• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

D&D Conversion Thread: I'll make whatever you ******' want into a D&D thing.

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
I did one of these ages ago on the old forum but sorta dropped it, so here's me, restarting the thing. TL;DR incoming:

I will convert something into Dungeons and Dragons format for you. If you're unfamiliar, Dungeons and Dragons (D&D) is a tabletop RPG that's extremely modular, meaning pretty much anything (character, object, etc) can be made in the game and usable. Just for some examples, here's a Hollow Knight class and race, here's a series of monsters from Bloodborne converted to D&D, and since most people are weebs 'round these parts, here's a Shinobi class conversion from Naruto. Point is, everything can be expressed in D&D.

So, if you're bored, or bear an interest in D&D, or just generally want to add to my overall workload, I'm making an offer in this thread: if you bring me something from your favorite piece of media (be it a character, weapon, object, ability, etc), I will make it into a D&D applicable mechanic. Probably. I make no promises that I'll do it, given that last time I got dozens of requests and the statblocks I was making tend to take a good hour each to cook up to a respectable level of quality. My only requirement is that you provide me enough details. Don't post a link to the character, post the link and then describe their primary talents, the vibe they give off, maybe some neat shit they do. I'll do the rest.

Got it? Epic. Awesome, one might even be so bold to say. Send me your requests, *******.

Current Requests:

Last edited:
"My only requirement is that you provide me enough details. Don't post a link to the character, post the link and then describe their primary talents, the vibe they give off, maybe some neat shit they do. I'll do the rest."

this does not bode well for the rest of the thread but fffffuck it, I'm doing it anyways.

played it since 2010 you ******* whippersnapper.

blrHYeJ.png

My creation. Praise be. Begrudgingly made him CR 5 even though technically by the math he's only CR 4- CR 5 comes from various utility options he has, namely personal healing, total-damage negation reaction, and the splash weakness potion. Could've gone more in-depth with it, didn't. Enjoy a early-to-mid-game-Steve.

Not sure how many Requests a user can make, but I'll try to fit the bill.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Promethean_Knight?mobile-app=false The Promethean Knight. Their Whole Shtick in D&D Terms would be some kind if weird Mix of Fighter, Ranger and Warlock I'd say. They do use guns, but they're more so Melee Fighters with the way they fight. If they get overwhelmed they teleport to a more advantageous position and try to gun the target down. They always have a Promethean Watcher in their back that they can bring out that can make shields for them, spawn Crawlers and Turrets to command and catch Thrown Projectiles (IE Grenades) to toss back at opponents. The Crawlers are very Dog-Like but have Small Arms in their Mouths, barring the Snipers with their Binary Rifles, and tend to go for the Swarm, Rush and Outmaneuver tactic while also crawling on walls.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Nightmare_(Soul_Calibur)?mobile-app=false Nightmare. He's definitely a Fighter/Warlock Multi-Class. He mainly fights with a Giant Greatsword, Specifically a Zweihander (I hope I spelled that right) in one hand while using his big mutated hand to grapple opponents. He also has a lot of Soulhax in each hit and has an AoE Soulhax Explosion called Soul Wave. He can also Control beings infected with his Energy and BFR people to another Dimension if he wants to or he gets beaten where his Astral Self proceeds to fight them. He's a master of several fighting styles from over the years and mixes them all into his current fighting style for the most effective way of killing his opponent as quickly as possible to claim their Soul for himself.

Hope I did good with these.

Gonna work on Promethean Knight right now. Probably won't give them class levels or anything, but a statblock works. I'm unclear on one thing: is this thing a robot or like a living creature? The page says mechanized and the halo wiki refers to them as constructs, which makes me lean towards the former, but better safe than sorry.

Since I know next to nothing about DND, other than being apparently the most OP verse when it comes to board games.
Warhammer 40k forgive me, although I have only read the novels (fragments) and played virtual games

I think i will try

Nero - A powerful knight of a now-inactive order who dedicated himself to fighting the demons of the underworld, with a strong motivation to do the right thing and protect those who cannot.

Equipped with His faithful sword The Red Queen and His Blue Rose pistol, Nero is one of the most formidable Warriors in existence, but his demonic heritage coupled with the Equipment of a well-known gunsmith Nico makes him an almost invincible opponent.

They were Ancient Humans before the Didact turned them into Robots. They even still have a Glowing Human Skull when their Helmets open up. So in a way they're kinda Cyborgs but they're almost completely Machine aside from that but that might just be some kind of Hardlight AI thing.

Impostor (Among Us)

They're pretty much a fancy mimic. They're an alien shapeshifter, however we only see them in one form, mimicking the Crewmates, however they could easily replace a party member for some good ol paranoia.

