• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Animated Movies Universe Discussion Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant Gyro, phone just turned it to Byrin for some reason
As for his suggestion, I was referring to this:

• Doomsday stay at Low 7-C for obvious reasons, with Darkseid and Doomsday upscaling from Superman.
  • Wonder Woman, Shazam, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman and all those who scale to them (e.g. Etrigan) become Low 7-C, downscaling from Superman and possessed Weather Wizard, with the feats I listed above being put on their profiles.
  • Cyborg becomes "Likely Low 7-C", as he's harmed the likes of Aquaman and Wonder Woman, but has also had his arms ripped off by the former, along with the likes of Darkseid. 8-A would also work, via downscaling, consistent with scaling above a weakened Superman's 8-B+ feat.
  • Green Lantern becomes "9-A physically, Low 7-C via Green Lantern ring". Physically, Hal Jordan has been harmed by Parademons and John Stewart is even harmed by Batman in Justice League: Dark. With his ring constructs, Hal Jordan can somewhat hold his own against the likes of Superman (+ all the feats I listed above)
  • Flash could downscale in a similar fashion to Cyborg would or simply be 9-A without a better feat
Though Hellbeast went over a lot of issues. Ultimately the core issue is that the heavy hitters of the JL are consistently shown to be below Superman by a notable degree, but also not utterly incomparable.

There's no real good middle ground, which is why we previously just upscaled Superman/Darkseid/Doomsday to Low 7-C and kept the rest at 8-A.

Maybe we can put the other members to "At least 8-A" and indicate they were able to stagger Darkseid. Though I think Qawsedf234 is right, honestly even if this wasn't by a large margin, the other hitters are still inferiors to Darkseid, Doomsday and Superman.

I think if we do put them at 7-C, we would need to note that while they're capable of damaging them they're still notably inferior. Like with MCU Iron Man and Thanos.

So should we apply Gyro's solutions then?

While that is an incorrect description, yeah something like that. "Low 7-C (While weaker than Superman, X has showed the capacity to harm people of his level)". As a mediocre example

Qawsedf234's latest suggestion might work.

Qawsedf's idea seems right for me (though again this might be an issue for some since the JL members were able to stagger Darkseid to an extent but nit really harm him).

I’m still against it

It’s unreliable to scale them at all, at most I can see them getting a likely higher based off the staggering

Okay. Can you remind me about what solution that you suggest then?

That would probably turn too inconsistent. Qawsedf234's solution is likely the least bad available option.

Anyway, please remember to carefully read through and follow the instructions in our Common Editing Mistakes page, so no badly structured edits are made, and extensive cleanup work will not be necessary.

If you change the statistics for any characters, also remember to update the tier categories at the bottoms of the profile pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back