• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cole MacGrath in your favorite verse

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
Copy and Pasted an idea from Monkey.

Good Cole doesn't die during the RFI activation. He gets isekai'd to your favorite verse through death shenanigans or the RFI ripping a hole in space or some such. RFI is gone.

What happens next? (this is not a "does he clear it" type thing, more like how does Cole adapt?)

Round 1: Cole starts off alongside MC of the verse (assuming there is one) at the start of the story not too long after his arrival

Round 2: Cole is randomly dropped off in a random place at a random point in the story (you choose when and where)

Bonus rounds

Round 3: Same as round 2 but with Evil Cole.

Round 4: Same as round 2 but with Beast Cole.

Round 4: Both Good Cole and Evil Cole appear in different parts of the verse. Whether they ever meet is up to you.

Dark Souls: Eventually he's just unable to advance any further, when the tier 6es show up. Electricity drain isn't the most helpful against things that are already dead, or weird things like ghosts. Random spawn doesn't change much, and given the setting he's not gonna end up with the nicest life. Dark Souls is just an unfortunate place to be.

Magic: The Gathering: MTG has such a large variety of places he could end up that I really can't say. Dargoo wants to downgrade most of the Gatewatch so if that went through he'd have more raw power than everyone else there besides Chain Veil Liliana, which would be neat if he was with that group. Between infinite universes and outdated verse stuff it's hard to say.

Bloodborne: Normal if he's outside Yharnam, Dark Souls like if he's inside it but he might also just look at the wrong thing and go insane due to it.

Berserk (Verse): Being very powerful means I find it likely that someone who messes with causality would attempt to get him to become an apostle through sacrifice to a behlit. RFI means it's hero cole, so he's already decided to not be a villain here so idk how well that goes over without some major pulling of strings. Cole can't really do anything about Idea of Evil though, since he's not going to eliminate the concept of evil anytime soon especially in this verse.

Cthulhu Mythos: Either something unpleasant happens to him or he lives a pretty normal life.

Darkest Dungeo: With how omnipresent it is, he probably does end up going insane at some point. He could also get unlucky and spawn in the Farmstead, forever trapped within shifting timelines and all that junk.

Destiny: Honestly wouldn't even be that special. Tier 7 is stronger than stuff we use for semi fodder and average guardian, but it's nothing compared to the famous ones up at tiers 5 and 4 and his electric powers aren't that weird in this sort of verse. If he gets a ghost he would just end up a guardian of unremarkable status, if he didn't then he could still do anything else arc energy's used for. Spawning in enemy territories is dangerous since everyone resists electricity, a lot of things have pretty nasty powers, and he could take a wrong turn and end up obliterated by some random 5-C Knight (Destiny).

Warhammer 40,000: Not a nice verse to be. Best case scenario is probably being similar to a sanctioned psyker, but I think it's far more likely that his stuff would result in him being executed if he's in the imperium. Spawning in Dark Eldar or Chaos territory is just bad, Orks is a constant fight until he dies, Tau's either indoctrination or (eventual) death, and the Eldar have already planned for his arrival and have a million things they could do with him depending on their aims.

Salt and Sanctuary: Probably is stuck on the island since stuff eventually gets too strong and the good ending has you swim out of it (which cole can't do), if we assume he's there. Otherwise he just lives a normal life.

Hotline Miami: I wonder if it's possible that he could put a damper on the cold war here and avert the ending of HLM2? If a nuclear war starts he still dies. Not immediately or to the radiation, but to starvation. He'd have some time to walk around in a dead or dying world, and would eventually succumb himself. Nuclear War's not a nice concept.

Hollow Knight: Lives a normal live, since he's too big to fit into underground caverns inhabited by bugs so he must just spawn in a regular area.

Super Smash Bros.

The Legend of Zelda: Each game's generally a new setting so yeah I don't know

DOOM: Infinite electricity seems like a good solution to the energy crisis that necessitated conquering Hell for resources. He can kill demons and shit sure, but I feel like that would be a much more useful role to fill in especially since Doomguy seems to be doing fine with the demon killing.

The Cosmere: Lot of different settings, fits in to some magic systems better than others. Unusually powerful for sure no matter where he ends up.

