• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Conceptual Manipulation adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elizhaa

VS Battles
Administrator
Inspired from this thread: Soul Manipulation Adjustment

This thread is on updating the Conceptual Manipulation page like the other thread did with the Soul Manipulation's.

Currently, Conceptual Manipulation is roughly described as Conceptual Manipulation is the ability to manipulate, create, and/or destroy abstract concepts.

There are cases in fictions where characters can ONLY interact with concepts as if there were tangible objects to the point they can kill these concepts; I don't believe these cases should be Conceptual Manipulation but just Non-Physical Interaction dealing with characters with Abstract Existence.

So, the additions I am proposing to the Conceptual Manipulation page is:

• It should be noted that the ability to interact with Abstract entities (Type 1) directly as if they were physical objects is usually considered Non-Physical Interaction and does not grant the user the ability to manipulate concepts in other contexts.

Killing a concept isn't the same thing to destroy a concept? I see that just as a figurative way to say he can destroy concepts

Yeah, sounds fine; although it may be possible that few concepts gain a physical form, in which case NPI wouldn't be needed.

If they can only interact with the abstract then it should be NPI.

If they can destroy the abstract and with it the concept it embodies I would think that's (possibly limited) concept manipulation.

Is fine by default, if the concept obtained physical form or is needed an special ability to actually do something then depends of the verse.

Yeah, I did include usually as the main adverb in the proposal. I wanted to know more opiinions to know if it is fine for additions.

Elizhaa said:
Is the proposed addition still fine, then?
Yes, is probably still fine. I only said that in regards to killing abstracts.

Ok, I made the changes. So, they changes were made, I think this thread can be closed now.

Welp, is not like peoole didn't write something like their Concept Manipulation was only applied to damaging incarnations/embodiments (assuming they can't be damaged in the conventional way), in whose case its tye same that hapoened with Soul Manipulation before NPI was a thing.

Certainly won't change D&D profiles you filth

Would the damage boost be useful to be specified in their usage? Something like the types of Immortality or Acausality. Maybe the whole thing regarding the interacting with conceptual things was just NPI...

If profiles are to be downgrade regarding Conceptual Manipulation, it should be on their own threads.

I believe nothing left to be done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back