They attack in 4 ways: Tounge, gun, knife, and snapping necks.

They're stealthy. They prefer to sneak around and pick off opponents one by one rather than take on a large group at once.

This will be fun.
He's not a direct fighter, but it might end up being creative.

General Morden: He is the leader of a rebellious army and aims to conquer the whole world, and he almost managed to do it. He likes laughing at the opponents and allying with people that ends to betray him, but he never gives up and always returns at the head of his soldiers with a new plan. He usually carries a bazooka, but his main way to attack is riding machines like helicopters, airplanes, tanks and a robotic worm. These vehicles are equipped with missiles, lasers, bombs and machine guns. He also gives orders to his soldiers, who follows them without hesitation. And he also ended to befriend with the aliens that betrayed him and tried to conquer the Earth.

The Bacteria.
Talents? The Bacteria, although seemingly non-sentient, can easily destroy the entirety of the Human Race in a matter of months/years. Their rapidly changing mutations and evolution patterns allow them to rapidly evolve and devolve certain genetically traits, such as Symptoms or literally changing around their genetic structure. They can easily go unnoticed forever on most conditions depending on what Symptoms you buy, and even the worlds brightest minds pooled together have difficulty getting much work on this thing.
Abilities? As noted before, they are incredibly subtle and variable, able to vary from simply surviving in heat to total organ failure in mere Moments. Their small size allows them to infect several people a day, ranging from the thousands to millions with proper Transmissions or late-game scenarios. They can also duplicate while in the body and stuff. Their symptoms vary, but notable ones include sudden coughing, diaherria, Insomnia, Paranoia, and Nausea, or more serious symptoms such as Insanity, Comas, or their trump card, Total Organ Failure. The Bacteria is also notably hardy, able to survive even the toughest of drugs and medicines, travel through Animals, Water, and Air, and survive in literally any climate.
Vibe? Seeing as how Diseases exist in DND, and a common tactic for Plague Inc. is to simply stock up on Transmisisons until you infect everyone, then develop the serious symptoms, this guy certainly seems like a slow-burn enemy. Someone who can pass through groups of people and slowly take them out, remaining undetected until it’s too late. Paladins and Clerics may give some trouble though.

Oh lord, sorry If that seems too challenging. Hope I did a good job with descriptions.

C2bQB1H.png

Haven't played the more recent Halo entries (never even finished 3, did play Reach though) so I hope this isn't awful. Wasn't sure about the Hovering Leap/Assault, but based on the videos I found, this thing has a sort of jet-propulsion movement system that causes it to almost fly. I never saw it actually fly so I opted for this to represent it better. I realize they have other pieces of equipment but opted to keep a handful of the more notable ones- Hardlight is the most damaging assuming it hits every ability, though Incineration Cannon is theoretically capable of damaging a lot more targets at once. Pulse Grenade creates a temporary environmental hazard.

This thing, by the math, should be CR 10, however, due to Antimagic Susceptibility (a trait I think makes sense for a construct kept alive by energy) it has a fairly substantial weakness. Probably should have also made it immune to poison damage now that I'm looking at it, but I forgot, fml I guess. Dimension Door on a short recharge is nutty in terms of movement abilities, so if this guy doesn't want to melee brawl he should be capable of escaping. I don't plan on statting up the Watcher, even though I included its mention in the statblock- unless it's asked for, of course. Made its shit magical so it can bypass basic resistances, which coincidentally lets this ****** hit abstracts and nonexistents alike. Enjoy.

Holy Shit. That's ******* Insane. Considering I got into D&D about a year ago I know just enough to realize how broken this ************ is.

Holy Shit. That's ******* Insane. Considering I got into D&D about a year ago I know just enough to realize how broken this ************ is.
Damage wise he's about average for a CR 8-9, his AC and health aren't particularly special but his condition immunities/damage resistances are quite good, so honestly its his defensive CR that raises him above the norm. For reference, this is another CR 9, and here's another. I don't consider the Knight I made to be too broken, but it is an impressive creature nonetheless.

oh god

Would rather they have pages on the wiki, 'pologies. No stats for Danny Elfman today.

EDIT: Should note that I only really want this in place for characters since in general characters are gonna be more complex and the wiki is a useful tool to simplify aspects about them. Weapons, places, diseases, attacks, and so on, all should be fairly easier to translate to D&D and thus I don't really care if they're on VSBW.

4wewoovkevb41.png

@Oliver_de_jesus planning on working on Nero today (probably a bit now and will finish it after I've slept) but here's some Homebrew someone else made, a variant of the D&D Tiefling race meant to replicate the Children of Sparda. Someone also made Sparda into a Patron for the Warlock class, here, which I think is a neat take on it.

