• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

D&D Conversion Thread: I'll make whatever you ******' want into a D&D thing.

General Morden will be a bit since I need to figure out how to work in his vehicles, since on his own he really isn't much.

qEhXGaC.png

At the moment, this is what I'm working with. Haven't tinkered with CR, since his CR will largely be decided by how I stat out his vehicles. I gave him some support abilities focused on minions, and the ability to attune extra items since he seems to mostly rely on items to assist him. His rocket launcher does fucktons of damage but he himself isn't physically impressive.
Thank you, seeing how you adapt the specific of every character is very interesting!

Aye, it's part of the fun. I'll likely not do too much work on this today as I'm running the VSBW D&D game today (group 1). Them gods damned dockside warehouses aren't going to besiege themselves, I'll tell you hwhat.

Two, each of 5 people. Group One is Drite, DMUA, Torlikoff, The Divine Phoenix, and Overlord. Group Two is Faruel, Iapitus the Impaler, Paul Frank, InfiniteSped, and AkuAkuAkuma. Been going for a few months now, they're levels 6-8.

Ooh, that sounds awesome. Good luck running those groups man, ive tried running campaigns before and they’re not always easy.

What about my boy Nightmare? I imagine he'd be an interesting case as Soul Edge possesses its host lol

Apologies for today, was running errands all day and I work. Plus side, last day of work for the month due to the holidays so I should have plenty of time to work on requests later.

This ain’t truely important, don’t be hard on yourself (in fact would you mind If I took some of these requests?)
It isn't me being hard on myself, I'd just rather not forget these ones. If you'd like to try your hand, you're more than welcome, I just think it's fun for folks to see shit they like in D&D format.

Perry the Platypus likely comparable to a no Ki monk, he would probably have a wild surge like ability to act like toon force and the tools he doesn't have on his profile, small and can't talk, possibly a lair. He is shown to prefer working alone, very inactive in "pet mode", like by most other characters in the series, only used his barbs once, resourceful.

I don't think he fits well into any of the classes, though arguably if he did I'd think he'd be a rogue given his stealth capabilities. Possibly an Inquisitive subclass?

blrHYeJ.png

My creation. Praise be. Begrudgingly made him CR 5 even though technically by the math he's only CR 4- CR 5 comes from various utility options he has, namely personal healing, total-damage negation reaction, and the splash weakness potion. Could've gone more in-depth with it, didn't. Enjoy a early-to-mid-game-Steve.
Shouldn't Steve have only 20 HP? Y'know, to fit the game. Or otherwise give him 40. But okay, I guess.

1. I want Gojou Satoru, from Jujutsu Kaisen. Probably gonna be very high level. :p Allow me to try to describe him...
He is not that powerful on his "raw" form, but his haxxes work in such a way that he can theoretically defeat any 3-D opponent vulnerable to them, often quite easily. His "Six Eyes" eye power has not been explained yet, but I'd give him an insanely high Perception stat given that he appears to see clearly even with a blindfold on (sic) and can bypass insane levels of stealth, instantly identify someone through their aura and easily understand someone's powers through it.
His main ability is Limitless, from which the rest of his haxxes derive. He manipulates space at the atomic level and creates weird, should-be impossible scenarios. Infinity, the basic defense form, is based on the Achilles and the Tortoise paradox in which if you keep cutting the distance between two points by half, they'll never touch: there is an "infinite" space compressed around him, and any attack that comes near loses speed at an exponential rate, seemingly stopping before ever reaching him. You cannot touch Gojou Satoru without some way of dealing with his spatial hax, or some infinite speed, or whatever else. This means even if you believe Saitama to be able to one-shot any 3D opponent, Saitama shouldn't be able to do anything against Satoru. This is semi-passive because it's controlled semi-consciously: he doesn't need to think about it, but can to reprogram it or create exceptions/additions if he wants.
He then has his main two techniques, Blue and Red. Blue creates a gravity-like attraction to suck stuff in, while Red repels stuff intensely and can be twice as powerful as the most power he can put on Blue. He seemingly reinforces his basic attacks with Red, since all of his opponents keep saying "It's not just an attack reinforced with Cursed Energy!" when taking blows from him.
When he fuses Red and Blue together, he creates a space in which the laws of physics don't work properly and shoots it off like a blast. It's not known yet whether the effects of this blast are pulverization, vaporization, atomization, sub-atomic destruction or existence erasure, but it's almost certain it involves a ton of Durability Negation.
He can also use Reverse Cursed Technique to heal himself, and he can heal even from severe brain damage. He's constantly using it on himself to preclude his own braindeath from being using Limitless all the time. Also, his Black Flash is kinda like a critical hit in which he has the chance of dealing over 2.5x his normal attack potency when landing a crit, so I think his critical hits should be Black Flashes and be stronger than normal criticals. I dunno, maybe instead of two times the damage he'd do, he gets 2.5 times the max damage from whichever attack he used when critting?
Satoru generally gives a very chill vibe, is smart and almost always relaxed, VERY confident. He used to be a Chaotic Neutral "I do what I want and don't have to help humanity" type when younger, but matured after some events and became more of a Chaotic Good type who wants to do good and doesn't care what others think or what the rules and traditions are, merely playing the game to the extent he needs to/it helps him.
He's currently listed as 7-B but might be getting upgraded to Low 6-B or 6-B soon. His speed may also end up getting a buff on the future. Combine that with his regen, crit buff and all that hax and versatility, and he's probably getting a really high Challenge Rating... wouldn't say max challenge level or anywhere near it, but only because D&D has its fair share of overpowered mobs.

