• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite character profiles that need to be reworked or deleted due to recent rule changes

Nemo212 said:
I think this thread is probably the best place to bring this up instead of making a Q&A thread.

For Pokemon: where's the statement that the anime, the games, and the manga all share the same canon? And why are we counting spin-offs as canon?
Finally, I am not the only one to find issue with this.

Nemo212 said:
I think this thread is probably the best place to bring this up instead of making a Q&A thread.
For Pokemon: where's the statement that the anime, the games, and the manga all share the same canon? And why are we counting spin-offs as canon?
Was asked to comment here again, but I dont have time to answer this in length rn.

But no, bringing this up in its own thread when this one isnt about Pokemon and is already long as hell would've been much much better for you to do.

Alright, so I guess I'll make a Q&A thread after all.

Moving on, regarding the Ghostface situation, I guess we could rework the page to be the first movie's killer, and work from there. We don't have to have all the Ghostface killers right away, and there isn't that much of a difference between them anyway.

EDIT: Here.

Just a note that no new posts will be saved to the new forum from this point onwards: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/4208849

They don't have editing rights at the moment but if they write an explanation here, we could copy-paste it to the verse page.

Jason Voorhees is also a composite profile, as it includes the reboot counterparts as keys. Reboot Jason should have its own profile. Jason should stay, but i think Reboot Jason should be its own seperate profile, and not a key.

Okay. Are you willing to handle it Crazylatin77?

Also, this is just a notification about that all discussion posts made after April 14 will disappear in the new forum, so if there are any important content revisions that need to be referenced in the new forum, please back them up here:

https://archive.org/web/

The threads can be updated with later backups if more posts are made in them.

I think that he was deemed a special case, since it is technically the same person reincarnating over and over.

No we had two threads on that and it was universally agreed that was nonsense as each reincarnation has different equipment abilities and memories. Further the profile was totally redudant due to the fact he already has profiles for all his relevant incarnations. The agreement was either delete his every other profile or get rid of the composite, most people agreed to nuke the thing rather then delete his other profiles iirc. If it's still an issue Ill make a new thread about it after the forum move...

Okay. Did Cal agree about this, or should somebody ask him to come here?

He was against deleting all the other profiles to keep composite link but it has been a while since that thread. I guess I could make a new one, or wait until after the forum move...

Just saying the only defense Ive seen for keeping composite link was reincarnation (non combat applicable and link doesn't keep anything from his previous incarnations) And his popularity, which didn't save composite human...

If it has been conclusively decided to delete the page, it should preferably be removed, but we need some help from our content moderators with all the work involved.

Would you be willing to ask some of them to help us out?

Sure Ill go around and ask them for assitance, composite link has already been saved in a sand box for fun and games boards so it shouldn't be to much of an issue. Still Ill double check with cal as he is one of the authorities on such matters to make sure he's still seemingly on board with the deletion.

Another character that needs to be split into different profiles was zelda as her profile is an amalgamation of her across several games.

I deleted the page and removed her page's link on other character's profiles.

Back