Xionic Madness: Cole vs some weird government conspiracy but he's too durable to damage I guess. Though I'd assume they could requisition chemical weapons in some form and stuff like XV is around, he would make the tasks of the protagonists a lot easier via 1 shotting everything and being invincible.

Devil Daggers: Cole just kills a bunch of skulls forever since that's all the verse is, it doesn't have a story lol

Titanfall (Verse): People would try and get him roped up into some war or another, and I doubt he'd have any of it. Would not be allowed into the Apex Games though, too powerful

Katana ZERO: I have no clue. Depending where he's at he might not even be privy to the whole shadow war going on.

Parahumans (Verse): Cauldron (and Dinah) already foresaw his arrival and made plans for him. He rises up to become one of the greatest heroes, maneuvered by background forces to help drive off the endbringers and destroy threats like the Slaughterhouse 9. Already has demonstrated control good enough to be non lethal against normal people, durability is a big plus, Cole could do really well as a hero here, though he probably wouldn't become Triumverate because they're all backed by Cauldron. Contessa could figure out the right things to say to him to get him into the organization if needed though. Probably dies in the eventual fight against Scion (Worm) because Scion kills >10 billion people and can just shut off his powers, but if he survives into ward he still mantains an important position being probably the most powerful human sans Valkyre and maybe Goddess and an actual hero. Anti parahuman sentiment is much higher in Ward, but he is too durable to die in terrorist attacks or whatever and is genuinely heroic without the problems some other heroes in this verse have. Definitely would become a key member of the Wardens.

Since the OP referenced the RFI that was the assumption I was going off of.

Would like to add on that while he's not totally safe in Worm since dudes like The Gray Boy, Mama Mathers, The Simurgh, etc exist, with how powerful he is compared to most other things Cauldron would definitely take an interest in maintaining his well being up till the Scion fight, and by the time of Ward after working with heroes all the time he'd probably just be told if they knew of something like that that would potentially be in his way.

Mario: Due to Mario being mostly pleasant I think he'll live a normal life there.

MCU: He lives a normal life, but he may try to join the avengers and help them out. If so than the avengers help take care of most of their threats easily and IW is prevented. Although Cole and Tony would likely be on rough ends

Also, what team would cole be on if he is part of the avengers during civil war??

Marvel: Earth gets attacked and affected by powerful cosmic beings so I don't think Cole has the best time there

Smash Bros: Cole gets turned into a spirit by galeem

Zelda: Most of the settings for the games I played are post acopalyptic stuff so he is yeeted for most of them.

I mean, he could just be a high end street level hero like Spider-man is in Marvel.

As for the MCU, definitely Team Cap. Cole has a serious beef with government officials telling him what to do given the events of the first game and like you said, he probably wouldn't get along well with Tony to begin with.

I like how everyone agrees that Cole would just live a normal life. He never really had an interest in being a hero unless he needed to be one.

Give the boi a break

Puella Magi Verse: doesn't get anywhere because he probably doesn't speak japanese

Round 1: depends on consider more of a main character between madoka and homura, and technical start of series being episode 1 at homura's last loop or episode 10 at her first.

Final loop: homura is concerned by this new event, likely vaguely threatens him to stay away from madoka. Kyubey is extremely interested in this new adult male magic user and will try to figure out how it happened. Cole will eventually run into a witch and while his abilities are very good, reality warping and life absorption + whatever hax that witch likely has eventually kills him and he gets his soul eaten (unless he teams up with a magical girl, in which case he's good). Dies to walpurgisnacht.

First loop: much same as above, except homura likely comes to view him as a valuable ally and probably seeks his help in each loop

Even if it was Witches lead with mind manip which he resists and then he one shots all of them.

Also everyone's lowkey ignoring that without a large source of electricity nearby Cole will be living in constant discomfort due to status effects

My turn I guess:

Chainsaw Ma:

R1: Cole finds Denji living on the streets and either takes him in or gets him to the proper authorities and probably wastes the yakuza punks who were using him as their attack dog. He also probably heals his missing organs cause he's cool guy. Don't know how Pochita will take this mysterious, powerful stranger, given his past, but he'll probably take to Cole once he see's his kindess to Denji. Basically, Cole prevents Pochita and Denji fusing and makes sure that Chainsaw Man never really happens. He'll probably have to help Denji protect Pochita given that he's a highly sought after Devil that numerous organizations want to turn into a weapon.

