• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I don't know much about DLC Connor since I haven't played it, but yes, apparently Yuno can detect invisble opponents.

• Magic Sensing: After temporarily losing all five senses to Catherine's magic, Yuno awakened the Wind-Magic user's specialty: sensing and controlling the flow of mana around him, allowing him to locate and detect foes and attacks using their mana signatures alone.

His invisibility isn't magic or mana based, more like he absorbed the power of the spirit of the concept of wolves. Which gives him a level of stealth to the point where he's invisible, and if we go by lore it doesn't take away health (didn't during his fight with Washington)

Besides, Eagle Vision gives Connor a counter and if it's as strong as Arno's he can figure out what Yuno will do before he even does it.

Not saying Connor's invisibility is mana-based, I'm saying Yuno can sense mana around him and therefore will be able to sense Connor.

If it's DLC Connor, his Animal Powers should win with Mid-High Difficulty.

Yuno's detection is based on Magic, which doesn't apply to Connor.

Connor's Eagle Vision (which he notably keeps in DLC) is based on presence of an object of interest, and classified into one or more colors. Which definitely applies to Yuno.

Yuno has an advantage in that his Wind Magic can probably counter Connor's most versatile Eagle Form, and he does have enough non-Magic reflexes to deal with Connor, at least for a while. And it's obvious that Connor getting hit by Yuno's magic means an instant Game Over, because Yuno will exploit that window and wear him down.

Connor's advantage lies in the fact that his Wolf Form cannot be detected by Yuno, and his Assassin's training. Taking down a bear is no small feat, and DLC Connor shows all the combat prowess Connor has in the game, minus the Hidden Blades. And Yeah, Wolf Form Invisibility-Bear Form Power Slam Combo is gonna be something of a nightmare for Yuno.

Out of 100 Showdowns...

45 : 55 in Connor's favor.

Delta3000 said:
Yuno got upgraded to small town lvl so this should be closed.
I consider that an asspull.

Meleoleona only got it with a year of living out a Woman vs Wild episode.

Yuno had NO time to get to Mana Zone from Skin, even considering his talent. I'm not even sure Yami has Mana Zone, and he's definitely out of Yuno's league, in power and potential.

Delta3000 said:
The upgrade occoured before Meleoleona even showed up in the story.
Okay, you're losing me.

Which upgrade are you referring to?

The Spirit King upgrade? Or the Mana Zone upgrade?

Before that; back in the arc when asta first got his demon form the whole verse got an upgrade to small town lvl due to a small town feat performed by that chick with the fire elemental.

I should also point out that Yuno no longer has a 9-A form on his page; hence why i said this should be closed.

That 'chick' is Fana, Mars' girlfriend.

And her feat was done with competent mastery of the Spirit of Fire.

Yuno didn't have Sylph for as long as she did. And going by the flashbacks and other glimpses in the fast-paced manga, her talent is comaprable to Yuno's.

The point is, Fana has had Salamander for longer than Yuno had Sylph.

She's had more practice using its power.

Her talent is comparable to that of Yuno's.

Yuno did NOT practice as much as Fana. He didn't have the time.

Therefore, Yuno is not YET at Small Town. Maybe Multiple Block. Or Big Village.

Delta3000 said:
If yuno is MCB (8-A) that would mean he stomps Connor who is 8-C at his best.
We're talking about DLC Connor.

Same Combat Effectiveness minus Hidden Blades, and empowered via Animal Powers.

You can't just consider the Level, especially when they're on the same Tier. You also have to consider skillset and specialization.

Connor in the DLC is the perfect Assassin. His skills are tailored to kill silently and stay out of trouble. His brawn is a little excessive, but it's more than necessary if he finds himself in a tough spot.

Yuno's spells are powerful AND designed for open combat, and I think it's notable that he doesn't have countermeasures against Stealth that isn't magic-based.

Again, a problem is that we are not given the battlefield or enough specifications.

In an open arena where they start off seeing each other, Wolf Form's effectiveness would be lowered, and Yuno could lock Connor in a Power Match and steadily gain the upper hand, eventually winning.

In an arena with cover where they don't start seeing each other would work to Connor's advantage. Basic scouting with Eagle Form + Eagle Vision (not Magic, can't be detected), get close with Wolf Form, and kill. Or overpower at close quarters with Bear Form--another notable aspect of Yuno is that he doesn't have good CQC feats (at least not that I know of), which Connor has in spades.

If they start off seeing each other in an arena with cover, it's 50-50. Connor can still use the environment, but Yuno knows Connor is out there trying to close in, and can defend himself a lot better. Given the draining properties of the Animal Powers, it depends on how well Connor can strategize, and how well Yuno can cover his defensive bases.

The 8-C version of connor is DLC connor.

Them being in the same tier (if we are low balling Yuno) doesn't help Connor at all as Yuno would still have, at minimum, 50 times the AP and dura Connor has.

