• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Infinite-sized DC Comics universes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's referring to this
bNFe0XJ6FOQ51ZqRDouiASOOm7Jq81y63IPItpuPn01Jz16ra8xvKQYbgwvcMulUmLU0qNSdBxR05fR5FIL9Mnoq_UOKxi2UEKeN7nfwZCxc87fGEO328NpISZqEjOzt1KG61_LCAQ=s1600

The one that features that giant dude? (I keep forgetting his name. Eos or some shit like that)

Last edited:
Then why did you mention it when I asked for scans
When I said, "The 3600 Sectors don't touch the Source Wall," you asked why.

I answered that a comic (Green Lantern Vol 4 #11 June 2006) had the Lanterns travel past the 3600 sectors, and they did not encounter the source wall. There was more relatively empty space to travel.

In any case, there are other comics I can reference. I'm sure that I have established that a Source Wall does surround the universes.

In regards to how big a singular universe in DC is, I'm showing that the Source Wall is a defined limit.
The Source Wall is at the edge, yes, but it's not a proper physical wall per se. It covers an entire space time continuum. It's the wall between two universe. It doesn't contradict infinite space.

It's a higher D structure, so seeing an infinity as less of infinity isn't a contradiction you think it is.

In regards to how big a singular universe in DC is, I'm showing that the Source Wall is a defined limit.
I mean there are degrees of infinity right
It’s possible for one thing to be infinite and yet dwarfed by a higher infinity

that’s also ignoring the higher dimensional properties of the Source Wall which makes it less a physical barrier and more an incorporeal one

The Source Wall is at the edge, yes, but it's not a proper physical wall per se. It covers an entire space time continuum. It's the wall between two universe. It doesn't contradict infinite space.

It's a higher D structure, so seeing an infinity as less of infinity isn't a contradiction you think it is.
The source wall that exists within the universe isn't the same as the one that blocks off the source and is beyond dimensions

I agree with DC universes being infinite because there's many statements about it and it's also very consistent. There's only one statement that contradicts it afaik (100 trillion light years being half of the universe) and it comes from Superman who isn't a major cosmic being or very knowledgeable about universes.

Source Walls are higher-dimensional constructs that covers the entire 4-D spacetime continuums, so it doesn't contradict 3-D infinite space.

I think the Post Criis Universe being Infinite makes sense tbh.
I’m less convinced about Post-Flaspoint tho

I agree with DC universes being infinite because there's many statements about it and it's also very consistent. There's only one statement that contradicts it afaik (100 trillion light years being half of the universe) and it comes from Superman who isn't a major cosmic being or very knowledgeable about universes.
Agree too.

For the travel speed feats thought i'm conflicted, since Infinite Speed its still a large upgrade and it is technically inconsistent for most showing.

Personally i would have the characters at Massively FTL+, possibly Infinite as a good compromise.

I think the Post Criis Universe being Infinite makes sense tbh.
I’m less convinced about Post-Flaspoint tho
In Justice League Annual 1 (2018) it was stated that universe is infinite and expanding (scan is in the op). We can use that for Post-Flashpoint universes. Tbh i think that statement should be enough because it comes from narrator in a very cosmology-related issue and definitely isn't flowery language.

Last edited:
To play devil's advocate here are some scans that imply DC Universes may have finite 3-D space

A lot of them says far reaches - which don't mean edge of the universe. Far reaches can mean unknown distance. Or comes from people who don't know the universe as well as they think they do.

Especially Superboy. Yes, he is a genius in many ways, but the cosmos isn't one of them - at least not before he became herald of Oracle.

To play devil's advocate here are some scans that imply DC Universes may have finite 3-D space

1: Already refuted
2: Infinity can have sides, imagine 1 infinite line combines with another, now you got 2 sides of it
3: No correlation
4: Same as 1
5: Same as before
6: Same as before
7: There can be corners of infinity for the same reasons there can be an edge to infinity
8, 9, 10, 11: Same as 7
12: Same as 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back