R2: (Assuming this is post-Denji/Pochita fusion) Cole is targeted as an extremely powerful Devil or Fiend by the Devil Hunters, Soviet Russia and the U.S. His strenght makes sense narratively since a Devils strength is proportionate to how much the concept they embody is feared, and lightning/thunder is a common fear. Cole either has to run/fight off the numerous Devil Hunters/Devil/wackos that come after him. Makima probably also tries to manipulate Cole into killing the Gun Devil, but Cole see's through her immediately due to her similarities with Moya and DARPA. So now he either has to kill Makima to get her off his back, somewhat pissing off Denji and putting him on his shit-list, or Makima uses her OP Devil abilities to flatten him.

R3: Evil Cole will maybe throw some sympathies Denji's way, but whether or not he will actually help him is a coin toss. He may feel so much pity for the kid he'll kill the yakuza goons, but from there he'll probably just leave Denji to fend for himself. He's definitely not gonna waste his time healing him, so the kids gonna just have to live with one eye and one nut. Pochita will immediately sense some bad vibes from Cole and probably view him as a Devil or Fiend and convince Denji to leave him be. Cole proceeds to wonder this new world, using his abilities to take what he wants to survive and spreading more fear of lightning and fire then ever before, making said Devils increase in power. This definitly puts him in the sights of the Devil Hunters, meaning he may eventually run into Chainsaw Denju and Makima, creating a whole mess of the whole situation.

R4: Beast Cole probably becomes more lost and confused than ever before. In this new world where Conduit's don't exist but Devil's do, he'll probably feel even worse about his actions in his home universe since now they were all for nothing since he's trapped in another world where he can't stop the plague or create new Conduits. Demoralized by this cosmic turn of events, Cole wonders the world trying to make sense of things, maybe killing some Devils along the way.

I feel like Beast Cole is a hard character to write outside his home universe since his story is so wrapped up with making his world a better place (in a really twisted kinda way). With no Conduits to make or Plagues to cure, he really won't know what to do with himself.

May get to Invincible (Image Comics), Samurai Jack (Verse), Black Clover, Fist of the North Star, and One-Punch Ma later.

I'd be interested in seeing what he does in One-Punch Man tbh. Do Beast Cole and Saitama just become friends for being Inexplicably Overpowered and not knowing what to do with themselves?

Durarara!!: I hope he just kills everyone, including the main characters (there are some I'd love to see die), people are pretty rude in the verse anyways so it's pretty likely.

The Dark Tower: Probably nothing would really happen. Except that the world would probably be a pain in the ass to live in.

Warcraft: The Kirin Tor would probably accuse him of forbidden magic. The Burning Legion would probably make him a target. The Scourge would try to "recruit" him. The Old Gods' forces would try to corrupt him. The Horde would try to murder him. No matter what happens he'll end up hating everything because, if he happens to settle he'll probably get randomly attacked, or some corrupted dude's influence is going to seep in and cause problems, or some faction would find him and recruit him, which he would probably say no to, and thus they would try to kill him.

AEverse: The Hero would probably think he's a monster and attack him.

Homestuck: Woo boy. This verse is huge and his status is really gonna depend on where he ends up. There is no "Main Protagonist" so to speak aside from maybe John and Karkat, so that's not really applicable.

Good Karma

Earth A: He lives a normal life and then dies in the apocalypse. Assuming he doesn't die in the apocalypse, he's left wandering for a bit until he bumps into Wayward Vagabond and his crew. They have the supplies needed to take care of him, so he hangs out with them for a bit until Bec Noir shows up and kills him.

Alternia: "I've been unducted by aliens. Zeke's never gonna believe this one." He ends up sparking a third rebellion against the Empire. I can see him doing pretty well, honestly. He's tough enough to handle most of the things Alternia can throw at him and smart enough to avoid the things he can't. He'd get far and leave quiet a mess behind, but probably ends up getting assasinated by The Felt or punted by a High 4-C. Worst case scenario, he gets turned into a battery for a starship like the Psiioniic. Also, the image of Cole fighting alien juggalo cultists is hilarious.

