• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

CW Flash Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andytrenom

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
It occurred to me that I have a little problem with how season 4 Flash's speed is described in his page. Not the rating itself, just how it is presented

Currently it states that he is "Massively FTL+ after his amp" which gives the impression that he got a permanent boost in speed. However that isn't necessarily true, the context of that feat is that he couldn't run that fast normally so he needed to absorb a large enough quantity of electricity and achieve the required speed for that feat. There isn't really indication that he retained his level of speed after this incident

I think instead of the current wording, it should be " up to Massively FTL+ with electricity absorption" because that gives a more accurate idea of what this rating is.

Apart from this there's another thing, Flash has a feat in season 5 which I calculated at FTL. This would come in use when we create the season 5 key. There's also an Elseworld feat Spino calced long ago, which might be useful as a supporting feat but only if there's a significant passage of time between the two episodes, since iirc Barry did struggle when he performed the feat

Hellbeast1 said:
I'd also note he might need a downgrade for his 7-C key (it's based on his pushing Wells but we don't use that anymore for KE)
When was the last time you looked at his page?

I agree with the downgrade, not sure about the upgrade though. Also, this would change the Reverse Flash's rating, as he's listed as MFTL+.

Also, I never realized until now that these changes were implemented.

Is he? Never noticed

Regarding the upgrade, the calc was approved and depending on how far apart this feat and the Elseworld one is, it would be consistent, since that would mean he went from rel in season 4 to rel+ in the middle of season 5 to FTL by the end of season 5

We were supposed to be upgrading Supergirl's speed with the Elseworld feat, but yeah, this is all fine

generally we still need that supergirl upgrade thread

I also think that the first post seems to make sense.

Okay, this should be fine now right? Although just to confirm, how much time passes between Elseworld and the episode with the FTL feat? That part is kinda important

Andytrenom said:
Although just to confirm, how much time passes between Elseworld and the episode with the FTL feat? That part is kinda important

Does somebody here know the answer to Andy's question?

8 months and 2 days, assuming the episode's air dates correspond with the time in-universe. Tomorrow I can look into it further.

I would appreciate looking into it further, in universe and RL progression of time usually won't be the same for pretty much any series.

On second thought, I feel like I should just update the pages. The thread seems to be taking a lot of time and there being a long passage of time from the halfway point of the season to the penultimate episode is probably a safe bet anyway

Sorry, I forgot about this thread. I couldn't find the answer anyway, though.

Thank you. Should we close this thread?

You forgot to change the Reverse Flash's speed. Also, we agreed here and here that his later self that punched the Black Flash isn't comparable to his tachyon enhanced self, and that he's always used the negative speed force since his first incarnation, so I'll make those changes.

Btw we should also give Godspeed an 8-C rating and do some editing to Nora's current rating, maybe split her tier between two keys where one scale to Godspeed while the other to RF?

Unless you think this should be done in another thread

This thread is pretty short, so I think it's fine to do here.

About Godspeed, I believe the 8-C rating (Building level+ to be exact) is warranted in this case. For Barry and almost any other character it would be contradictory, but Godspeed's power is otherwise almost completely unknown, and he was beaten by Nora after she just got her powers.

Also, I agree with a Nora key. I also feel that her profile is lacking a lot of detail. Speaking of this, by the way, shouldn't all speedsters have the weakness of anti tachyons and Statistics Amplification via tachyons?

I don't think amping your power through external means necessarily qualifies as statistics amplification. What was said about anti tachyons again?

They weaken speedsters in the same way that tachyons empower them. That's why Nora was unable to time travel in her first appearance.

I suppose Empowerment would be the correct ability.

Weakness is fine

I am not sure about Empowerment, the page is kinda...vague, and makes mentions of emotion and such which I don't know if it is important or not. There are also countless ways a character can get "amped by external means" so unless we want to give everyone who pops a superpower drug empowerment as well, I'm not sure if fulfilling that description would actually work as well

In this case, Tachyons are an amp that's absolutely specific to speedsters, not something like a drug. It's an ability they inherently have. For example, Kryptonians can absorb energy from the sun to increase their strength. But I agree that the page is super vague, so I'm also not sure.

I am fine with Empowerment, and think that the page's explanation text likely needs to be improved.

Anyone have a problem with 8-C Godspeed and Nora's upgrade?

So if we separate Nora's profile by keys, what should those keys be called?

The other key would be for when she proves capable of harming reverse flash, so I think it needs to be more specific than 2019, which would encompass most of her time in the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back