• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Eggman beats Bowser's CHUDcism with his progressive feminism.
eggman.png
Isnt that localization error and it was meant to say feminizer :V

A lot of talk about modern wankery here, and while every verse is wanked, what verses are LEAST likely to be frauds and fall into modern VS pit traps?

Batman soloing Team RWBY before they got plot amps was insane. Street tier RWBY confirmed
As someone who read the crossover don't ask me why, I possess a lot of patience for mediocrity it was the opposite, actually. It's been awhile, but I vividly remember that Team RWBY were able to overwhelm Batman and were beating him until he suddenly developed precognitive abilities to beat them.

Now does it matter? Not really, but my severe need to make corrections came in.

It could just as easily be referring to her army of the dead. When Surtur dies she says that "your power is now mine" so it's not like her using "stronger" in the less literal sense is that out of the question since it's not like she sucks up Surtr's physical strength or anything. Why Surtur never actually shows up in Book 3 is beyond me considering there was an entire in between prologue involving him but whatever.
One of our other scans somewhere includes her gloating that her power will only continue to grow, or something to that effect, which in a 1v1 makes more sense about her own personal power than her hypothetical armies she can throw around.
Also even if we go with the idea that the power being referred to is literal, it can just as easily mean magical power. We know she can use magic and while the skills in FEH aren't one to one in lore, the unit specific ones are clearly meant to symbolize that the specific character can do something that is represented by this skill. Even by the end of the Life and Death TT we see Ganglot get empowered by killing Eir and gaining the power of the realm of life. Except said power is actually Ymir's power and I'm pretty sure Ymir isn't going around beating people to death when she transforms into her deer/dragon form. Her attack animation is clearly magical in nature too.
So...they'd scale magically. And the cast use magic in combat in their attacks all the time. So it would still directly scale to the power being thrown around.

A lot of talk about modern wankery here, and while every verse is wanked, what verses are LEAST likely to be frauds and fall into modern VS pit traps?
Baki.
I have no evidence of this being true and have never even watched or read it but every time I see a clip or a page of some crazy shit going so you could tell me the most absurd wank going on and I'd believe you

So...they'd scale magically. And the cast use magic in combat in their attacks all the time. So it would still directly scale to the power being thrown around.
Except they don't because none of the Askr trio use magic and, as far as FEH's story is concerned, it's the Askr trio doing all of the important fights. How involved any of the summoned Heroes are when it comes to the battles is unclear since the only time they're shown actually doing anything is when they're fighting generic bandits in the Forging Bonds events. The only individual in that fight who used magic was Veronica who never stood a chance against Thrasir, let alone Hel. And even then it's unclear if Veronica actually helped in any of the fighting instead of just waiting for her cue to empower Kiran's gun.

My GOAT Sly Cooper would never...

...No wait there's laser dodging and moving in tandum with sunlight in the first game... **** he'd probs be relativistic when (his time will come I ain't coping) DB finally does an episode with him.

As someone who read the crossover don't ask me why, I possess a lot of patience for mediocrity it was the opposite, actually. It's been awhile, but I vividly remember that Team RWBY were able to overwhelm Batman and were beating him until he suddenly developed precognitive abilities to beat them.

Now does it matter? Not really, but my severe need to make corrections came in.
Eh before the precog kicked in Bats still blocked and dodged all their attacks despite being outnumbered 1 to 4. The best you could say about RWBY is that they had him on the defensive.

Eh before the precog kicked in Bats still blocked and dodged all their attacks despite being outnumbered 1 to 4. The best you could say about RWBY is that they had him on the defensive.
Fair point, to be honest. I haven't read that comic since it first came out so my memory is a little hazy when it comes to what actually happened in said comic. Still, I figured that it wouldn't hurt to make a pretty slight correction, you know?

Except they don't because none of the Askr trio use magic and, as far as FEH's story is concerned, it's the Askr trio doing all of the important fights. How involved any of the summoned Heroes are when it comes to the battles is unclear since the only time they're shown actually doing anything is when they're fighting generic bandits in the Forging Bonds events. The only individual in that fight who used magic was Veronica who never stood a chance against Thrasir, let alone Hel. And even then it's unclear if Veronica actually helped in any of the fighting instead of just waiting for her cue to empower Kiran's gun.
Take a hit, durability scaling. Someone else fights you, scaling goes round, especially with Heroes ever escalating threats.

Also the Forging Bonds and other events have SO many more interactions than 'generic bandits', we use a few of them like Gatekeeper and Thorr, and will use plenty more when we get around to new profiles and keys.

Funny how we're getting a lot of crossovers/collabs over the years
Wait are the current crossovers just the evolution of the multiverse shtick from last few years? :V
Yet the Invincible TV series wasn't able to adapt the Spider-Man and Batman crossover from the comics (instead having to use parodies).

Also we're long overdue a MarvelXDC crossover game but we know the Mouse doesn't play well with W bros anymore.

Will the hiatus x hiatus memes finally die? Find out next time on...

Even down to the comments section still complaining about Ben 10 VS Green Lantern. Man, that episode left a bigger stain on Death Battle’s reputation than Goku VS Superman 2, Gaara VS Toph, Yang VS Tifa, and both Bleach episodes combined.
Ben 10 fans still seething like half a decade later. What is it with Ben 10 and powerscaling anyways? I swear I see that verse in the revision threads every other damn day with something new

Ben 10 fans still seething like half a decade later. What is it with Ben 10 and powerscaling anyways? I swear I see that verse in the revision threads every other damn day with something new
Alien X
That's why
Kuro made a video hyping how strong X was stating how he could beat Goku and Superman and ever since then X been getting glazed up the ass
His feat as far western action shows goes was blatant as hell meaning folks were gonna wank how strong he truly could be

These are the four Pokémon in Ash's arsenal that have legitimate legendary scaling:
  • Ash-Greninja
  • Pikachu
  • Charizard
  • Sceptile
The others are more or less scaled to pseudo legendary pokemon.
Pretty sure his Talonflame battled a Moltres too.

What hax shaggy would have that can counter luigi shit
Simple put: scaling to Scooby and seeing how much leeway the stoner can get away with in the research (fraud check).

What hax shaggy would have that can counter luigi shit
none really, he'd just be reliant on his regen which Luigi can easily bypass

even if you give Shaggy AP he has no real way to put Luigi down, that's why its a good toon character fraud check. (its also a good mu outside of that, it writes itself and i actually really enjoy it)

It's pretty much a VSBW meme at this point and from what I can see many of the arguments in the threads aren't exactly brand new either but like mentioned above after the main opponents became very inactive on the Wiki (e.g @Zamasu_Chan and @ProfessorKukui4Life) all the chaos seemly began to be unleashed with the weekly revisions.

I don't really care where AX is rated (and tbh Ben 10 did get downplayed badly here for awhile in the past) but it's pretty funny to see such a blatant example of populism on the wiki.

Back