• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon King of Tyranny VS The Sword Saint(Anos Voldigoad VS Reinhard van Astrea)

latest
VS
latest

-Both are in Character
-Reinhard is able to use Dragon Sword Reid from the start because Anos is recognized as a worthy opponent
-The only sword that Anos has access to in this fight is The Sword of the Almighty Levine Girma

Not knowledgeable about Reinhard, but... what can he do against Anos' passive shit, and what can he do against the massive ap difference?

Reinhard is the most OP character in the entirety of Re: Zero. The core of the Re: Zero world, Od Lagna, has granted him over 100 divine blessings. Some of which are, Arrow Avoidance: Projectiles and long-distance attacks can not hit him. First Attack Immunity: The first time an attack is performed at Reinhard, he automatically dodges regardless of his awareness of the attack. Proceeding Attack Immunity: The second attack and all following attacks miss him, as he automatically dodges them. He also has multiple elemental resistances, where all types of elemental attacks have an 80% reduction of damage against him. One such example of this is, Fire Avoidance: 80% reduction from fire damage. Blessing of the Phoenix: Upon death, he comes back to life in perfect condition. This can only be used once, but with another divine blessing of his, he can wish for this divine blessing back.

Furthermore, on top of everything I mentioned, Reinhard had always possessed an immense talent for swordsmanship, and upon receiving the "Sword Saint" blessing, his swordsmanship was maxed out while also acquiring perfect battle instincts. Reinhard's personal weapon, Dragon Sword Reid, is by far the most powerful weapon in Re: Zero, and only the current generation of Sword Saint is allowed to wield it. With a single swing of this sword, Reinhard is described to have simultaneously brought about the destruction of the world while recreating it anew at the same time("the destruction of the world" line is up to interpretation, I'm pretty sure he only destroyed everything that was within a large radius of him). Simply put, Reinhard has a ton of broken(OP) divine blessings that can make him more than a match for Anos, and on top of that, his sword boasts huge destructive power. Of course, it probably is possible for Anos to bypass some(if not all) of Reinhard's divine blessings with his own Demon Eyes of Destruction, but even if he can do that, Reinhard possesses a divine blessing where he can wish for a divine blessing back, or for a new one altogether. That being said, Reinhard can't wish for a divine blessing that doesn't exist. For example, he can't wish for a divine blessing to, "Beat Anos" because such a thing doesn't exist.

In terms of raw physical strength, Reinhard is most likely comparable to Anos. In terms of speed, he can keep up with Anos. As someone with undeniably perfect swordsmanship technique, he's most likely a slightly better swordsman than Anos. His ultimate weapon, Dragon Sword Reid, has high enough destructive power to compete with some of Anos' spells. If you add all of his divine blessings on top of this, he makes a great opponent for Anos. Hence why I started this thread in the first place.

Right, he has op shit, but... what can he do against Anos' Mid-Godly Regeneration? Even if reinhard "somehow" destroyed his body, Anos would simply regenerate.

Also, Reinhard is DEFINITELY not comparable to Anos in terms of AP. Anos is sitting comfortably at Large Planet Level rating, making him thousands of times stronger than Reinhard, who is merely Mountain Level.

Anos only has two spells with an AP of Large Planet(and above) level, his Extreme Hell Destruction Ash Demon Mortar <Egil Grone Angdroa>, and his Nirvana Seven Steps Conqueror <Gili Eliam Naviem>. The AP for the spells he normally uses would be around City level(This is just my approximation based off of what I've read in the WN-his full-power Black Storm Thunder Emperor Jirasudo would be the perfect example of this), all the way up to Country level(It's been confirmed that he burned the entire country of Dilhaide with a single Jio Graze he fired off while half-asleep). As I stated that both participants are in character, Anos wouldn't start off the match with his world-destroying spells, as he wouldn't think it necessary. Reinhard's AP is stated to be mountain level, but it's also stated to be higher with Dragon Sword Reid. We haven't seen the full extent of Dragon Sword Reid's power, as a single swing from it effortlessly destroyed a mountain-durability threat, alongside the environment around it while creating over the destruction anew. We can assume that Reinhard with the Dragon Sword Reid drawn has a much higher AP than what's listed, and I believe that's enough for him to compete with the AP that the usual Anos outputs. Reinhard would have a hard time bypassing Anos' Mid-Godly Regeneration, but Anos would also have trouble with perma-killing Reinhard, as even if Reinhard is killed, his Blessing of the Phoenix would allow him to come back to life.

Anos literally glares at him and he's gone dude. He's on a different level that Re:Zero will likely never reach.

The only thing remotely helpful here is his type 8...

Anos' usual AP
As shown above in that link, that's the amount of power a fairly serious Anos normally uses. Granted, he was holding back a bit as his intention wasn't to kill Ray(for good), however, I think it's a pretty accurate display of his usual AP. With the amount of AP that Reinhard is able to output with Dragon Sword Reid, he would undoubtedly be able to fight on-par with Anos, as long as Anos doesn't use his two spells with Large Planet(and above) AP. Anos at base power isn't 5-A level, only his two world-destroying spells are(which are 5-A and above).

His eyes deconstruct matter, no?

Reinhard doesn't resist that. And even if he did Anos has tons of other had that easily win the battle.

Also, that AP thing you mention is a bit weird, why would we rate him and use him in death matches assuming he is holding back?

