• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I'm not really super into the matchup, you should be warned that just like Wolverine's claws, Cap's shield has AP and durability that can be placed waaay above his usual weight class. Planet level could arguably be considered weaker than the shield by Death Battle standards
Eh, by only his shield wouldn't be enough at all, now Capt. America will get folded into oblivion like a nugget factory creation

Now wait a minute

2D Sprite Animator contract

Lead 3D animator contract

So that one got filled but the lead 3D animator hasn't
So 3D animators are still on demand.

And unlike 2D sprite animators this would require actual 3D animation software talents.

Poor thing is: that 3D animators can be expensive and Rooster Teeth is unwilling to pay much. This is aside from considering how the atmosphere of Rooster Teeth is not the best to work in (I mean, some old staff members are leaving for anything slightly higher - or even nothing)

Good thing to Rooster Teeth is: (bad news to animators) AI animation is growing really fast.

******* seriously

Are there not any 3D animator's out there? Or is it the RT fuckery keeping them away
Likely the latter. That, and 3D animation is a much broader field than pixel animations; I find it hard to imagine that many places are still hiring pixel animators for anything that isn't a video game (and even then, 3D animation in video games is just as, if not more widespread these days).

Likely the latter. That, and 3D animation is a much broader field than pixel animations; I find it hard to imagine that many places are still hiring pixel animators for anything that isn't a video game (and even then, 3D animation in video games is just as, if not more widespread these days).
I just find weird surely there has to be that one 3D animator out there that can look at this to gain clout for a couple of years before moving on

The fact the sprite Animator position was filled quicker than that is something

Especially when the team needs HtH 3D Animators

I just find weird surely there has to be that one 3D animator out there that can look at this to gain clout for a couple of years before moving on

The fact the sprite Animator position was filled quicker than that is something

Especially when the team needs HtH 3D Animators
Good 3D animators cost hefty sums. Sums that Respawn headhunted Torrian Crawford away from Rooster Teeth.

And sprite animators can be relatively easy to find - in Japan, South Korea and mainland China there are a lot of MUGEN animators and even 2D animators dissatisfied with their low pay at their animation houses they are stationed in or contract hired by.

... Wait this may also mean good 2D hand drawn animators can be easier to draw than expected.

Join the choir!

Prerequisite: Having "publicly sang" and have a YouTube/Rumble/Facebook/MeWe/Spotify/Patreon/whatever link for it as supporting proof.
Oh Rooster Teeth is so financially difficult guest vocals and voice actors rather work for fan commissioned works and now needs fans among us to fuel the music department.
Brandon Yates, Aaron Caruthers and Cameron Sather will be financially safe for a while.

While I'm not really super into the matchup, you should be warned that just like Wolverine's claws, Cap's shield has AP and durability that can be placed waaay above his usual weight class. Planet level could arguably be considered weaker than the shield by Death Battle standards
how strong is the shield by Death Battle standard? Ichigo could be scaled to tier 4-B from this guy in the later of the series.

******* seriously

Are there not any 3D animator's out there? Or is it the RT fuckery keeping them away
Well I mean, the 2D position wasn't a Lead position. I would imagine its easier to hire someone for a regular post than a leadership position. Just like in any workplace. Also the 2D position was remote (work from home) and Lead 3D has to work at HQ.
Oh Rooster Teeth is so financially difficult guest vocals and voice actors rather work for fan commissioned works and now needs fans among us to fuel the music department.
Brandon Yates, Aaron Caruthers and Cameron Sather will be financially safe for a while.
Pretty sure this is is just Brandon's way to get the fans more involved and make things sorta interesting during the hiatus.

Isnt 3D also considered cheaper? Given anime studios for example may use 3D on some scenes, also video games switching from sprites or hand drawn animation to 3D cuz its less costly as such, KOF series for example did for that

Ngl this MU goes hard, Guts also wins which is pretty based

This Guts vs Conan the Barbarian does not remove Guts from fighting against Clare and Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd right?

Poor Conan he has to be horribly and swiftly murdered before he could realise he was not made for this though.

Isnt 3D also considered cheaper? Given anime studios for example may use 3D on some scenes, also video games switching from sprites or hand drawn animation to 3D cuz its less costly as such, KOF series for example did for that
In the long run, yes.

Big name characters like Mario, Sonic, Kirby, Dragon Ball, DC, Marvel, even some Pokémon characters really benefit from such.

In the short run, however, sprite sheets are easier to use - even I (as a total outsider) can make some sprite sheets and one animation given ample time.

In the long run, yes.

Big name characters like Mario, Sonic, Kirby, Dragon Ball, DC, Marvel, even some Pokémon characters really benefit from such.

In the short run, however, sprite sheets are easier to use - even I (as a total outsider) can make some sprite sheets and one animation given ample time.
For some indie developers, "long-run" is something hard to achieve, if not impossible. I know an indie developer who said that he just wants to finish the series ASAP because it is a fan game series and he has works IRL. For people like him, it is not realistic to do 3D work.

Also, sprite is somewhat retro and is something RPG Maker engines support.

Season 10 news @ 59:50

So they do aim for a release in May.
No season breaks.
Likely 16 episodes.
At least one member of Rooster Teeth is interested for all matchups.

Cole MacGrath vs Alex Mercer, Discord vs Bill Cipher and Dovahkiin vs Chosen Undead are officially revealed.

At least one more to announce in March.

jin-kazama-and-rock-howard-use-the-same-movement-and-moves-v0-eqeactdhn56a1.jpg

Honestly, im starting to like these two as a match up recently

Hilarious how both franchises have as much of a theme like with SF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back