronger than Disufiroa, thus equal, is not stronger, to F. Hunter with best everything.

So even if Frontier Hunter had his best equipment, he'll still be even, if not weaker, to Deoxys. Just sayin'.

Might as well add Frontier feats to the OP.

Powerscaling via in-game statistics? I'm pretty sure that we shouldn't be doing that. Even so, you fail to take into account the powerscaling of Monster Hunter. White Fatalis is strongest DFCM, hands down, but it isn't a CWM. in Frontier, a buffed version of regular Fatalis is one of the weaker CWM, but that is still stronger than White Fatalis. After that, in order of power, you have a buffed Crimson Fatalis, the Unknown wyvern, Shantien, and then Finally Disufiroa. Not to mention that the Hunter can take out all of these without the best equipment. We also know that a buffed White Fatalis is bound to happen at some point, and the hunter will defininitely be able to take that down. Therefore, frontier hunter is stronger than Deoxys.

Lasatar said:
Powerscaling via in-game statistics? I'm pretty sure that we shouldn't be doing that. Even so, you fail to take into account the powerscaling of Monster Hunter. White Fatalis is strongest DFCM, hands down, but it isn't a CWM. in Frontier, a buffed version of regular Fatalis is one of the weaker CWM, but that is still stronger than White Fatalis. After that, in order of power, you have a buffed Crimson Fatalis, the Unknown wyvern, Shantien, and then Finally Disufiroa. Not to mention that the Hunter can take out all of these without the best equipment. We also know that a buffed White Fatalis is bound to happen at some point, and the hunter will defininitely be able to take that down. Therefore, frontier hunter is stronger than Deoxys.
It's not "in-game" statistics. Actually by that logic, P. Groudon and P. Kyogre have higher Base Stat Total than Base Ray, so the Primals would actually be stronger than Base Ray. I'm just stating the in-game events, which are canon.

Ray, without Mega, managed to stop the two Primals. That's a fact. And oh, that same Ray needed to Mega evolve just to take down Deoxys.

Does Deoxys get access to TM Moves? I mean, Protect is only available to Deoxys via TM, and if that's allowed:

Deoxys could land a Power-Up Punch and instantly gain a 50% power increase (which could stack up to a 300% power increase), then spam-use extremespeed The Hunter into oblivion?

Deoxys could use Psych Up and copy the armor skills? (at least the ones that boost stats, like Attack Up XL, and not like, Cold Res, for example)

Deoxys would have access to Telekinesis (the move), which would make its next three attacks completely unavoidable, however, they could still be blocked. (that's some good PU Punch right there imo)

Maybe Deoxys could even have access to Tutor Moves? It could have some real fun with those!

It could use Trick and switch whatever item it might have with The Hunter's weapon (such as a Flame Orb that it definitely wouldn't have in an encounter like this, or even some grass cuttings it decides to pick up for this maneuver [a Volbeat used Trick to switch its berry with the Blue Orb in the manga, which wasn't a held item until Gen VI, implying that Trick can be used to give and take things that are not specifically held items, such as grass cuttings, so please don't yell at me]), now Deoxys is flying around with a greatsword or a bowgun or something- that actually sounds really cool....

Or it could use a combination of Detect and Snatch (although Detect will fail if used too many times in short duration), to see if The Hunter is about to use an item, for example, they go for a Mega Amorskin, Demondrug or even a Potion to heal themselves, and Deoxys snatches the effect, gaining the boost/heals while The Hunter just wasted their item.

It could even use Knock Off to force them to lose their weapon? (hell, that's a level up move, and it would definitely have access to it)

ShinyMagicalGirl said:
Ray, without Mega, managed to stop the two Primals. That's a fact. And oh, that same Ray needed to Mega evolve just to take down Deoxys.
It's not really Rayquaza "needing" to Mega, so much as it already being Mega'd when the fight started, without choice, and gets one-shotted half the time anyway (only because Deoxys is like, 10 levels higher by default).

@QuinteeJr I believe we only use naturally learned moves to determine a Pokemons potential moveset. So no tutors, TMs/HMs, Egg Moves etc. I may be wrong (TheMightyRegulator is our Pokemon authority on here).

Not really sure how the Monster Hunter will deal with Deoxys' speed, teleportation, precognition, psychic abilities, and absurd Regenerationn.

So, should Protect, Reflect, Light Screen, and Giga Impact be removed from its notable moves?

Movie Deoxys knew Protect, and manga Doexys had Skill Swap...

Deoxys learns Snatch as level up in it's normal or defense formes at lv 37? I thought that was only tutor...

37​
Snatch

Dark
^^From Bulbapedia, if anyone couldn't tell.

Hey, the OP of the thread here. So should I put whether Deoxys gets all those moves in the OP? Or it is forbidden no matter what? I can just put in the rule "Deoxys has access to ALL his moves", or something.

Looking at both profiles, I'll have to hand it to Deoxys with mid to high difficulty.

Deoxys has too much versatility; defensive moves in protect, double team, reflect/light screen, safeguard, and iron defense. Precognition, magnetic force manipulation, etc.

I looked and looked at both Profiles. Sorry, but this is kinda a stomp. Due to Deoxys's INSANE regen, and Psychic Powers, and different formes, and could match MEGA RAYQAUZA in a battle, This is a no brainer. I mean the Monster hunter even with all his Weapons, Is no match.

Hope you see.

Back