Anos one shots as well

Anos literally glares at him and he's gone dude. He's on a different level that Re:Zero will likely never reach.
Given the various powerful authorities that we've seen in Re: Zero, I feel that it'd be inaccurate to say that Anos is completely head & shoulders over the Re: Zero verse. On top of that, you have characters like Puck, who is powerful enough to destroy the world, and Reinhard one-shot him. Satella, the most powerful villain(more powerful than Puck, who can destroy the world) in the series(as of yet) consumed half the world with her shadows, and was about to consume the entire world if not for the efforts of the Dragon, Sword Saint, and Sage. The author confirmed that Reinhard is the most powerful character in the series, more powerful than even Satella(someone who could've easily destroyed the entire world), so I think it's fair to assume that he could fight against Anos, someone with enough power to destroy the world(granted, Anos is many times more powerful than Satella). In any case, I had both participants to be in character, as Reinhard would be able to pull out Dragon Sword Reid, he would've easily recognized Anos as a threat and go all-out from the beginning while Anos would be holding back.

Yeah, but the Hax. Anos is one of the most haxxed characters in his tier. With just his eyes he can disintegrate Reinhard and be done with it.

I think Re: Zero is quite powerful, but no where near the level of maou as it stands right now.

Also, you need to take into consideration that not only is the Re: Zero world much smaller than Earth, but the characters you mention require long periods of time to destroy it.

I'm not going to deny that Anos is one of the most haxxed characters in his tier. Overall, I feel that the power level in the Maou Gakuin verse trumps that of the Re: Zero verse. I certainly do feel that Anos has the advantage in this fight. However, I also feel that people aren't giving Reinhard enough credit for how powerful he is. Even though Anos' AP trumps that of Reinhard's(with Dragon Sword Reid drawn) AP, I still feel that Reinhard is at least comparable to Anos. When you take into account that Reinhard almost has a divine blessing for everything, that's where you really see how Reinhard could put up a fight against Anos.

Also, in regards to Anos' Demon Eyes of Destruction, he doesn't have a single feat in regards to disintegrating someone with his eyes, even in the latest chapters of the WN(Ch 635). His eyes can destroy stopped time, magic, some conceptual abilities, and otherwise, but they can't(or at least, have never) destroyed someone physically. Also, given the nature of Reinhard's many divine blessings, he probably has some form of protection against whatever Anos' eyes can do, but whether they actually trump the power of Anos' eyes is a different matter entirely. Even if Anos uses his eyes to destroy one of Reinhard's broken(OP) divine blessings, Reinhard could wish for that divine blessing back right after.

Since your likely new to this site, I suppose you don't know that you can't really just assume things like that (Reinhard's sword being comparable to Anos' in power, when it has absolutely no feats even close). So, yeah, by those rules Anos one shots no matter what.

And, sure you could argue that Reinhard could wish divine blessings to resist Anos' stuff... But it's unknown whether or not such blessings exist and for that reason isn't applicable in the fight.

Btw couldn't Anos destroy Od Laguna?

Here's my reasoning: In a previous post on this thread I provided a link to a chapter where Anos was fighting against Ray. The amount of power that Anos normally uses against those he deems as fairly powerful enemies is the same amount of power that he used against Ray in that fight. Anos and Ray were fighting in the middle of a huge forest, and with each clash of their powers, the very ground beneath their feat was destroyed while the many trees in their surroundings were easily blown away. As Anos is in-character, this is the amount of power he would use against someone like Reinhard, someone he would deem as a fairly powerful enemy. When I say that Reinhard has power comparable to Anos, I'm talking about the in-character Anos that is using the same amount of power that he used against Ray. To be fair, one can only assume that Anos was only using around 70% of his normal power against Ray, and it wouldn't be out of character for Anos to turn the notch up all the way up to 100%(His world-destroying spells are far above his normal 100%, so they WOULD be out of character) against Reinhard. Even so, with what we've seen of Reinhard casually one-shotting Puck and simultaneously destroying everything in the vicinity while creating anew with a single swing of his sword, we can only assume that Dragon Sword Reid is even more powerful than that. Even if it wasn't, the amount of power used to one-shot Puck should be enough to put up a good fight against Anos.

Keep in mind, I'm not actively trying to claim which character would win over the other right now. I just feel that, for as OP as Reinhard is, he isn't really being recognized as such, and so this thread is slowly growing stale with an automatic stomp in Anos' favor. I'm keenly aware on just how OP Anos is, I just want people to know that Reinhard is pretty OP himself as well. I only continue to argue with support on Reinhard's side because most people seem to be more aware of how Anos' abilities/powers functions rather than Reinhard's. As of right now, I'm not favoring one character's victory over the other, I'm simply genuinely curious on who the vast majority of people think would win this fight. I have no problem with this being a stomp in Anos' favor, if that turns out to be the outcome, as long as people are also aware of Reinhard's abilities and taking that into account before making their decision.

Bruh why you keep ignoring the moon feat, Anos literally has a 5-A calc. A calc. Lee Guneas doesnt increase his strength, and he still moved the moon. Thats a 5-A feat for his AP.

Reinhard cant bypass the regen. Cant close the AP gap. His immortalities is the only thing that can help him and thats to turn this into an incon at best. This match cant work

Well, I'll accept that Reinhard gets stomped this match.

I was trying to spice up the match a bit, but with this overwhelming favor on Anos' side, it would be foolish of me to continue with how things are.

One last thing, by no means did I think that Reinhard was stronger than Anos. I just thought that, given that both were in-character, Reinhard would be going all-out as soon as he was able to pull out Dragon Sword Reid while Anos would've casually tested out how powerful Reinhard was. While Reinhard isn't more powerful than Anos, he should be strong enough to damage Anos, and he has a divine blessing for basically everything out there.

Regardless, this match is a win in Anos' favor. I'll come back with a more fair match for Anos (real) soon.

Divine protections aren't the be all end all, it just gives utility type stuff, ie his first attack immunity and proceeding attack immunity isn't some broken causality manipulation, it just gives him instinctive reaction, and precog to dodge stuff he isn't aware of the first time it happens and reactive power level so next time, he dodges even faster.

Authorities are what's op.

Back