Also, I dunno if I can just list stuff, but here are some beings that I think would be AMAZING mobs for the game:

2. Goombas, Koopa Troopas, from Mario Bros. You most definitely already know them, no need for details.

3. The Pursuer, from Dark Souls (A boss/miniboss that can become a minion at higher levels! Remember they die with two shots from a Balista, so they shouldn't be that overpowered). He's a relentless giant and aggressive knight, a heavy hitter with the player as a target he'll keep pursuing until one of them is gone for good. He wears thick, full plate armor and wields a massive sword and shield on top of that, both of which he uses to attack. He's slow, but each of his attacks are very potent (and he can still go for a three-hit combo, so he shouldn't be thaaat slow). He can also create a shockwave by stomping the ground and shoot dark magic orbs, so he's not strictly made out of physical attacks! Basically a very menacing opponent who however can be cheesed if you don't let him destroy the balistas first. He's strong against poison but not invulnerable to it (merely resistant), and weak against lightning, possibly because of all that metal armor.
Given that the protagonist is "at least 6-C, possibly Low 6-B" and "Massively Hypersonic+", he should scale to that, though I don't know if you'll make him scale all that much.

Also, in general I'd love to see just a few creative minion mobs, y'know?

I recall once inventing a fusion of all the big cats, which was as fast as a guepard, as strong as insert each attribute of a big cat here, as well as the big cat who's most top notch at it, making it basically a composite cat who had great senses, could run really fast while having stamina a guepard never would maintain from sprinting at full speed, was quite tanky and had very sharp claws and a powerful bite. But mainly it was a mobile predator who could climb up trees and jump from one to the other, using its speed+stamina+agility+climbing+jumping to basically parkour around forests.

Shouldn't Steve have only 20 HP? Y'know, to fit the game. Or otherwise give him 40. But okay, I guess.
Mate I dunno how much you know about D&D, but that's not really how that works. 20 health is literally one-shot for a lot of characters. Like literally at 1st level, depending on your build, you can unironically one-shot 20 health with certain consistency. Behold.

qYO5pJv.png

The above describes average-per-round and maximum damage for a handful of well-optimized builds. So your suggested "20 HP Steve" dies in a single tap from a first level character. In other words, HP doesn't translate well between MC and D&D. Scrap dat shit.

Elite Knights that have live for at least centuries, slaughtering their way through the universe in their quest to fulfill the Logic of the Sword. They're killing machines that are feared by all who know of them, whose presence brings with it death and rot. They sharpen themselvs and project their will unto reality through the Sword Logic. If faced with a powerful attack they may conjure a Wall of Darkness to protect themselves, or they just dodge the attack entirely as they're suprisingly nimble. With their blades, which become sharper with each life they take, they hack and slash through their enemies with great brutality and efficiency.

Elite Knights that have live for at least centuries, slaughtering their way through the universe in their quest to fulfill the Logic of the Sword. They're killing machines that are feared by all who know of them, whose presence brings with it death and rot. They sharpen themselvs and project their will unto reality through the Sword Logic. If faced with a powerful attack they may conjure a Wall of Darkness to protect themselves, or they just dodge the attack entirely as they're suprisingly nimble. With their blades, which become sharper with each life they take, they hack and slash through their enemies with great brutality and efficiency.
It's funny you mention this. One of my players recently showed me the Dungeons & Destiny project. Not a very polished project at the moment, but here is their interpretation of a Knight and Taken Knight. They've modified some core systems of D&D (in ways I personally consider goofy and counterintuitive but whatever) so it isn't a 1:1, but it's enough to fulfill your request, I believe.

If you're interested, here's the full project.

Well, if they still accept applications I'll DOOMSLAYER (I don't know if you can or want to, but use this image from the DoomGuy to match the DND times)

The Doomslayer is the former leader of an order of knights known as Los Sentinlas de la Noche who are in a war against demons, after many events the divine beings who helped the Argenta would join the demons which caused a civil war during years until in a strategy from hell, the Dommslayer would be sealed, but would eventually return to fulfill his revenge against the Maykr and unleash his Unlimited Hatred against the demons.

The Crucible: a powerful object that works as a sword, made of spiritual energy, being essentially a fire sword of incredible heat

Seraph's blessing: after entering the divinity machine the Doomslayer became something close to a divinity, His strength and speed increased more and more each time he killed a demon as it stole his strength together with his incorruptible soul makes him almost-Immune to demonic powers. Despite fighting with demons for decades Doom Marine did not grow old or lose any of his strengths also no longer needs food, drink, or even rest, becoming something akin to an immortal.

