• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Profiles

Probably not posting this at the right time for staff to see, but whatever. Let's go.

So, when I made these profiles ages ago (I believe in the middle of Season 5), I was told that they can't be added here due to being not considered fictional enough. Well, with Season 7 kicking off, I think they've got more than enough of a background and their own arsenal/abilities to be considered fictional.

Currently, the only problem I see with their profiles that would prohibit them from being moved back over here is the current scaling of their borrowed equipment. However, I see a few possible solutions.

• Leave the scaling as it is but fix some of the messy scaling (Which I know won't happen, as I've been told off for scaling to other canons countless times before, but I'm still saying it's A possible solution
  • Scale them to THEIR tiering of the characters, put a note on the bottom of the page explaining the reasoning, and lock the page (which will suck for me since I'm, hopefully, going to be adding stuff every few weeks, but will prevent people from trying to scale them normally)
    • Plus, let's be honest, if I get yelled at for The Beard scaling to Random Encounter's version of Pikachu (which was linked to on the feat) despite being a completely different tier, god knows what would happen here
  • Remove their borrowed equipment all together (Which isn't preferable, but can be done if necessary)
  • List the abilities for them, but don't provide the AP

The current characters that have/would have a profile in the verse are:

I don't think these will be accepted but it's be fun if they were a blog post we could use for fun and games stuff

Truthfully at this point, I don't see why they couldn't be accepted aside from personal prejudice. The verse as a whole has plenty of canon (even when disregarding the fictional Rooster Teeth lore), and Wiz and Boomstick themselves have a ton of tools and abilities at their disposal, even when disregarding the borrowed equipment,

On a side not, should the Rooster Teeth exclusive cards actually give The Player the powers stated in shows. Also, should the items scale to the canon versions (strictly talking Rooster Teeth exclusive cards).

The Rooster Teeth cards should, since they're official, but the other cards shouldn't assume anything.

They might make more expansions, in which case being owned by Warner could help with more official stuff.

I'll be honest, I don't know. I haven't seen the show yet. I tried looking up vs stuff but couldn't find anything.

I disagree with having DB profiles here. True, they may be from Rooster Teeth, but they are just mere fictional characters making references to other sources of fiction, and hence, they are OCs.

And... how is that different from other characters that do the same thing? Yes, Wiz and Boomstick do it to a more severe degree, but how is what they do different from, say, Ungalo?

Simple. They reference fiction and they show an OC animantion of non-canon depictions of the characters fighing.

So, despite having their own verse and interactions with other Rooster Teeth characters outside of Death Battle, they can't have profiles because of Death Battle?

There is a difference between one character in one part of a huge shonen series being able to summon fictional character, and a show whose entire goal centers around crossovers of fictional characters.

That's a better worded explanation. Thanks.

So, unless Wiz and Boomstick get a show not focused on death battle, then shit-all happens?

It is a card game with no crossover aside from Rooster Teeth cards. It has references for sure, but all of them aren't actual things, like no Godzilla but their is radiation breath fired from a lizard creature. No Superman but there is a spandex suit with a cape. No Wolverine but there is an ability called Berserker Rage. It is all public domain stuff, like a Bat Costume that looks like an actual bat rather than looking like Batman. Plus, it has nothing to do with the show aside from the same name. It is just a battle card game.

Back