Shame nothing in DLC Connors skill set and standard equipment will work due to Yuno's dura (rendering all physical attacks meaningless) and powers (he can fly and destroy all the cover)

The standard arena is central park in new york. Connors supernatural powers would be considered magic via verse equalisation thus Yuno would be able to sense him.

Delta3000 said:
The 8-C version of connor is DLC connor.
Them being in the same tier (if we are low balling Yuno) doesn't help Connor at all as Yuno would still have, at minimum, 50 times the AP and dura Connor has.

Shame nothing in DLC Connors skill set and standard equipment will work due to Yuno's dura (rendering all physical attacks meaningless) and powers (he can fly and destroy all the cover)

The standard arena is central park in new york. Connors supernatural powers would be considered magic via verse equalisation thus Yuno would be able to sense him.
Wait a minute.

You're equalizing Animal Powers = Magic, but you're just going to, what, tell me Yuno's outright on another tier? If anything that's lowballing Connor.

Let me express that while I am a fan of AC more than Black Clover, I'd only be biased if the one in question was Jacob. So I'm not trying to highball or lowball anyone here.

Okay, I checked Yuno's page again.

Durability: Likely Small Town level (Could withstand attacks from Mars earlier on in the series and held out until Asta arrived)

And then I read the manga chapters pertaining to that fight, chapters 15 and 16. The fight itself in chapter 15 was not shown, but Yuno was pretty battered after he got serious. There is no indication of him tanking a blow from Mars.

And in chapter 16, where we WERE shown a fight, Yuno was dodging and literally flying around, using the every advantage you mentioned. And Mars was no-selling his magic left and right.

The parenthesis in that is pretty bad, Someone should update it. 'Cause if that's his best durability feat, it's pretty lame. He was DODGING and countering. Durability feats involve TANKING.

Alos, I'd like some justification (by links to the manga or analysis) for the things I list below, because they're key to the argument and I believe it matters a lot.

1) Physical attacks being meaningless to Yuno. When has that ever happened?

2) Animal Powers equal to Magic. OP didn't specify it, so tell me where you get that from.

Oh, and finally, if Yuno destroys the cover in Central Park, he's going to make a mess of it, and create even more cover Connor can potentially use, unless he's razing it to ground, which is some form of cheating, and I don't think he would do that in character. That, AND he's leaving himself open to a direct attack from Eagle Form.

Yes, their pages make it quit clear that they are in different tiers so how is pointing that out lowballing Connor.

1) What i was saying was physical attacks from Connor are meaningless because Connor's 8-C AP is far to low to harm someone with low 7-C durability.

2) The standard battle assumptions; the SBA's are used when an OP doesn't specify something.

Okay.

1) You fail to justify that durability. I pointed out why the durability isn't exactly valid.

1B) Given that you cannot justify Yuno's durability, those two are more than close enough in combat effectiveness for skill, experience and specialization to matter. Which, again, you fail to address.

2) I'd like to know about these. Please link me to a page or tell me outright. We'll see if they're applicable in this battle. Because if what you say is true, then this thread might be guilty of being spite.

And if Yuno's in character, I doubt he's going to pull out all the big guns against someone he can't even see right off the bat. While Connor, being an experienced Assassin, would recognize the threat that Yuno poses in a very short time if not right away.

Finally, the ultimate argument against your Animal Power = Magic statement.

Black Clover mechanics relies on a Medium: the Grimoire. Which I assume Yuno will have and be using here.

Connor doesn't have anything of the sort. His powers were granted via plant potion.

Explain to me how those two mechanics are compatible in the slightest for an equalization.

1) The justification for Yuno's dura is perfectly valid, You just don't understand the concept of inference.

2) type 'standard battle assumptions' into the search bar and you should find the relevent page.

This thread isn't a spite, Yuno just got upgraded after it began and no body closed it and when i pointed it out you started arguing with me.

3) True, he would most likely fly up to see if he can spot connor from the air which would force connor to brake cover to follow him in eagle form, Yuno would spot him and blast him apart.

4) So a magic potion and a magic book that both grant powers are mechanically different, how? The only difference i see is connors powers not being called magic.

1) Well then, please enlighten me.

2) I'll certainly look it up. And yeah, it should be closed as 'inconclusive', because Yuno keeps upgrading while Connor is stuck to AC3. But It's not closed, so I'll defend Connor as much as I can within realm of reason.

3) Yuno has never, not even once in the manga, started a faceoff by flying into the air (if he has, give me links). Except when he's already been attacked (when he escaped the Teleportation Magic). Even current Yuno relies on Slyph's Magic Sense to pinpoint his enemies. That is a window of opportunity, however small, that Connor will find and exploit. Might not work every time, so I only gave him 55 wins out of 100 showdowns.

4) Exactly how is the potion 'magic'? Really. Explain that. Is it another standard assumption? I would think a key point like this sould require clarification.

Back