I was gonna ask for something but the Devil Trigger works too well for the final boss of my campaign.
What software are you using?
I may have a few home brew stuff in my next campaign it would be a good way to write things out in case I wanted to share.

I was gonna ask for something but the Devil Trigger works too well for the final boss of my campaign.
What software are you using?
I may have a few home brew stuff in my next campaign it would be a good way to write things out in case I wanted to share.
Depends on the sitch. I'll probably use the Homebrewery to make non-character things (This is an older example of my work, planning on making a totally new version of it now that I understand 5e's mechanics better but it's a good example of what's possible with the markdown coding of Homebrewery) and otherwise I use tetra-cube, which is very user friendly and easy-to-use for statblock creation.

nero.png

Less confident on my work with this one, I tried to cover everything but boy howdy did I underestimate how many things have "Devil" before them in DMC. Unsure I understood the separation of Devil Trigger and Devil Bringer, so I tried to add them both. Mechanically speaking, Nero's statblock here relies on being in one of his two states (active Devil Trigger or Bringer) to live up to his CR so I lowered what it actually comes out to by 1. His highest damaging abilities come from Maximum Bet, which would absolutely cleave enemies given it's a cone attack that deals more damage than fireball by a wee bit. This doesn't include DMC5 since I was getting confused even just from 4, watched an unfortunate amount of cutscenes/gameplay to try to make this work out. His main grace is his damage output, since his default armor class and health are fairly underwhelming until he goes into Devil Trigger mode. Intended to state that he stayed in Devil Trigger for 1 minute but I s'pose I failed to do that.

The main issue I see is that 5e tends to prefer less complex mechanics compared to older editions, so if anything has too many applications, that thing generally needs trimming down. I really didn't see a way to include his spectral-Yamato-thing so I tried to represent aspects of it as best as I could. Yamato in particular receives extra range from space-cutting and totally ignores cover as a result (as well as a slight bonus to hit, to represent dura-neg). Blue Rose is his most damaging normal weapon but Red Queen saves his bonus action and Yamato has its own special mechanics.

Next one... the Impostor. Odd change of pace but let's do it.

I dont know much about D&D but this looks cool.
Lupin III (character)
Talents
Lupin III is a master thief, and is skilled in infiltration, impersonation, escape artistry, hacking, etc. He also has a genius intellect and is a skilled marksman and h2h fighter. He is also very agile.
Abilities
Lupin III doesn't have many supernatural abilities. He does often use different gadgets or weapons that can provide him advantages In a variety of situations. Examples include things like Smoke Bombs, explosives, night vision goggles, grappling hooks, etc. He often carries around a Walther P38 pistol.
Vibe
Lupin III usually acts goofy and fun-loving, however, he is also very intelligent. Despite being a thief, he is not a bad person, and will frequently go out of his way to aid people in need, or to stop other criminals from committing violent crimes.

Yeah pretty much, maybe a slight rework for thief would work best considering the more modern weapons and tools. (Perhaps even less use of stealth in combat but bonuses to charisma and some rolls to simulate luck?)

CtKCVX8.png

@ShockingPsychic I feel like this is fairly faithful to the Impostor from what little I've played of Among Us. Quick overview:
  • Really good Skills for a monster! Particularly those involving manipulation and sabotage.
  • Speaking of Sabotage, the "Arcane Sabotage" ability should excellently portray the actual in-game sabotage ability without being terribly broken (unless your DM leaves something like a ******* Spelljammer nearby, at least).
  • Deceptive Suggestions means the Impostor can turn people over to his side, briefly, which I think is as good as I can represent in-game meetings.
  • Very low damage output (enough to consistently kill Commoners, though, which is what I consider crewmates to be) except Snap Neck, which can potentially insta-kill.
  • Burrow speed to emulate venting.
  • Immune to Necrotic and Poison to represent the whole "radiation can't kill me" shtick, immune to Psychic due to l y i n g (honestly Psychic could probably go but eh).
  • Shapechanger lets it change shape. Crazy, I know. It's a parasitic shapechanger (so I've heard) so while I know it doesn't do this in game, it's an option.
  • Limited Darkvision and limited condition immunities, particularly those that rely on a humanoid physiology.
This thing would **** as a low-level boss, e.g., if you ran Among Us in D&D. It's far better defensively than offensively, except for Snap Neck.

General Morden will be a bit since I need to figure out how to work in his vehicles, since on his own he really isn't much.

qEhXGaC.png

At the moment, this is what I'm working with. Haven't tinkered with CR, since his CR will largely be decided by how I stat out his vehicles. I gave him some support abilities focused on minions, and the ability to attune extra items since he seems to mostly rely on items to assist him. His rocket launcher does fucktons of damage but he himself isn't physically impressive.

Back