• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

CRT for a Pizza Tower profile (The Vigilante)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StretchSebe

They/Them
Hello all. This has been on my back burner as I've finished up a college semester, but finally, The Vigilante CRT thread.

Weeks ago, The Vigilante from the Pizza Tower verse had his profile page deleted off of the wiki. When the user who requested the deletion was asked why, they did not provide any reasons, and said to ask for it to be restored. Afterwards, it stayed up for a few more days before someone else requested it be deleted, providing the reasons that it 'wasn't up to standards,' and needed scans and better sourcing. Pillar John's profile also got hit in this deletion request, but this Content Revision Thread will focus on The Vigilante, since he is the only boss from Pizza Tower currently without a profile. Simply as a matter of fact, neither user who requested deletion has really contributed to cleaning up, or fixing these profiles for weeks since. Given I was the one to initially work on them, and reference them with other users in THE Pizza Tower Thread (Fecal Funny edition) for about a month before posting the profiles however, I have made the following changes requested so far:

• Added Youtube video links with specific time stamps showing The Vigilante using his weapons and abilities to substantiate claims
  • Fixed and added some more Powers/Abilities, and fixed the Equipment and Notable Attacks/Techniques
  • Added links to other character's profiles in the verse, specifically Peppino and The Noise
  • Edited text to be more concise overall

I also made fixes for Pillar John's profile, but as I said, my focus with this Content Revision Thread is to at least get The Vigilante a profile again. Pillar John is included in the sandbox, but I find reinstating The Vigilante to be far more important given his boss status. Here is the Sandbox! Let's do some content revision.

Changed the portrait to the one suggested, and added a quote from the wiki from Toppinbot for good measure. Added Superhuman Physical Characteristics. Though I would argue in favor of keeping Inorganic Physiology (Type 1) considering he's made of cheese, and food characters such as The Kool-Aid Man (being an example on the page), and non-food characters that consistently turn into food like Charlotte Karakuri have Type 1, I have removed it for now.

Also, this would be a better portrait for Vigilante.
A render of that picture would be better, yes

As for the sandbox,
The portrait has to be over the Summary section
The Tier sections shouldn't have "(Scales to a base Peppino. Far exceeds the average Cheeseslime)." since that's for the AP section
Don't think the Cowboy Cheeseslime name is canon to the Pizza Tower Lore
For the powers and abilities; Vigilante should probably get Afterimage Creation for this and Non-Physical Interaction for using the same gun as Peppino
His Summoning should probably mention him summoning his ghost grandpa
Cheese is organic, so don't think we can give him Inorganic Physiology
For his AP, don't think we have enough proof to say that his explosives would deal more damage than his basic attacks and even if we did, this should reflected in the Tier Section, as in "At least 9-A, higher with weaponry"
Class 5, even a possibly, doesn't work since he never grapples with Peppino
And lastly, I think putting references to the stages where the stuff happens is better than just referencing the Pizza Tower wiki
But the rest is good

Also, I dunno if this is just me, but I think Vigi should be 8-C, not only does he no-sell Peppino's Mach Run, which is only x1.1 away from Baseline 8-C but the Gun Peppino uses in their fight is strong enough to somewhat harm Pizzahead, who even the angry Peppino that beat Pizzaface, couldn't do

john shouldn't be added yet at all since John doesn't have all the keys necessary and neither the abilities. Vigi i think needs less stuff but definitely more than he has rn

Also, I dunno if this is just me, but I think Vigi should be 8-C, not only does he no-sell Peppino's Mach Run, which is only x1.1 away from Baseline 8-C but the Gun Peppino uses in their fight is strong enough to somewhat harm Pizzahead, who even the angry Peppino that beat Pizzaface, couldn't do
not sure about this since the gun only did little damage which was practically insignificant. Also i don't remember him no selling it, just evading it for the most part.

when it comes to john we need a john enemy key (the little version that runs around punching peppino) and his ghost form.
Ghost would be 9-A for hurting peppino and probably teleportation since he sends him to the beginning of the level.
Normal would be 9-A as well but only like the bottom of it (scaling to 1 marble block destruction).

not sure about this since the gun only did little damage which was practically insignificant. Also i don't remember him no selling it, just evading it for the most part.
I agree that it only did minor damage, but at least it still managed to harm him, unlike all of Peppino's other attacks in that phase
Also you're right about him evading the high-end Mach Runs, I just tried to Mach Run Vigi before picking the gun, but I just phased through him lol
However, he still no-sells powerful Body Slams, which are also only x1.1 away from Baseline 8-C, so my argument still stands

i am sorry for not finishing up the thing with vigi and john but your sandbox is still bad
Dude, it's ok. It's been weeks and weeks, and you've done nothing for the pages. Other people are fixing it now according to what you suggested with regard to links and page standards, in spite of your inaction. You don't have to be involved anymore. If you still insist on not being constructive and just want to incessantly repeat 'it sucks, you suck, keep it deleted' for some reason though... then go off, I guess.
Cheese is literally organic lmao. What do you think cheese is made of? Also Kool-Aid seems to have it because he's a sentient glass bottle.
I mean, food is organic. Though the page seems to consider food characters inorganic. I assume this is because they are organic products of organisms, though no longer being part of the organism, they become inorganic, as they are inanimate.

