• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

CW Speed Force Revisions

Andytrenom

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
I talked it over with ByAsura and there are two revisions to be made for the The Speed Force.

1. Range Upgrade

The Speed Force simultaneously empowers Speedsters across the multiverse and since these other speedsters can also time travel, we can conclude that it encompasses the time-space of the other universe in a similar fashion to the the main universe.

Why do I say that them being able to time travel proves the speed-force encompassing the time-space of their universe? Well, it has something to do with how the mechanisms of Flash's time travel was portrayed in the episode "Fast Enough". I will of course elaborate more later if needed.

This would upgrade range to Multiversal+. If this gets through, ByAsura suggested the following explanation for range

"Can give power and manifest on multiple earths at once, with the number being potentially infinite due to Jay stating each earth is a diverging timeline. Exists outside the time space of the multiverse."

2.Higher Dimensional Manipulation

So we know that the the Speed Force is a higher dimensional realm and that it can transform itself at will to take the form of the normal universe. I discussed with ByAsura what power this is, and we concluded that it was likely Higher-Dimensional Manipulation. That's another power that should be added to the profile. More discussion regarding this is appreciated though.

you know, we actually discussed if Reality Warping could be given to the speed force for the aforementioned feat of reshaping itself into a normal universe. What do you think?

Also, do you think the SF should have Cosmic Awareness?

The Speed Force was aware of everything thing that has happened in Barry's and his friends' life, all the time travel shenanigans done by every speedster shown so far and Savitar even stated that being inside the speed Force allowed him to observe alternate timelines like Flashpoint.

I'm too actually. I'm sure Speed Force isn't the only character who is a sentient universe, do you know any of any other characters like that who we could use as a reference here?

I wanted to ask this for a while, but how does SF compare to other Low 2-Cs?

How strong is SF among the low 2-Cs here? In power, abilities, survivability etc.

I agree with this as we discussed, i also agree with the cosmic awareness stuff.

To add to the Reality Warping and HDM thing, Savitar stated he'd be able to do stuff like that when scattered throughout it. I'll find the quotes.

Edit: He said he'd rule the universe; "All of us aware and connected through one consciousness. I'll be everywhere, every hour, every minute, and then i will rule from the big bang to the end of the world".

I don't think Savitar's quote really implies reality warping.

I was unsure of transformation because of how it is defined in the wiki.

I'm not sure if transformation would suit. Barry compares the Speed Force to something like Gravity or Light. This is unless you are talking about its manifestations on Earth, in that case i agree with Transformation and Shapeshifting, but only for them.

Anyway, should i apply the range upgrade and agreed upon powers? Or should I wait a bit?

Nah i'm gonna wait a bit ovo (don't worry, i will apply as soon as I have the time)

Back