Earth B: Lives a normal life, then teams up with the Alpha Guardians to fight iff The Condescension's invasion. Likely dies in the final struggle but he'd slow her invasion down a fair bit.

Beforus: Tries to live a normal life, which the Beforan government would encourage, until he gets pissed at the combination of Beforus trying to coddle him like a child (not normal = helpless from their view) and them treating lowbloods and disabled people like pets. Sparks a revolution. Likely does a lot better than he does on Alternia and could probably even succeed if he teams up with the right people. The Felt, Glybglob, everyone being paranoid and/or kill happy aren't factors this time around, so he generally has less to worry about. His only real problem would be Purple Blood mindhax.

The Medium: "I can't believe I'm saying this, but why are the salamanders worshipping me?" Anywho, he's likely versatile enough to make it to God-Tier abd thus become 2-A. Wether he beats his Denizen and The Black King is another matter entirely. He'd still die either way, as he can't complete the Session without a Time and Space player.

The Meteor: Does effectively nothing other than hang out with these weird alien kids. Might get killed by Gamzee or Eridan once they go on their rampage, but that's it. On the plus side, any conversation between Cole and Karkat will either be hilarious, heartwarming, or both.

The Dreambubbles: He kinda needs to die to get here, so he'd likely end up here eventually. He wanders around The Dreambubbles as a ghost abd occasionally bumps into other ghosts and has chats with them. Otherwise does nothing. Unless he meets Kankri; in which case hilarity ensues.

I'll get to other Karma Alignments later.

Jojo: Kicks a good bit of ass. get yeeted by Valentine or Kira. ***** over Akira, tho.

Prototype: Dies at the hands of Alex Mercer.

My Hero:...

Megaman:...yeet.

Persona: lives a normal life

Rwby: Yeets the verse. (incons Salem)

all for now

cuz most anyone in JJBA with a weird power gets attacked. In my hero, villains exist and die.

and for RWBY, I meant the grimm and villains

Alex would attack and kill Cole

Robot masters kill him

people aren't as aggressive in persona, so he should be okay.

If this is his Hero version, he'd most likely become a bounty Hunter to hunt pirates and criminals since he doesn't like to relate with the gubernment.

Gets yeeted by Luffy.

KFP:

He lives in the valley of peace and fodderizes the villains who try to mess with him.

Disney: He fodderizes everyone, he will likely not notice the characters who can actually be a threat like bill

Or, you know, he can just absorb some electricity and get back to fodderizing him. He blitzes Mercer to hell and back so....

Necromercer said:
But he can't kill him, so once stamina runs out, Alex eats (consumes) him.
Cole has limitless stamina......

You could argue Alex outlives and maybe Gasses depending on resistances.

Unless it's Evil Cole who crushes Alex entirely

Wokistan said:
Hollow Knight: Lives a normal live, since he's too big to fit into underground caverns inhabited by bugs so he must just spawn in a regular area.

well nobody knows if they are bug sized or human sized but cole could live a normal life because i dont know the world doest seem to contain enough food if you are massive in comparation so if bug sized death of starvation and human sized well i dont know

Jojo: Depends on what part he's put in, I could see him being a pal of the Jojo's though Giorno and Johnny might be a bit iffy in interacting with him, Jotaro too maybe. I do wonder what Cole's stand would be though, probably a replication of the RFI. Maybe helps the Speedwagon Foundation with a few projects here and there, maybe Cole even learns Hamon!

Castlevania: He really can't do much here, if he tries to help the Belmonts fight Dracula good on him but he can't go long without eating a one shot from someone. If he spawns in Drac's castle its gg for him before he can even think.

Darkest Dungeon: Madness hax does him in at some point gg, still in terms of sheer AP he can probably do a lot of work if the cards line up in his favour.

World of Darkness: This depends a lot on where he starts and what he runs into. Wraiths muck him over in more ways than I can count, Maruaders can just poof him out of existence. A powerful Kindred Elder might embrace him, the Hunters could defo use his help at any rate though.

Hokuto No Ke: He probably accompanies Ken on his journey, he can't handle the Muso Tensei stuff but he would be able to do just as much good as Ken does if he feels like it.

Back