Dude, it's ok. It's been weeks and weeks, and you've done nothing for the pages. Other people are fixing it now according to what you suggested with regard to links and page standards, in spite of your inaction. You don't have to be involved anymore. If you still insist on not being constructive and just want to incessantly repeat 'it sucks, you suck, keep it deleted' for some reason though... then go off, I guess.
i was about to explain what needs to be done or at least do some edits but adam did it already and way better.

Btw we could also give Vigi "Resistance to Cold Temperatures" via scaling to that 1 Cheeseslime in the Refrigerator-Refrigerador-Freezerator Level, "which is cold enough to freeze working fires in their place"
Edit: Vigi is also exactly 1 meter tall, which qualifies for Small Size (Type 0)
f557719d538dbe4952cee5c8199f3e54f84ba01d.png

Last edited:
i was about to explain what needs to be done or at least do some edits but adam did it already and way better.
Sure bud. That would track with how you've behaved for weeks up until now ;)

As for the sandbox,
The Tier sections shouldn't have "(Scales to a base Peppino. Far exceeds the average Cheeseslime)." since that's for the AP section
For the powers and abilities; Vigilante should probably get Afterimage Creation for this and Non-Physical Interaction for using the same gun as Peppino
For his AP, don't think we have enough proof to say that his explosives would deal more damage than his basic attacks and even if we did, this should reflected in the Tier Section, as in "At least 9-A, higher with weaponry"
And lastly, I think putting references to the stages where the stuff happens is better than just referencing the Pizza Tower wiki
But the rest is good

• I had put the portrait over the Summary section, and it seems to be over the section for me. Seems to be the case when accessing the page in other browsers and stuff too. Unsure how to fix if it is not appearing as such for others.
  • Added Afterimage creation for his Dash and Dive Kick, as well as for the bullets.
  • Removed the explosives part for his AP, added higher with weaponry to tier
  • Removed possibly Class 5 lifting
  • Added grandpa to summoning
  • Also, where in the stages could I reference the stuff happening? While the farm stage is his, the story isn't in there. It seems to only be explained external to the stage.
Thank you for the suggestions, and for helping!
To be honest, idk what is going on with the 9-A, 9-A+, and 8-C stuff. I'll change the tiering to whichever one is decided on once the dust on that settles.

Sure bud. That would track with how you've behaved for weeks up until now
in those weeks i had projects more important to me, my studies, my job and more weighing down on me.
in those weeks you could've looked at a profile or two on VSBW and could have understood how they ought to look and at this moment could have edited your profiles to at the very least not have the AP explanation in their tiering section.

here's what i did right now

it's almost perfect with maybe a few abilities needing editing and such. Probably references too if you need them

Does anyone know where the Johns being a Hive Mind and Pizzahead putting a curse on him come from?
It is part of his and Gerome's backstory as described on the wiki. The curse put on him split his conscious among the pillars and non-pillar forms seen throughout the game. I'm sure we could find the more specific statement/explanation made by the dev's about it, though I had linked the wiki page for such. Also, ty for including the hp icon for The Vigilante.
in those weeks i had projects more important to me, my studies, my job and more weighing down on me.
in those weeks you could've looked at a profile or two on VSBW and could have understood how they ought to look and at this moment could have edited your profiles to at the very least not have the AP explanation in their tiering section.
I've been busy too. With college alone, I am still working on 3 papers, 20 pages total over these last two weeks.

But beyond the initial recommendations for what to change/fix, you have largely ignored my attempts at asking if and how we could reconcile the issues with the profiles in that time, and been unnecessarily antagonistic when you have responded. I'm receptive to changing things for the better, and open communication, but surely you can understand why simply being repeatedly told something sucks, and seeing no contributions being made to make the profiles not suck has given me next to nothing to go off of.

Also, the profiles on VSBW can be quite diverse. Obviously they follow standard design templates, but some pages are sourced and substantiated far less than the sandbox for The Vigilante was when you said it was bad again in this thread.

it's almost perfect with maybe a few abilities needing editing and such. Probably references too if you need them
This is good to see though! Thank you for doing some stuff for Pillar John. This definitely works to expand upon his forms (notably the ghost and mini), and as far as I can see, I think it is solid. There may be some more things missing, but outside John one-shotting Pizzahead, I can't think of anything. Removed the Pillar John section from The Vigilante sandbox.

Also, the profiles on VSBW can be quite diverse. Obviously they follow standard design templates, but some pages are sourced and substantiated far less than the sandbox for The Vigilante was when you said it was bad again in this thread.
Just open a popular dragon ball or one punch man or one piece page and you'll see what the average page should look like next time.

Sorry if i came off as antagonistic beforehand it's just i wasn't happy you didn't look at pages before making your own.