Super Shotgun:a powerful weapon capable of dealing devastating damage to your enemies at close range plus a chain and grapple is capable of catching your enemies at medium range and bringing it to you in order to eliminate them

if you want can put anything else

Some time ago I actually made a joke-ish D&D writeup for Doomguy at CR 30 (maximum possible in 5e). Could go try to dig that up and remaster it so to speak.

Mate I dunno how much you know about D&D, but that's not really how that works. 20 health is literally one-shot for a lot of characters. Like literally at 1st level, depending on your build, you can unironically one-shot 20 health with certain consistency. Behold.

qYO5pJv.png

The above describes average-per-round and maximum damage for a handful of well-optimized builds. So your suggested "20 HP Steve" dies in a single tap from a first level character. In other words, HP doesn't translate well between MC and D&D. Scrap dat shit.
Oh, I really know little about D&D. =/ Plus the fact that when I'm trying to play D&D, I don't optimize my build as much as try to recreate a random idea I had in my mind in whatever way is viable.
Yea, I guess 75~80 HP is better if you wanna have NO CHANCE of Steve ever getting one-shot by a level one no matter how optimized their builds. Although 40 HP would already clearly required the best optimized builds to max-crit to get one-shot on the first level. Given Steve has 36 HP when eating a God Apple, this could be used. (And Double Health Steve would get 56 HP when god-appling.)
I also guess 20 HP could be used as a basis for basic Minecraft mobs, like zombies and skeletons.

40 hp is the same HP as a CR 1/4th, I believe.

OLAcXql.png

Here's how this generally adds up. There's more math to it than this, but this is the average.

40 hp is the same HP as a CR 1/4th, I believe.

OLAcXql.png

Here's how this generally adds up. There's more math to it than this, but this is the average.
...oh.
Dang. That's broken, lmao. Players themselves only have a fraction of that at similar levels. I suppose "Challenge Rating 1" is not "mob equivalent to a level 1 player" as much as "boss equivalent to a level 1 party"?
Well, given that 20 is the minimum amount of armor points for a character to be impossible to land a hit on without either bonus, critical hit or an always-land ability, I'm already guessing Gojou Satoru is at least a Challenge Rating 20. OwO

5e has some weird ideas about CR, to be sure. Namely that players are generally expected to fight things with better core stats than themselves. In 3.5e, it was far different and character level was interchangeable with CR. I put one of my players 1v1 against a converted 3.5e monster once (an Umbral Displacer Beast) with a CR equal to his level (5). Man never landed a hit, even though the thing only had 10 AC and 17 hit points.

also, this guy? A high chance to hit alone does not a CR 20 make. By CR 1 you can have guaranteed hits (magic missile).

also, this guy? A high chance to hit alone does not a CR 20 make. By CR 1 you can have guaranteed hits (magic missile).
Yeah, this guy. By CR 20 I didn't mean a high chance to hit, but a very, VERY low chance to >get< hit yourself. Gojou Satoru also has guaranteed hits with his Domain.

Eh. The math for AC is fairly simple. In abstract, the higher your AC (e.g., defense against being damaged, be it through armor, luck, intuition or speed) the lower your hit points.

I believe that in 5e you just give a bunch of HD solery based in the character being tough while still having abilities suiting its CR, meanwhile in 3.5e and PF they have a certain amount of HD and abilities, and from that their CR is definied.

Explain why npc in Luminous Echo have HD 19 CR 18 in PF (yes, I known is not the same as 3.5e, but it was similar), but HD 36 CR 18 in 5e.

If anything it's the opposite. 5e has a very strict code about how much HD and AC a creature in a certain range of CR is meant to have. To raise one outside that limit, you must lower the other by some amount. Whereas in 3.5e, it was more abstract and fluid. Abilities and their connotations carried a lot more weight in deciding what CR a creature would be. To counteract this, 5e largely reduced the effectiveness of many abilities (for example, there's a lot less save-or-die effects in 5e).

Hm, I see, maybe I should read once again 5e rules, my knowledge cover mostly 3.5e and yet they are rusty (and last time about 5e,wasn't really 5e, but it's spanish version Rise of the Dragon).

But now that I'm here, in the mood with trying creating a sheet for a brown magical belly dancer?

Oho, doing it again. Next is your D&D Tower Climbing, where you made a party of 4 to defeat multiple levels/floors.

Oho, doing it again. Next is your D&D Tower Climbing, where you made a party of 4 to defeat multiple levels/floors.
I recall. We do have a lot more D&D pages now, with entirely new classes of creatures. Perhaps, my friend, perhaps.

Eh. The math for AC is fairly simple. In abstract, the higher your AC (e.g., defense against being damaged, be it through armor, luck, intuition or speed) the lower your hit points.
It honestly feels pretty fair to me for Gojou Satoru to not have an absurd health bar but be extremely hard to deal damage towards.

Just to add to the General Morden profile thing I made:

Each of these vehicles can be attuned to as a full-round action. While attuned to a vehicle, General Morden cannot use his rocket launcher.

lABuOiP.png

One.

tsZIbN2.png

Two.

TQfQbtN.png

Three.

Based on his own stats, Morden comes out to being CR 3.

Back