• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite character profiles that need to be reworked or deleted due to recent rule changes

Okay. A footnote that says that the statistics differ slightly between incarnations seems good.

As for Bugs Bunny and looney tunes characters.

The rule saying about if he has a muddled canon means that the looney tunes characters should stay as they are, but they need a note saying why they can be a composite

Possibly. It depends on what the other staff members think.

One possibility would be to split them up between different cartoons and the comics itself, if we were to have to split them up.

But I'm not sure, honestly.

I wouldn't mind to separate the profiles to the cartoons and comicbooks, but am not sure either.

Should the King Kong (Composite) page be removed?

Okay. I would appreciate if a content moderator or administrator is willing to do so, along with updating all of the tabbers in the other pages for versions of King Kong.

That seems fine. You can ask some content moderators to help us out with this.

That's not why they're composite pages. The story of the comics and games is set in two different timelines that interact with one another. As the power level of the characters don't fluctuate between timelines, the pages include feats from both. The reasoning was that it wouldn't make sense to make two identical pages where the only change is their state of mind

Okay. I suppose that we might be able to make an exception then, but somebody should probably add an footnote explanation about this in the relevant profiles.

Usually, yes, but I do not think that we have a specific verse page for this franchise.

Anyway, is somebody else willing to handle it? I would appreciate the help.

Okay. Feel free to create one if you wish.

So what was the consensus on composite link? It says he's Thanos decimated despite being there.

Also, not sure about Astro Boy but they all seem to be different eras.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Should the Injustice Composite pages be changed to just Injustice? (the Super Moves were already removed, but the name is still called Injustice Composite)
Is some other staff member willing to handle this?

Is somebody willing to create an Injustice: Gods Among Us verse page as well?

Crazylatin77 said:
That's not why they're composite pages. The story of the comics and games is set in two different timelines that interact with one another. As the power level of the characters don't fluctuate between timelines, the pages include feats from both. The reasoning was that it wouldn't make sense to make two identical pages where the only change is their state of mind
Crazylatin77 has explained why it should be fine for Injustice Composite to stay.

Although someone should probably make an Injustice verse page with an explanation on why we allow this, yes.

2-A Tommy Oliver probably needs to be its own page

Mary Poppins seems to be a composite of the books and Disney's version. Afaik there was quite a feud between the author and Walt Disney (there's even a movie dedicated entirely about it too) so idk...

I would appreciate help with what Crzer07 brought up as well.

I think this thread is probably the best place to bring this up instead of making a Q&A thread.

For Pokemon: where's the statement that the anime, the games, and the manga all share the same canon? And why are we counting spin-offs as canon?

Nemo212 said:
For Pokemon: where the hell is the statement that the anime, the games, and the manga all share the same canon? And why are we counting spin-offs as canon?
Tbf, it's not one statement, but individual ones for each. Why do we also count everything beyond the games by Gamefreak, the main anime with Ash and the Pokémon Special manga (which are the only one with statements of shared canon), is also beyond me.

You can ask The real Cal Howard and ProfessorKukui for them, they were the ones who gave the last time this was brought up on another thread.

Back