This is good to see though! Thank you for doing some stuff for Pillar John. This definitely works to expand upon his forms (notably the ghost and mini), and as far as I can see, I think it is solid. There may be some more things missing, but outside John one-shotting Pizzahead, I can't think of anything. Removed the Pillar John section from The Vigilante sandbox.
I removed the oneshot since
1. Pizzahead was already damaged from the previous fight
2. He sent him flying, not one-shot him. We can't really prove a one shot here since we don't know if he got knocked out by that.

Just open a popular dragon ball or one punch man or one piece page and you'll see what the average page should look like next time.

Sorry if i came off as antagonistic beforehand it's just i wasn't happy you didn't look at pages before making your own.
I have seen lots of pages, particularly One Piece pages, and even worked on editing a profile page before creating my first in the Pizza Tower pages. Obviously, I still had (and have) things to learn and improve upon. In any case, I accept the apology, and hope we can move forward from that.
I removed the oneshot since
1. Pizzahead was already damaged from the previous fight
2. He sent him flying, not one-shot him. We can't really prove a one shot here since we don't know if he got knocked out by that.
In the true ending, Pizzahead gets up after being legitimately injured, spinninh and regenerating to full condition with the same animation to the cutscene after phase 2 of his final boss fight. After he does this, and laughs at John, who sends him flying off into the sky Team Rocket style with a single uppercut. Maybe doesn't count for a literal one shot, at most an incapacitation, though I imagine it counts for something in terms of physical scaling in relation to Pizzahead.

Could be worth doing a calc for, if possible. I'd give it a try. Been also improving in that area too, starting with a simple explosion calculation on my blog for another series.

tbh i feel like this is just an effect and we shouldn't take it seriously
Ehh. Same could be said about alot of stuff in Pizza Tower. It also appears in some pretty important moments in fights, like the Peppino and Noise scuffle and especially, Peppino’s Beatdown of Pizzahead
Plus, Vigi is actually unable to get the bones effect due to being a Cheeseslime, so they definitely put some thought into it

Finally finished this semester.
Noise loses his teeth and bones everytime you hit him, not much difference
Was going to say this. I do believe there's sufficient evidence for High-Low regen for chars given the 'technical difficulties' screens among other things (especially for The Vigilante and Fake Peppino), and that the effect seems to imply serious damage, though I'm hesitant to say it would be indicating the characters literally losing bones.
Plus, Vigi is actually unable to get the bones effect due to being a Cheeseslime, so they definitely put some thought into it
This makes me willing to consider it though. At the very least, that's a really cool detail to the credit of the devs.

As for the sandbox,
But the rest is good

Actually Peppino does hurt Pizzahead with his physicals, it's just that he had to get even more pissed to do so.
Like at this point he was negating Pizzahead's hax and everything.

Actually Peppino does hurt Pizzahead with his physicals, it's just that he had to get even more pissed to do so.
Like at this point he was negating Pizzahead's hax and everything.
Oh yeah, I missed that point, but it is true with Phase 4 and the cutscene that ensues.

Also, are we going to give The Vigilante Hammerspace?

Like The Noise, he can pull out a lot of weapons/equipment from nowhere, and we changed his lifting strength because of it.

Last edited:

You have '|' in the Tier section which means there are separate forms/keys but you haven't added a Key section. It should go right beneath the Tier section.

See here.

Also, I would like to discuss giving Vigilante Darkness Manipulation for covering his arena in darkness in Phase 2.

Noise has no extra abilities due to his 2nd phase right
I think his abilities are all granted by his first phase. The second phase just makes him use more of what he's already doing, and the Noiseys moving into the arena isn't caused by him. They just come out of the holes in the giant Noise balloon.

You have '|' in the Tier section which means there are separate forms/keys but you haven't added a Key section. It should go right beneath the Tier section.

See here.

Also, I would like to discuss giving Vigilante Darkness Manipulation for covering his arena in darkness in Phase 2.
donezo

I noticed other issues.
  • One of your tabs says John Pillar but the name section and most of the page says Pillar John.
  • John Ghost should probably get Inorganic Physiology due to being a ghost of an inorganic being.
  • BFR for John Ghost should probably be changed to Teleportation, as he's not moving Peppino very far from the battlefield.
  • John Ghost and John should probably have Large Size.
  • Mini John could get Small Size, but we would need to figure what his height is compared to Peppino to be certain.
  • Your links to Pizza Face (Pizza Tower) could be changed to say Pizza Face or Pizzahead.

I noticed other issues.
  • One of your tabs says John Pillar but the name section and most of the page says Pillar John.
  • John Ghost should probably get Inorganic Physiology due to being a ghost of an inorganic being.
  • BFR for John Ghost should probably be changed to Teleportation, as he's not moving Peppino very far from the battlefield.
  • John Ghost and John should probably have Large Size.
  • Mini John could get Small Size, but we would need to figure what his height is compared to Peppino to be certain.
  • Your links to Pizza Face (Pizza Tower) could be changed to say Pizza Face or Pizzahead.
everything but small size i agree with

I've made a few changes based on discussion here and in THE Pizza Tower Thread (Fecal Funny edition) to The Vigi's profile:
We could discuss the Darkness Manipulation further, but I think it is safe to give to The Vigil.
everything but small size i agree with
Also yeah Mini John's are around the same size as Peppino.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back