• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Comment a character and I'll adapt it to Pokémon

Bobsican

He/Him
Okay, I've got quite a lot of time lately and what a better way to say farewell to the forum with this thing.

Basically, comment a character and I'll turn it into a Pokémon as seen below:

Stitching Stitch
Barney the OU monstar

Link the profile of the guy you want to be seen ported into Pokémon mechanics, feel free to give details you may think of to it and so on, however, there's some guidelines:

- Characters that are in tier 1 or above are not allowed, this is mainly to avoid getting stats potentially too inconsistently inflated beyond Arceus, and also because haxy abilities and trascendence stuff found in such tiers always aren't easy to adapt properly without leaving them at a side, which also means that please refrain of posting guys with an (extreme) wall of hax unless you really want an Uber (Aka, something really broken beyond competitive use), characters that have powerful hax but limited to only a few abilities are fine.

- Because of the above, Nonexistent Physiology either will be ignored or will be a justification to turn the respective character a Ghost type out of the intangibility, while other ones like Abstract Existence or (Elemental) Intangibility will be left at a side or be used for the respective typing depending on the case, in addition, "smurfs" will fairly often be taken as glass cannons.

- Main characters and stuff of similar power generally will be aimed for OU, while godly entities (Or stuff that can keep up with them) will go to Ubers

- Remember that Mega Evolutions, Z-Moves, Dynamax/Gigantamax and Ultra Bursts and so on are also allowed, other specifications on what you think the movepool could fit with legit Pokémon moves are also welcome, as I'll mainly try to find a niche for someone with the typing and stat spread that match the way they fight in canon, often also in an unique way if possible.

- Custom mechanics in specially made moves, abilities, Z-Moves and/or other mechanics (Custom terrains, custom weathers, etc.), may be applied if the main power(s) of a character simply are too special/complex.

- Any details beyond just linking the profile are very welcome, the more detailed, the better the result will be.

- Only one character per user, however you may submit multiple ones and I'll choose one, I'll generally prefer those that have stuff to actually work with, so please try to leave verses with no Elemental Manipulation of any kind at a side.

- Please don't complain too much if the result isn't as you intended, that's why I'm asking a lot for you to give details beyond what's on the profiles (Especially if they only list what powers they get instead of how they perform them and their mindset, although I can guess with the latter that more often than not they'll be offensive), I'll gladly also explain the reasonings I may find for the respective character being of certain type or holding certain movepool, as TMs and so on will also be taken into account if the movepool otherwise would be too poo or if coverage options could be used for actual viability.

• Examples of custom moves:
Ohana (Status | Normal | - Accuracy | 5 PP | - BP | +3 Priority, forces the opponent to flinch and the user recovers health by 50% of the opponent's HP (25% to all other surrounding mons in Doubles), without damage being actually done, can only be used on the first turn out (Like Fake Out), sound move (And so bypasses Substitute); Z-Power effect: Fully restores the user's PP in all moves)

Yeah, an actual thing in KH

You Love Me (Status | Fairy | - BP | 100 Accuracy | 5 PP | Attract, but it works regardless of the target's gender; Z-Power effect: Raises all stats by 1 (no accuracy/evasion))

Yes, this is based on that one Empathic Manip thing Barney got from a non-canon game

Trinity Limit (Special | Fairy | 200 BP | - Accuracy | - PP | Signature Z-Move, must know Zantetsuken and hold a Soranuim Z, +10 BP with each positive stat change the user may hold, and resets the user's stat changes afterwards)

• Examples of custom abilities:
Abekombe's Touch (Inverts the stat changes of all active Pokémon at the end of each turn)

Obviously Doraemon's tool doesn't actually go like this, but you're able to stretch it like this here for the sake of variety, just make sure it's reasonable enought.

With that being said, let's see what characters we'll get, details may be skipped, but as said before, the quality may be lost if done like that.

Nah, I'm just bored, lol.

If I wanted ideas I would just check the CAP forum.

Mmm... your standard sweeper, on it.

I'll get a draft done then I'll ask if you like it as it is.

Also, just for reference, being made of gold doesn't make you an Steel type, as we can see with Cofagrigus.

SomebodyData said:
someone from the place i know bobsican from did her already, but i'm kinda curious as to his take on her

in that vein, i have my own request: bandana waddle dee. no cheating by looking at my notes

Yes, they can be really anything, even a Pokémon Trainer if you really want (I don't recommend that, however, as they really have no abilities by themselves normally).

I see, neither does having an armored suit? Eh, you do you, still interested in seeing how it turns out.

Well, it really depends on what the suit is made of, any other sort of metal qualifies for Steel typing.

SomebodyData said:
I see, neither does having an armored suit? Eh, you do you, still interested in seeing how it turns out.
There are actualy sveral pokemon that are steel type for having metal armor

Bobsican said:
Well, it really depends on what the suit is made of, any other sort of metal qualifies for Steel typing.
SomebodyData said:
it's sort of inconsistent (sheltmet (and armored mewtwo in GO) vs escavalier

also i'm not sure if we've seen any actual silver in canon yet so hmmm

Okay, I tried, I've heard the armor is somewhat biological and all of that so that counts enought for Bug type to me.

Shell Smash comes from how she holds an armor and she can go out of it to gain further mobility and so on in exchange for bulk.

And yes, up to 4 abilities are allowed because Rockruff somehow does.

Samus Guard Boom
Grapple Beam (Special | Electric | 90 BP | 100 Accuracy | 10 PP | Traps the opponent if this move is succesfull (Like Anchor Shot))

Rejnka said:
Bobsican said:
Also, just for reference, being made of gold doesn't make you an Steel type, as we can see with Cofagrigus.
I taught you well, haven't I?
Bobsican said:
Okay, I tried, I've heard the armor is somewhat biological and all of that so that counts enought for Bug type to me.
i take it back

Ainz Ooal Gow Im not gonna lie just curios what you'd do with him... I suppose you could do a split path evolution with him, starting off as dark warrior momon, then have his evolved forms be perfected warrior (His perfect warrior spell that converts all his mage skill levels to warrior) and Ainz ooal gown being the other variant.

If you need ainz mindset...Paranoid borderline coward that goes for death hax as a first move and would much rather overkill then underkill...

Typing wise...I feel dark is a necessity (His official translation has him as the king of darkness...) Anything else is pretty negotiable, he's got spells covering nearly every element.

Back