• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dai no Daiboken feats (or: help a newbie with some calc)

Hi I'm thinking of starting working on some Dai no Daiboken profiles, since for now there is only the Pop one. Since I'm kinda new and not very familiar with the tiering system yet I would be grateful if some forum veteran may help me calculating some feats (honestly I'm not able to go much further than "what it seems at my eyes" when it comes to calculating feats and do complex calculations 😅). I would start with some top/middle tiers from the first chapters (I have the Italian edition, but if there are some scenes needing a translation to be understood I'll provide it). Let's start with some magical attack potency. This is Merami, the intermedium-level fire attack spelled by Dai's grandpa against a big robot
view
SwhM8Fzx0b

tOTitWJY9V
p1nwFHR

Considering the wide of the attack I'd be inclined to either consider it "small building level", if not "wall level+" (after all it is normal fire so I don't think it would have been able to destroy a small building of that dimension. Considering this, since the robot tanked it without damage I'd put it either on building level if not large building level maybe (it's obviously smaller but made of very resistent steel so tougher than a building, would that make sense?). Then we've got the first spell launched by Dai, Vegirama, the intermedium-level heat attack, with which, after creating a hole in the robot with a sword slash (building level+ or large building level?) he is able to defeat it (same level than the slash I'd say)

Then we've got the introduction of the new characters, the beloved by literally everyone Pop and master Aban. Dai start his training and during it we see a scene like this:
[https://www.pinterest.it/pin/795518721683443142#imgViewer]

Now more than attack potency (I'd say around small building level, they're smaller but tougher) I'm wondering what his speed may be to slash 5 rocks in just one jump: peak human with low superhuman reactions (doubt), low superhuman speed and faster-than-eye+/subsonic reaction or even a bit more maybe?
Let's go now to Dai's biggest attack feat in the first volumes:

With a sword slash and without directly hitting him he cut in two a bird-demon and the hit cut even the water behind him for several meters (seems to be AT LEAST 10). Do you think it is fair to consider this a large building feat? And would this make necessary to reevaluate speed too? (I'm guessing you gonna need to be very fast to do something like that but I wouldn't know how to calculate it).
Anyway i think early Dai is kinda confirmed large building level with this:
Very tired after the training he's still able to cut a rock various time bigger than him. For similar reason than before (even tho smaller i think rock medium toughness >>> building toughness) I'd put this either at building level, building level+ or large building level, what do you think?
Then a little durability feat, Aban transform into a dragon and hit me with a fire blast, against which Dai is able to resist (so I think it would be fair to put him at building durability+ maybe?)

I think we can start with those for now and after deciding it I'll put some other feats (next time Satana Hadler feats)

P.S. Ok I tried using Pinterest since I wasn't able to upload images, now they're should be viewable via link even tho in a shit quality, I'll try to get imgur soon or if someone know where I can get the images directly online (maybe in English let me know)

Last edited:
Ok I did the calculation and it appears I vastly overestimated his feats. First one is supposed to be more or less:
6000 kg (estimated considering 1 medium-sized automobile is around 1,5 tons and that robot is way bigger) x 0.466 (steel heat capacity) x 1500 = 4 millions joules (wall level), by scaling I'd put Brass Merami around street+ tier.
The (bigger) rock-breaking slash is:
To calculate cubic centimeteres, considering it is more than double the height of Aban and three times Dai I'd say 400 x 200 x 200 = 16 mln x 8 (rock fragmentation costant) = 128 mln of joule = small building tier (counting at half the smaller rocks it would still be small building level).
So I'd say it's fair to assume pre-training Dai is small-building level in attack potency and likely durability (probably higher), likely far higher with the dragon icon activated. Can someone give me heads up if the calculation are correct?
Also now I've done the easy part but I've no idea how to calculate:
Speed for multiple rock-slashing
The force for the water-cutting slash, that is the last (and likely highest) feat from pre/early-training Dai. Is there some calculations applicable for it?

Last edited:
Yoo add me on discord vearn#9448 let's talk about more dai scaling I can actually get popp to some planetary lvl durability and some crazy speeds remember he flew from papunika to the field of death in seconds that's across the whole world map

Back